THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles   Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 08:35

Hey,

I've been wanting to paint some boold effects on my DE and Iron Warrior vehicles ( a bit of gore and glyphs for the DE, tank names for the Iron Warriors)
I'm havin a bit of trouble with the writing especially - Exhibit A

[img]Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles 20150511[/img]

Does anyone have any helpful hints for writing in blood / have any models they've painted with blood writing/ know any good tutorials

ANy help appreciated

Cheers

Last edited by flakmonkey on Sat Oct 24 2015, 08:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture was sideways)
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles   Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 19:48

My best advice for Dark Eldar blood writing is to paint "tribal-style" runes in Blood For The Blood God with a very small brush. It'd be rather untypical for Dark Eldar to smear it around like Orks and Chaos cultists do.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles   Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2015, 02:31

Rokuro wrote:
My best advice for Dark Eldar blood writing is to paint "tribal-style" runes in Blood For The Blood God with a very small brush. It'd be rather untypical for Dark Eldar to smear it around like Orks and Chaos cultists do.

I like to think of it more as anointing their vehicles, even craftworld kin do something similar when putting on their war masks.

But i really wanted advice on what brush to use and how to make the blood look fresh etc
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles   Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2015, 09:35

flakmonkey wrote:
But i really wanted advice on what brush to use and how to make the blood look fresh etc

For Dark Eldar, I would use a layer brush or even the artificer brush. For Chaos, the small standard brush should do.
Blood For The Blood God is a color designed to look fresh even when it's dried. You can paint it on about twice as thick as normal colors to maximize the effect, but don't overdo it. You could easily end up making it look like red slime rather than blood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles   Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on painting Blood effects on vehicles
Page 1 of 1