THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1350 point pure DE tournament list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nexs
Wych
nexs

1350 point pure DE tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 01:45

Hi All,
Another tournament list here for thoughts and ideas. If you would indulge me.
I'm looking at one detachment and 6 or less community comp credits used.

I'm going for a combination of fluffy and effective (I have some fluff written, as my last tournament I lost points in the hobby section for no written fluff)

Archon - Agoniser, Shadowfield, Soul-trap, HWG, Parasite's Kiss

Grotesques - 2 Grots w/weapon & gauntlet, Aberration w/weapon & scissor hand, Raider w/nightshield & disintegrator
Incubi - 4 Incubi, Klaivex w/demiklaive, Raider w/nightshield & disintegrator
Trueborn - 5 Trueborn w/4 Blasters, Raider w/Dark Lance

Kabalite Warriors - 5 Warriors w/Blaster, Venom w/+1 Splinter cannon

Ravager - 3 Dark Lances, nightshield
Ravager - 3 Dark Lances, nightshield

Currently, this list sits in at exactly 1350 and uses only 2 comp credits. Do you have any thoughts, or can see any particularly exploitable shortcomings?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 02:39

Hi Nexs,

Repaying the critique Smile

I calculate your list to 4 CC credits. You have 14 lance weapons (it states lance special rule, not dark lance itself) which is 2 CC credits, and you have 6 cannons which is another 2 CC credits.
This is well within the bounds, so not a big deal, just a slight comp score decrease.

The list itself looks good (similar to what I took to CanCon last year and did OK with). Plenty of ranged AT, and enough resilient CC to get the job done. Will the Archon run with the Incubi or the Grots? I think running with the Grots will be more beneficial, as he boosts their low Ld (no fearless until late game without the Coven PfP) and he excels at killing what they don't, MEQ.

The only issue I can see is you have some points sunk into nightshields, which might be wasted against Tau/Eldar or anyone else with Ignores Cover (Tau might be the new flavour with the new stuff just released), but thats all meta specific at the time, and down to luck, so probably OK. I was tossing them up in my list as well, hard to tell until we start seeing some more lists posted from other armies.

I like the scissorhand on the Aberration too, helps out with MEQ/TEQ to some degree.

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 03:02

Oh yeah.. I have it still written down on my notepad beside me as 4.. Just typed the wrong number
D'oh! Will amend the OP.

Thanks for the looksee.
Archon will certainly be kicking it with the grots. And it fits with my fluff (he's a fan of hallucinogenic bombs and nightmarish ghouls to provide the tastiest of feasts).

You're right though, lots of nightshields. The only thing I could think of replacing them with is a dedicated venom for the Archon (so as not to give away points if "The Scouring" pops up).
Any other things that would be worth 60ish points?
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 03:15

I think you have the splinter fire covered, so another Venom may be overkill.

Maybe another Grot + Incubus? It screws with the Rampage though... Maybe some extra Trueborn ablative wounds? They are not too shabby in combat either if needed...

Nightshields may be OK, just keep an eye on the lists being posted on WAU. If there seems to be a lot of ignores cover, then think about hanging, but for now, I haven't seen it being too much of an issue.

We're only likely to get 1 Scouring if at all. It's 5 games this year apparently (I haven't read past the comp scoring bit in the player pack), so we might not see Scouring of Big Guns at all. Maybe just 3 objective based ones, and 2 kill points.

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 04:40

Cool as. I might jump over to WAU soonish and check it out.
I'd LOVE to run another grotesque, but I'd need someone to donate a Crypt Horror for me to convert (any takers?? haha)
I could add in a few more trueborn. Could Put a Dark Lance in (wouldn't add to comp because it's infantry mounted) as well, but I feel like it would be wasted points.
Maybe a dracon would be a better option? Most of the time, the Trueborn get shot off the table, so i think that would be a waste.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 04:46

Mandrakes...LOL... Just use em to infiltrate for linebreaker. Min is 3 isn't it? Hide and forget, make your opponent forget them too for that easy 1 BP each game.

It's a shame theres no comp concession in Community Comp Sad Something that gives you points back like Mandrakes...

If your trueborn usually get shot off the table, throw in a few extra bodies to protect the blasters then. Otherwise, see if you can swindle another Crypt Horror in the next 2 months.

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 04:56

I would really love to run a unit of mandrakes too... but you only get 3 elite slots. I love the mandrake models.

I'll see if i can scrounge up another horror. 4 was my ideal number anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1350 point pure DE tournament list   1350 point pure DE tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1350 point pure DE tournament list
Page 1 of 1