THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators

Go down 
+3
Jimsolo
CptMetal
The Fume Knight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators Empty
PostSubject: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01 2015, 11:53

So, I've always thought that the DE weaponry in 40k was the most interesting, that being said regular Eldar are also awesome, although Darklight weapons have me so confused.

The codex claims its not known for sure, but possibly siphoned from Black Holes? So if someone is caught by a Dark lance, they implode basically? Its so bizarre, as to how it is, and how does a Dark Lance fair against a Bright lance, and where does the Bright lances fire come from?

Void weaponry, the only two I see are the Void mine and Void lance, the void mine description basically says it is Darklight too, and the void lance says that its taken from the webway? I'd figure that a Dark lance that siphons energy from black holes would be stronger than one that siphons it from the webway, but I'm not sure.

When it comes to a Disintegrator cannon it says energy from a 'stolen sun' What does that even mean? what happens to this sun that allows them to do this? and also if its stolen does this mean it was pulled from somewhere?

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01 2015, 12:26

Magic!

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01 2015, 16:14

The technology is meant to be incomprehensible, in fitting with the slightly Lovecraftian feel of the faction.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01 2015, 17:44

Indeed, the technology is supposed to be incomprehensible, making it seem almost like magic to humans. Their technology, just like Commorragh, does not work in conjunction with how we percieve physics and how we believe the world around us works. They're just too darn advanced.

There's an interesting multi part interview with Phil Kelly and Jes Goodwin when fifth edition dropped that somewhat covers this, I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oatGPbCSIU

Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02 2015, 10:09

Yeah, that was a pretty cool little series, did give insight to how the society is and how commoraugh is, most I knew, although the Haemonculous Covens they explained were mindblowing.. I die, a lock of my hair is left, and they plant it and grow a new me... Crazy. lolol:)

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02 2015, 14:30

Haha, I rather like that idea. Instead of a haemonculus having the sarcophagi they buy some of "urien's homeblend super-soil", stick the archon in and then pull him out in a few weeks like the mandrakes from Harry Potter

Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2015, 08:28

Hahaha yeah, kinda blew my mind. XD

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 22:34

I like the theory of them being from black holes. That would mean that would sort of be like an explosive implosive device crushing space and time in it's wake. What's even more creepy is in theory it is completely possible.

Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16 2015, 10:26

Yeah, thats why it blows me away to a degree, since it says the void lance is more destructive. But either way, I think in general darklight is awesome, that was one of the things that made me really like the race

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16 2015, 13:16

I am not sure that by siphoning black holes they mean creating implosion devices or graviton beams. I think it is just a singularity based powersource. Similar to Romulan from Star Trek or Stargate Ancient's tech. This kind of source can theoretically be limitless in supply and its power output based on the singularity size as it allows a loop of a energy conservation law.
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16 2015, 23:44

Perhaps its both, I mean the power that a singularity holds - and by this I mean in destructive capability would be enormous! To be weaponised it would, if my understanding of the theorem is correct, rip apart anything and everything on a molecular level.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2015, 00:23

I agree with Nyx. Why not both? Even from a different perspective, the Dark Eldar are so advanced that they could potentially achieve both. The point is that they are so advanced that they can achieve things that we can't imagine

Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2015, 10:35

Yeah haha, its pretty hard to say, the codex says reacts violently once it connects with something, I honestly would assume that It would make them implode, but if I recall, Eldar wraithguard weapons do the same right?

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2015, 11:24

Well the molecular disintegration is a result of time dilatation in the gravity field of the black hole. Not sure how this effect would be transferable by a beam. OFC I am trying to rationalise something in a sci-fi universe so dont take me too seriously, but it helps me to imagine my understanding of the fluff. Going beyond my imagination is a last resort so I try to give everything a thorough thought and try to understand how that works even within the boundaries of scientific theories. :-)

Violent reaction would suggest some kind of antimatter reaction or perhaps some kind of transformation of the immense gravity force of the "powercell singularity" into concentrated dark energy bursts.

Dont see how implosion would be achieved. For that you would need to fire some kind of object containing singularity like it is in one of our missiles.

But dont let me spoil your perception really. Just thinking out loud. :-)
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2015, 10:40

Well no, that makes sense, and thats good Razz I was hoping to have some discussion of what it could be, and I'd assume it'd be antimatter, its saying vaporizing too, so It probaby isn't implosion

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2015, 11:09

Well there is a theory that says that black holes are absorbing matter and light through gravity and in very long intervals they "vomit" the accumulated energy back in the space in the form of Dark Energy, X-ray bursts and such, which is responsible for universe expansion. So creating a tiny, tiny singularity, feeding her some stuff to create the right size and then forcing her to emit this energy, focus it and use it as a weapon sounds like the most "reasonable" (heh) to me. And since the weapons are called "Dark" lances, I guess that it just sounds right. :-D
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2015, 23:24

As long as it blows up tanks I don't care where it comes from.

Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 09:32

Hahaha it does sound badass though, vicious energy channelled from the highly compacted universal elements blowing holes and vaporizing enemies. haha

Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 11:55

As I interperet it;

Darklight: Something to do with flinging streams of anti-matter at people.

Void: A very brief Webway portal is opened up, this portal leads to the realm of that Archon Vect gave a Black hole.

Disintegrator: by some portal mechanism; the plasma at the core of a stolen sun is dragged into a magnetic coil and flicked out at whoever is sitting Ng opposite the cannon.

As for Eldar tech? Brightlance's and Starcannons are just extremely powerful laser weapons.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators   Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darklight, Void, and Disintegrators
Page 1 of 1