THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points  Empty
PostSubject: New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points    New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 19:44

Hey all. I've decided to expand my Eldar contingent I bring along as allies into its own army. I currently own 2 units of Reapers, a Fraser, a jet olé Fraser, an Autarch, some swooping Hawks, 3 jet bikes and a few dire avengers. I read through the codex and want to build towards something like this. Is this a reliable army. I want to know I'm building a good force before I spend the money. Also, how would you scale this down to have a 1000 point force?
P.S. I don't really want to play any wraith stuff. Just not that into them.

Eldrad Ulthran

3 Windriders
3 Windriders
9 Dire Avengers: Dire Avenger Exarch
• Wave Serpent: Twin-linked scatter laser; Shuriken cannon

6 Fire Dragons
• Wave Serpent: Twin-linked scatter laser; Shuriken cannon

6 Warp Spiders: Warp Spider Exarch

2 Fire Prisms
5 Dark Reapers
3 War Walkers: 3× Bright lance; 3× Scatter laser

1500 points exactly.

I considered swapping Eldrad for a Farseer and Autarch.

Id love to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points    New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 21:16

List looks fun. Not super competitive, but you could really have a lot of fun with your list. I would definitely take an aspect host with you reapers (take st8 missiles), warp spiders and the dragons with their serpent (which also gets the +1 BS). I would swap out eldrard for a jet seer if you are able, and spend the rest of the points scatter lasers for your bikes. Also war walkers don't really like having mixed weapons. I'd go either all scatter (my preferred) or all lances. The scatter walkers will destroy most transports very easily. Then you can use the prism tanks to nuke the dudes that spill out

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points    New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2015, 14:18

Cool. Thank you for your comments. Yes, I think Eldrad is probably better swapped for a more competitive army.
I thought you needed to take one of the Craftworld Warhosts in order to take the Aspect Formation?
If not then that's sweet.
Good point about the War Walker load out. Cheers. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points    New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2015, 17:01

You can take any of the formations. They just don't get the Warhost special rules (battle focus 6") etc.

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points    New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Eldar Army. First list 1500 points
Page 1 of 1