THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Decapitator.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

The Decapitator. Empty
PostSubject: The Decapitator.   The Decapitator. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 14:04

I love the idea / concept of the Decapitator. However we all know he sucks.

Would he be worth the points if he could assault on the turn he appears?

Or would he need to then be more points?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

The Decapitator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decapitator.   The Decapitator. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 14:23

To be honest... I think he should be upgrade character for Mandrakes.

If he could "teleport" them AND grant pain token (so they could flame something), then he would be worth those 140 points. I just can't see how this guy can be more expensive than overtooled Archon if he brings nothing to army. But direct drop of Mandrakes then "duck and cover" + shooting... It could annoy Lootas if You would be little lucky (and march into/behind their cover).

But if he can't join any units, he suffer form same thing Marbo does (except Marbo can nuke something with Demo Charge and cost about half of price)
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

The Decapitator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decapitator.   The Decapitator. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 16:38

if he allowed the his lictor ability for an entire Mandrake squad, then he would be ok. The problem with GW is they have had this ability for some time (4th ed Nid codex I believe??? I think 3rd had some different rules for the lictor) and there is a reason you never see regular lictors in a list. They are overpointed for what they do. I think the problem GW sees is that a squad that can choose where to come out of (I.E. not random like DS) and assault is overpowered. Yet we have stuff that can come from a board edge and still assault the turn it enters, so I dont see a problem with a 140 pt model choosing where to come and assaulting. Its not like he will win against a full squad anyway...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Decapitator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decapitator.   The Decapitator. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 18:57

Man, if he gave outflanking like Snikrot I'd take him all the time.

Also, I moved this - officially it wasn't a rule question, you were either asking for some tactics or theorizing about what would make him good. This forum seemed to be more in line with your plot.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

The Decapitator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decapitator.   The Decapitator. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 19:37

Thor665 wrote:
Man, if he gave outflanking like Snikrot I'd take him all the time.

Idk... The good thing about Snikrot (other than his awesome abilities) is that with him is coming a PK Nob, and maybe even a PK Boss. We have no similar super all purpose thing, although an Archon w/ HB SS combo would be interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Decapitator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decapitator.   The Decapitator. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Decapitator.
Page 1 of 1