THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Combat drugs changes

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
Bibitybopitybacon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Combat drugs changes Empty
PostSubject: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2015, 21:38

While thinking about the various units in the dark eldar book that use combat drugs, all but reavers are garbage. I thought that a simple way to make them useful would be to change the way drugs work.
New mechanics: at the beginning of your turn select, any number of drugs for your units to take. After drugs are picked, each unit with the combat drugs special rule rolls a die for every model in the unit. If one drug was chosen the unit suffers a wound for every 6 rolled, if two drugs then a 5+ three 4+ and so on.
Combat drugs list
Splinter mind: add +1 to the unit's PFP turn count.
Grave lotus: unit gains rending special rule
Adrenalight: unit gains the shred special rule
Hypex: unit charges an additional 3 inches.
Pain bringer: unit adds+1 to its FNP roll.
Serpentine: +1 attack
Example: a unit of 10 wyches takes the grave lotus and adrenalight drugs. It immediately roles ten d6's and suffers a wound for every 5+ rolled. The unit then gains the rending and shred special rules till the beginning of their next turn.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 10:43

Is this based on the drugs only lasting a single turn?
If so the potential to annhilate your own unit is very high.
I sort of likle the mechanic, but think it goes a bit far. A single roll for the whole squad, causing say d3 on a fail would suffice.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 12:12

Agreed. Like the renegades and heretics drug injector. Majority toughness test or D3 wounds if failed. To ramp up for selecting multiple drugs, say; if failed: 1 drug = D3, 2 drugs = D3+3, 3 drugs = D6+3 wounds. I'd say no to armor saves but yes to FnP.

Thoughts?

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 21:29

Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking a test every time, but with different methods of modifying the die role. Like relics and sergeants and the like. Possibly detachments with the rule "acquired tolerance" "reduce the to wound rolls for drugs by one."
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2015, 00:04

Might consider a drug that boosts fnp. Possibly at the start of the next phase so it doesn't protect from taking drugs. Though that would be fluffy

Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04 2016, 23:29

A very 3ed vibe to the drugs, but probably too dangerous to the user.

I wonder if a boost/side-affect mechanic might provide the feeling of the drugged models juicing themselves to crazy heights?

To take a leaf out of the Ad Mech Order thingo, perhaps we could have a drug chart that specified a boost attribute and a side affect attribute, and then on a turn by turn basis you decided the level that you want to boost to...

Say:

1. Boost WS, side affect BS
2. Boost S, side affect I
3. Boost A, side affect Ld

Then we could have different levels:
1. + 1 Boost attribute, no side affect
2. + 2 Boost attribute, - 1 side affect attribute
3. + 3 Boost attribute, - 2 side affect attribute

Or, if you prefer, take a Ld test on the number of dice equivalent to the level; if you fail, incur the same penalty to the side affect attribute. Optionally extra side affects if you roll a 66 or 666.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23 2016, 18:21

I would just make them a flat +1 to power from pain like having a haemonculus with you. If the end goal is: 'better at fighting' then there's just no reason to have a random table and risk getting something worse.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2016, 00:55

I think just being able to pick which drug you want to use at the start of each turn would be a massive boost to wyches.  

The other changes add some awesome abilities but the book keeping would be a nightmare.  Why not just make the boosts unit upgrades?  If you do the maths each use of a drug gives around a 1/10 chance of a wych dying.  A 1-2 point per model cost for each upgrade seems appropriate and is much easier to keep track of during the game. In the end it works out about the same since you can just add a few extra wyches to compensate for drug deaths to achieve the same result.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs changes   Combat drugs changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat drugs changes
Page 1 of 1