THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair Baron Models/Conversion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Corsair Baron Models/Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01 2015, 14:37

Following on somewhat from my other thread, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for models (and/or conversions) to represent a Corsair Baron?

(For those who don't know, Corsairs get a sort of mini-HQ a step below a Corsair Prince - WS5, BS5, 2 wounds, 2 attacks).

I guess my issue is that sergeant models don't feel quite 'fancy' enough (and would probably be confusing as I'll be using a lot of sergeants), but HQ models like Archons feel a bit too fancy for mini-HQs. tongue

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01 2015, 16:13

You could add a back banner or a trophy rack if he's a foot-slogger, or add an extra pair of wings, if he uses a jetpack. A fancy helmet plume and/or a cape could work wonders as well. Otherwise just paint him fancily? Wink
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01 2015, 19:09

I don't have any solution for jet-pack barons but -

I have a couple of these Skycutter crews I was planning on using to decorate my corsair venoms.  Looking at them again this week I thought I might instead make them into barons, Voidstrikes or a mix of both.  The elaborate scabbard/sword on the one could be either a power sword or void blade.
Large Image Hidden:
Sorry about the watermarked image, it's the best resolution I could find.

If I use them as barons, I actually thought about magnetizing the heads as funny as that sounds.  In this case I could swap them to a bubble head to indicate void armor, or a plastic farseer head (don't even know where I got those) to make them psykers.

I also bought a 3 pack of these a while ago and never found a use for them.  To be honest I was dissapointed with the featureless underside of the model.  I thought they might represent an HQ on a bike with a (shimmer, power, or shadow) field pretty well.
Large Image Hidden:
They also come with a dual laser weapon which can easily pass for a twin linked... anything, along with the scatterlaser.  This is good because I already used the scatters elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2015, 11:31

Those Skycutters look interesting.

Those jetbike-y things look... strange. Shocked

Are they from a game or something? They look like they should be defending Dr. Doom's underwater lair. Razz
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2015, 12:10

They look like something from Stingray (for older Denizens only).
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2015, 12:27

Count Adhemar wrote:
They look like something from Stingray (for older Denizens only).

Now I feel old. geek
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2015, 16:03

The Shredder wrote:

Those jetbike-y things look... strange. Shocked

Are they from a game or something? They look like they should be defending Dr. Doom's underwater lair. Razz
Spell crow doesn't have a game system that I know of, just 40k stuff.  Their older jetbikes were pretty awesome but I imagine GW threatened a lawsuit, and these are the response.

When I bought these, the entire kits were actually selling for less than the scatter laser bike bits (which I needed) on ebay.  Their weird version of which took a lot of conversion work, but actually has more detail then GW's version.

I was going to build the bikes themselves as soul drinker land speeders along with some venoms as land speeder storms (soul drinkers are renegades who regularly use xenos vehicles).  In the end though I decided my marines list would be exorcists chapter, and realized I have too many GW land speeders anyway even though I had never played marines before  scratch

Now I'm torn between trying to turn them into vypers/venoms or using them as void capable corsair jet bikes.  Most likely I'll just give up and use them as scenery or objective markers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Baron Models/Conversion   Corsair Baron Models/Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair Baron Models/Conversion
Page 1 of 1