THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Highlander Competition list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Malzahar
Slave
Malzahar

Highlander Competition list Empty
PostSubject: Highlander Competition list   Highlander Competition list I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27 2019, 12:12

Hey creatures of the Dark City

I have a modified Highlander competition next year, the event with a extra emphasis on fun. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but the major prizes go to sportsmanship, painting, and list variety.

This is the current list I am working and seeing it a good opportunity to try out the new obsessions.

I am undecided on the a few elements of the list, and just looking for tweaking advice.

The idea is the wyches will be running around tying units up in combat, and putting pressure on objectives. The Incubi and Kabalites rocking in the Tantalus as a kind of heavy support, and to keep the Incubi alive until the right moment. However depending on my opponents, I am able to deploy each unit in different transports, and combat drugs to give them a different role.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [24 PL, 440pts, 8CP] ++

Detachment Type
. *Custom Cult*: Precise Killers, Slashing Impact
+ HQ +
Drazhar Warlord
Succubus Archite Glaive, Serpentin (Combat Drug), Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Wyches: Hypex (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol
. 3x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails

Wyches Adrenalight (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol
. 3x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

Wyches: Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Splinter pistol
. 7x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers: Painbringer (Combat Drug)
. Arena Champion
. 4x Reaver

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [56 PL, 1,060pts] ++

Court of the Archon [1 PL, 15pts]
. Lhamean

Detachment Type
. *Custom Kabal*: Soul Bound, Toxin Crafters

+ HQ +

Archon: Splinter pistol, Venom Blade

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors
. 9x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi
. 4x Incubi
. Klaivex: Klaive

Mandrakes
. 4x Mandrake
. Nightfiend

+ Heavy Support +

Tantalus

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter : Twin splinter rifle
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

Venom Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

Venom Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Total: [80 PL, 1,500pts, 8CP] ++
Back to top Go down
Necryt
Slave
Necryt

PostSubject: Re: Highlander Competition list   Highlander Competition list I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2019, 17:34

I would consider switching the obsessions for the Tantalus. I recommend dark technomancer + obsessive collector. Flat 3 damage and wounding almost everything on 2+ is ... great.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Highlander Competition list   Highlander Competition list I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2019, 19:50

What's the rules for the highlander event? I know the style is one of each unit allowed, but it seems there are exceptions since you have 2 venoms and 3 wyches.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Highlander Competition list   Highlander Competition list I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 00:01

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
What's the rules for the highlander event? I know the style is one of each unit allowed, but it seems there are exceptions since you have 2 venoms and 3 wyches.

Normally all units are consider "unique", but some will have a +1 troop for each other troop, so if you took 1 Kabal unit and 1 Wych unit, you then may take 1 more Kabal unit, and if you took another troop type (like a wrack) now you may take +1 more of either Wych or Kabal, and b.c you also have a wych and a kabal you can also take +1 wrack. but this only applies to units that are troops without special rules saying they are.
If you are taking a ally you can only have +1 kabal if you ally has a troop first as well. If you are Harlequins and DE, both needs a troop before you can add a +1 non unique troop.

Also mix factions share the same unit type, a Space Wolves Land Raider counts for all Land Raiders.

All the ones that i know have are "Every unit is Unique, and unique units types fill up that unique slot, aka Eldrad takes up a Farseer slot".

As for transports, i have never seen any be more than 1 of each type as a unit for the army. But i have seen some that say only troops can have transports (dedicated ones, not Heavy slot ones like Falcons and Tantalus) and they are not unique then. So there are a couple ways to house rules the transports. Its common for unique transports at 1k, the otherway is common for 1500pts

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Malzahar
Slave
Malzahar

PostSubject: Re: Highlander Competition list   Highlander Competition list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05 2019, 04:52

It’s modified Highlander rules.

No limits on transport.

You can have duplicate troops but the limit is 10x the highest armour save. So 5+ wyches = 50 wyches
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Highlander Competition list   Highlander Competition list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05 2019, 05:51

That is a neat and odd rule, but not really practical. Marines can still have 30 Primaris then, Custodes can still have 20 as well (not that they have enough points too, just the idea). I guess it helps Nids and Orks take extra (60 of the same troop).

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highlander Competition list   Highlander Competition list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highlander Competition list
Page 1 of 1