THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpent went to Games Day....

Go down 
+9
Gobsmakked
Crazy_Irish
darkmark
soupcat
Sorrowshard
Thor665
Judgex83
Local_Ork
Sky Serpent
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 17:16

And I bring news of course.

Let's start off with Forge World.

DAREN PARRWOOD. I went to speak to the two guys involved in the Tantalus and Reaper and see what they had to say. First of all I spoke to Daren Parrwood who had the concept models for the Tantalus and his little sketch book, all of which is floating around the webway so I won't repeat what I have to say on that. I spoke to him about what he plans to do with a big thunderhawk sized barge. He originally planned on creating a few vehicles Tantalus sized but thought some of the other ideas were strong enough to make into a bigger vehicle and has plans for that.

STUART WILLIAMSON. Stuart also confirmed that he would like to work on a bigger ship soon and I asked him about any plans for vehicle upgrades such as enhanced aethersails and such and that they had no plans to do so at all. I raised the possibility of them doing an upgrade kit for Trueborn and again, no plans. He did however debunk the theory that FW aren't allowed to step on GW's toes and said they could fill gaps in the codex at a later date.

TONY COTERILL. I went to the afternoon seminar. IA 12 will be guard and chaos so DE will NOT feature. I also asked a question about whether he could add any more to what the other guys had to say about a larger ship and said nothing was planned and that no further Dark Eldar were planned as of yet. One of the reasons holding them back is how organic and curved the models are which makes them very complicated.

TANTALUS RULES. 12 12 10, comes with a flicker, can fire 12 dissie shots, transport 16, access to some other upgrades. Heavy support or dedicated for the court. Can do D6 S7 AP2 hits to a vehicle or troops it flat outs over or 1 S7 2D6 to a vehicle. A bit over 200pts.

JES GOODWIN. I'd start by saying I spoke to Juan Diaz first but didn't have much to say. Jes however is a cracking bloke. Started off speaking about the forum and that he checks up now and then and thinks we're getting a lot stronger. No confirmation on the Voidraven. Special characters will be divided up between himself and Juan but no concepts are done at all. He'd like to see them come out one a month in the future.

*EDIT Jes said he was pressured to do a court box set but decided against that as he wanted to do them individually. He also said he was asked to do a new archon model but really didn't/doesn't want to do another one. He also made a small quip about how you can make two Medusae out of one blister and assumes the suits don't like that fact.

Anyway, hope this sates all the Dark Eldar players out there.

And I got a Tantalus. NERRRR NERRRR.

TL;DR = DE superheavy planned but not for 2011/12. No more FW DE planned either any time soon, complications of the kit cited. FW won't rule out anything mentioned though. Jes will be doing the special characters with Juan but not even in concept form, on to do list.

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Sun Sep 25 2011, 18:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 17:39

Sky Serpent wrote:
And I bring news of course.
TANTALUS RULES. 12 12 10, comes with a flicker, can fire 12 dissie shots, transport 16, access to some other upgrades. Heavy support or dedicated for the court. Can do D6 S7 AP2 hits to a vehicle or troops it flat outs over or 1 S7 2D6 to a vehicle. A bit over 200pts.

Hey look, FW FAQed Dais.

Anyway... this IS good. Really good.
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 17:42

Im liking the AV12 even if its not all around. Not upset that they dont plan on making upgrade kits for trueborn since im fine with using the warrior kit as my trueborn I just painted all their helmets white instead of black. Sad DE wont be in IA12 but DE got ignored for over half the time 40k existed so is anyone suprised? Ofcourse we are the only codex that doesnt need gaps filled since GW covered it all except vect and malys =(. I would buy a forgeworld lelith thou since I feel she deserves it. She has never failed to impress me or whoever im playing.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 18:16

Overall I think I'm pleased or contented with the news. A mega transport that can serve as anti-mech or dissie the hell out of infantry sounds boss.

Sad to see FW kind of otherwise derping on us - though I'm not surprised, we are a fringe market and it's functional to accept that.

Excited to hear Jes doesn't feel he's done with DE yet - I'm finally starting to bust into the new plastics and they are beautiful and pair wonderfully with DE fantasy bits and even old DE bits, which pleases me. I could take or leave a Vect model, probably (though he should be done) but I really want to see Jes do a Malys sculpt, that would make my day. I'm not even sure how much I'd play her - I'd just want to own and paint it.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:09

Umm so Its fail for killing vehicles then ? Ican't say I'm particularly sold , the only big FWkit we are likely to get for a while ..... kinda glad the guys who went could not get one for me.

It can wait, I was hoping for something .....else

Woo and dedicated for the court ....cause thats not a fail unit.
Back to top Go down
soupcat
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:29

Not really, it seems rather awesome, I mean in the end for the cost of a court you basicly get an extra HS slot
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:33

It's not fail - it's just not super. A Str 7 melta gun that auto hits with melta effect with a 24" range is not shabby (especially if it hits on side (top) armor), and it's pretty much insta death to AV 10 stuff.

How often do you use FW stuff not in Apoc games? Because we do have better methods for dealing with big armor stuff than hoping for a bigger gun (Ravager formations for the win!).

The Court dedication is obv. fail, yes. The 16 transport capacity however is a nice option. You can get some pretty solid build options into play with that sort of occupancy.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:35

Except it helps not one bit with AT, DE's main weakness, it brings more anti infantry ability which is largly mitigated by cover. No doubt its expensive anyway, stilk fragile and youll need to pay 'court tax' to not lose a vaguely useful heavy support choice.

I can almost guarantee playing with this will make you sad after a few games...

Lol- ravagar squadrons for dealing with apocalypse stuff.... Yay lance spam failure vs void sheilds an D weapons, DE are currently going to suck and die in apocacrap, oh well, more money for infinity at least
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:39

Thank you Sky!

The more I see the Tantalus the more I want it. Unfortunately its too late for my upcoming birthday, but I might be cheeky and ask for it as a crimbo prezzy.

Do post up the raw kit as I think we'd all be pleased to see it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:40

@Sorrow - Our weakness is AV 12 spam (and GK ignoring shake/stuns...) - not anti-tank in general.
Even if I do think that's a weakness, I only think it's a weakness in competitive play - and FW was never going to fix that for me anyway.

If you really wanted a tank smasher - yeah, this wasn't it. Though I do think its 24 inch melta shot is better than you're giving it credit for.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:59

Woo 200 point suicide multi melta with low strength... You and I are mostly on the same page thor, it saddens me that everyone seems happy with scraps from the table so to speak, caestus, Achilles ? Yeah exactly.

And av 12 in multiples is sadly pretty common, im prettybsick of outright spamming lances onto stuff to negligible effect whilst my stuff politely explodes every time it is asked, DE are not a true glass hammer, and if 40k continues in the vein of GK I might as well pack in playing at all.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 21:31

Guys where are you going this Tantalus melta shot from or is that what you mean by the fly over?

My Tantalus is finally cleaned and ready for a washing up liquid bath, It might be put together by the time the girlfriend (with camera) comes round tomorrow but you'll get pics either way. And an update on my actual army for the first time in a few months.

Regarding the Tantalus I can't work out how to use it. Let's take the Tantalus rules discussion to Tactics shall we?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 22:49

Sky. You are my hero. That you A LOT!

I knew this forum would bring me the answer, and this place is getting better and better, every day!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 23:31

Thank you very much for this news Sky, a nice change from from what I have seen elsewhere. Seems as though FW was pretty much it for DE and 40K content.

Sounds like there will be more to come for DE, just not much and quite a ways away time-wise. Can't say that I am surprised, given the love-fest that we have enjoyed over the past 12 months and the size of our market relative to many other armies.

Please post some assembly shots of the Tantalus, and some scale shots (side and top?) next to a regular Raider.

Cheers.

BTW - I have to ask, Sky:

1) I have seen no more pics of a Tantalus or Reaper, painted or otherwise. Did they actually have either of those two on display?

2) were you able to compare the new Reaper rules from IA11 with the experimental ones?

Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
eldargal
Slave
eldargal

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 09:11

I don't recall seeing any painted Reapers from FW, the best I've seen is this:
Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... Attachment For the Reaper and this for the Tantalus:
Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... Tantelousev
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 09:14

Cheers Eldargal, nice to see you over on the dark side pirat
Back to top Go down
eldargal
Slave
eldargal

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 09:55

Thanks, I've been lurking. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 11:00

There were painted examples of both Dark Eldar vehicles, the Tantalus constantly wobbled though.

Reaper ruleswise. Night shields are more expensive,

However, it has got a lot better with the weapon.

Haywire pens on a 5+, instant death with kill-shock on a 5+.

Better. But good?
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 11:08

Reaper sounds good enough I'll buy one and play it to take break from using same heavy supports all the time. I was going to get one anyway to paint and display, but now I'll use it in games too.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 11:19

Oh and the Raven. AA twin linked lance, 10 splinter shots, supersonic, access to flicker and night, reroll scatter when deep striking if near to enemy skimmer or flier. 125? Razorwing has missiles Razz
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 11:23

Oh, so they fixed Reaper too?

Too bad I like Eldar "flying guns" more because that thing looks so unballanced (...cobra-haha!). Unless... I glue sail at poopdeck (<3 that word) as counter ballance...
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 12:29

Raven sounds much better then before to then. I take it 125 is point cost, and it has no access to missiles. I may have to scratch build/convert some to look more like new reaver. (I don't care for FW raven model, giant old style reaver doesn't fit with other models well anymore in my opinion)
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 13:17

Sky Serpent wrote:
Oh and the Raven. AA twin linked lance, 10 splinter shots, supersonic, access to flicker and night, reroll scatter when deep striking if near to enemy skimmer or flier. 125? Razorwing has missiles Razz

Well he has his clear role, and that is to bring down flyers. And a AA twin linked lance should be well able doing that. And 10 Splintershots..... NICE. Next Apo will be very funny.

Or as i sometimes say, ridonkeyles, because a donkey, makes it even more ridicules.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 16:46

I actually like those Rules for the Raven. Ive always wanted one, but never got it. Might have to go buy one now Razz

As for the Tantulus, I like the rules for it, and might get one. Now for it taking a HS though Idk... although its nice that I can field it as a dedicated for an Court though... might be the only time I field a Court now Razz
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 20:17

Were there any pics of the Raven yet? I guess we will have to wait until after the 30th when the book is released Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpent went to Games Day....   Sky Serpent went to Games Day.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpent went to Games Day....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next