THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pain4Pleasure
Slave
Pain4Pleasure

Please help an aspiring Heamonculous! Empty
PostSubject: Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!   Please help an aspiring Heamonculous! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 16:51

Hi all,

I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks now and finally decided to post , to pick your collective brains.

I took the plunge back into 40k last week purchasing the Dark Eldar book, Coven supplement and some Wracks+Haemonculous. Previously all i have ever collected was Blood Angels so its taking some getting used to planning a new army/new army list/ understanding the newest edition of the rules.
I did have an army in mind that i wished to collect from a picture i had seen. However after some discussion on another forum i now understand the army i wanted to build may not be what i want whilst meeting the requirements i want.

I had hoped to field:
2 Haemo
5 Wracks
3 Grotesques
1 Cronos
1 Talos
With various wargear.
one of the haemonculous would go with the talos/cronos to make that formation.

But now i understand how detachments/formations work i realise part of my army would receive benefits whilst others would be left with little to no synergy as the list would be unbound (which i want to avoid).
Do i lose out by building a list using the detachment structure rather than formations? or should i change my list and just go for a few formations combined? missing out on some models id like to use in favor of the gaining the synergy and bonuses id like?

I'm not looking to goto tournaments or be ultra competitive but i'd like to win sometimes - am i shooting myself in the foot not having transports?

Thanks!

P4P

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!   Please help an aspiring Heamonculous! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 17:03

With a raider for your grotesques, another haemy and a venom, you would be able to build something usable.

Dark artisan:
-haemy (WWP)
-cronos
-talos

3 grotesques in raider, with 2 haemy

5 wrack in venom

(I only use 3 haemy to have the 2 HQ needed and the 2 elite slot needed for the coven FOC)

But, usually, what people do is run a standard kabalite force (even if just minimal) and then, and coven formations.

Dark artisan is great and grotesquerie too.
Back to top Go down
Pain4Pleasure
Slave
Pain4Pleasure

PostSubject: Re: Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!   Please help an aspiring Heamonculous! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 17:16

Thanks for your reply! I don't think I want to goto 3 Haemys for my initial 500-750pts (sorry i know i didnt stipulate what points i want to use initially)

Would a Scalpel squad (2 units of wracks with venoms) + a Dark Artisan formation (haemy + talos + cronos) be an ok starting point instead? and then expand to grotesques later on..?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!   Please help an aspiring Heamonculous! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 19:54

Nothing wrong with your latest suggestion for friendlies although your original list is fine too just add 1 unit of wracks and its a CAD from the coven detachment. Formations typically have greater benefits over more ordinary detachments although not always. Almost always over the standard combined arms detachment (CAD) though since that is the standard organization and really only brings objective secured. Now that is a very strong rule in objective based missions in its own right but like most things you need to build to that rule or it won't really shine.. like say 60 podded marines all Obsec including their pods.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!   Please help an aspiring Heamonculous! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 20:36

Pain4pleasure I think that's an excellent idea. Perhaps a grotesquerie next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!   Please help an aspiring Heamonculous! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help an aspiring Heamonculous!
Page 1 of 1