THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Highlander List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

1850 Highlander List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2015, 05:24

*Probably the final list. Due tomorrow. Thought it couldn't hurt to get some last minute criticism if anyone has any ideas*

Please be aware of some of the custom rules.
-Highlander Rules - Applies to everything, including ded transports
-All allies are allies of convenience  
-I cannot take a duplicate troop choice unless I have exhausted every troop option in all detachments already.

Total points: 1846

HQ

-Succubus
Glaive, HW, WWP

ELITES

-4x Grots
Aberration, Scissor, Liq gun
-Raider
Lance, NS

-5x Trueborn
2x DL

TROOPS

-10x Warriors
DL

-5x Wyches
-Venom
Extra Scissor

FAST ATTACK

-Razorwing
2x DL

-6x Reavers
2x CC

-5x Scourges
4x HWB

HEAVY SUPPORT

-Ravanger
3x DL

-2x Talos
Ichor Injector

CRAFTWORLD ELDAR - Allied Detachment

HQ

-Autarch
Death Spinner, Warp Jump Generator

TROOPS

-5x Dire Avengers
-Wave Serpent
Holo-fields, TL Scatter Laser

FAST ATTACK

-5x Warp Spiders

Last edited by Razkien on Sun Oct 25 2015, 04:28; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2015, 20:58

Is it that bad Razz?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 18:39

Looks pretty reasonable to me considering the constraints. I would probably be inclined to go with windriders though and put dragons in a transport or else wwp them in or something. I do think you should put guns on the reavers and consider some form of mobility for the autarch so he can join the spiders.. Maybe make them bigger as well. I'd also suggest changing the venom to a raider with night shields. With such limited saturation you need the durability over the likely one time shots of the venom.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 20:23

Good points,

I was going to give him the Spiders gear, but I forgot. I will remedy that shortly.

Few things I didn't quit mention. The Eldar models I can use are pretty much what my friend isn't bringing to his games. Unfortunately, he has no extra Windriders. Also, I only have five spider models I can use. I might see if I can take a dif unit but I need to talk to him and see what else is available.

All allies are allies of convenience (tournament rules)... so no WWP for Eldar units.

I already have one Raider (for my Grots). Unless I turn them into the Grot Bomb, they will have priority of my one Raider.

I feel like this format really hurts Dark Eldar... more so than most other armies. But oh well, one must play the hand they're dealt.

P.S. I might even consider picking up a unit of Windriders for myself for the tourney. I've been meaning to get a small group of Eldar anways and there is no better time to start then now, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2015, 09:27

I finally got a test game in against some Plague Marines / Nurgle Deamons.

I took a list very similar to this, but some key changes. I dropped the Bomber and just decided to go with the Grot Bomb. I already have the models and it can be a fun unit. The unit tends to be underwhelming vs. his Plague Army as he generally runs at least three characters that can boost their weapons to insta kill them. I don't ever list craft so I just tried to use them as well as I could. The fact that I couldn't spam my venoms, raiders (i mention this a lot, but it makes me sad) made for a pretty interesting game, though.

The main difference was an Archon with WWP with the trueborn DS'ing with the raider, the Grot Bomb, and some gear stuff.

He took something along the lines of a huge unit of Chaos Beasts (the unit I hate the most), Sorcerer, Typhus, Another Hero with an insta kill weapon that allowed armor saves, Unit of Marines, flying thing with a battle canon, a few of the big Flies, a Maulerfiend, unit of six nurgle swarm bases, and probs some other stuff in there that I'm not remembering.

The only real plan I had was to try and be aggressive, hold his units up or give them incentive to not advance too far. If I let him, he can hop from cover to cover and push my units back easily enough while taking a lot of map control. I started with just the Talos, a Venom, and a unit of ten warriors with a DL in my deployment zone, everything else in reserves. Talos in the center, venom near them and the warriors in some rocks that I had.

The plan seemed to have worked, this time. The Talos / Venom on the middle - right side just kind of kept advancing, shooting each phase. As my reserves came in, I dropped my blasterborn near my opponents left flank, melting marines and weakening Typhus' unit. the WS came in and applied fire throughout the game on any right side unit (I was able to catch his swam bases out of cover one turn and pop most of them with the S6 guns). The Talos eventually charged the beast unit, insta killing a couple, finishing off a third with other wounds and contesting an objective the the last turn.

The Reavers came in eventually, helping to screen the unit I had holding the relic and causing some issues. The Grot Bomb just kind of got stuck in combat and eventually died out. He made the mistake of charging them with his flies and his Maulerfiend in one turn. The Mauler did well but I was able to kill off the flies with attacks to them. Eventually the bomb died after I killed the flies, and did a couple hull points to the fiend with haywire grenades. That was probably his biggest mistake, charging the flies in.

Eventually, at the end I was able to pull some typical DE shenanigans and hop on a bunch of objectives and pull out a minor win. The Spiders got quit lucky, dealing a Wound to Typhus on the last turn in combat (bringing him to one) and then he rolled a one to hit and killed himself...
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2015, 04:22

Just edited the original post with the list that I'm probably submitting tomorrow. Thought it couldn't hurt to see if anyone had any advise / criticisms.

Few notes:
-After flip-flopping for a long time, I decided against the Grot Bomb. As someone had pointed out, it's a bit too many points in the proverbial basket. I expect to see a lot of stuff that could counter it. The four Grot unit still works well. I almost didn't take the WWP, but it can really come in handy sometimes.

-Everything else isn't much different. I fit a Ravanger in the list. I thought about it for a long while and if I play smart with it, it may be worth taking one. The list is very low on blasters / lances as it is.

-I was debating on putting the TB in the Venom with Blasters, but I just felt like I might be able to use that Obj Secured Venom at some point. Usually the matches have a lot of obj games.

Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 07:14

I ended up not doing too terrible.

I won two games and had another game that as a very close loss, in most formats it would have been a draw. I ended up doing about as well as I had hoped.

I lost very hard in my first game against a Wolf Deathstar and in another game against Tau / Eldar (very prominent army list in the tourney).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Highlander List   1850 Highlander List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Highlander List
Page 1 of 1