THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wracks Alternative

Go down 
+4
stilgar27
The Shredder
Squidmaster
CptMetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Wracks Alternative  Empty
PostSubject: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2015, 12:12

Hello everybody,
I think about using the scalpel squadron for a null deployment army but I absolutely hate the wrack models. I want to give all my members of the Kabal a look similar to Warriors. Like my self made Haemonculus.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/29/51/28/flesh_10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/29/51/28/flesh_11.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/29/51/28/flesh_12.jpg

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2015, 12:21

Kabalite Warrior bodies do work reasonably well as the base for Wracks.

My Wracks are based on Warriors, using Wood Elf Dryad parts to creepify them:
Wracks Alternative  Wracks1_zps9c42c5a1
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2015, 12:33

Those are some nice Wracks, Squidmaster. Smile

@CptMetal. If you don't midn me asking, where's your haemonculuss head from?

Also, can I ask what you don't like about the Wrack models?
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2015, 14:22

I don't know how you feel about non-gw models but I bought a bunch of these last week when they were less than $1 a piece.  They're a little... inorganic? to be wracks but might fit your theme.  They also come pre-painted for whatever that is worth.  In general rackham plastics are not as high quality as GW models, as they're made out of a softer (rubber like) material and don't fit together as cleanly.

Still waiting on them to be delivered.

Wracks Alternative  SCEL03_HYBRIDALPHA_1

Edit: forgot to mention what they are, Confrontation: Creatures of Dirz - Hybrids Alpha
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2015, 19:27

Those would make nice wracks.

I have been dithering over wracks for ages, and was going though my boxes of bits...lots of Orks stuff.

So I am making super buffed wracks...Ill post pics when they are ready.

But that is obviously not what the OP wants
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 08:47

@The Shredder I used the skull helmets of dark elf executioner from fantasy. Sorry, Age of fantasy Space Marines versus Khorne.

I don't want them so organic and shaggy. I'm an Eldar damn not some barbarian! No seriously, I just don't like the looks of them. Doesn't look Eldar anymore. I've got a normal Haemonculus and self made grotesques and I'm okay with that because the grotesques are victims and the one Haemonculus is only one model but the wrack unit should optically find in. They look like a different race. Just as if I added Tau...
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 10:37

CptMetal wrote:
@The Shredder I used the skull helmets of dark elf executioner from fantasy.

Cheers.

CptMetal wrote:
Sorry, Age of fantasy Space Marines versus Khorne.

lol!

CptMetal wrote:
I don't want them so organic and shaggy. I'm an Eldar damn not some barbarian! No seriously, I just don't like the looks of them. Doesn't look Eldar anymore. I've got a normal Haemonculus and self made grotesques and I'm okay with that because the grotesques are victims and the one Haemonculus is only one model but the wrack unit should optically find in. They look like a different race. Just as if I added Tau...

Ah, I see.

What about using Warriors with Wrack arms and those Wytch mask heads - could that work?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 11:37

Not organic and shaggy?

Hmm.

In which case, bionics? Just take some Warriors, and maybe use Necrons parts to give them cybernetic augments/prothetics?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 11:41

That could actually work nicely with the wrack arms . Thanks. Are the arms of the wrack models separate?

Necrons arms and legs would be an idea too.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 12:21

CptMetal wrote:
That could actually work nicely with the wrack arms . Thanks. Are the arms of the wrack models separate?

They're separate, but the bit that connects to the model isn't flat like other DE arms. There's a slight dip - you can just make it out in the arm on the left of this picture:

Wracks Alternative  Dark_eldar_wracks_crew_arms_2_large

So, you might have to use a tiny bit of green stuff (or cut it a bit) to get it to join properly.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 13:39

The modeling shouldn't be a problem. But those aren't wrack arms of the Infantry models. I would buy that box. There are 5 dudes in it, right?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 14:02

CptMetal wrote:
The modeling shouldn't be a problem. But those aren't wrack arms of the Infantry models. I would buy that box. There are 5 dudes in it, right?

Those arms are in the Wrack box (and yeah, there are 5 guys). They're actually for a Wrack pilot, in case anyone wants to replace the guy in a venom. I used them because the pictures of the other arms were angled so that you couldn't see the dip.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2015, 14:07

Normal Wrack arms are fairly similar, but some are weirder:

Wracks Alternative  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkRckN4_UwsePaV4pdmpPq5MXovN_a0ZE-aGkK62wXp0XUX6uq
Wracks Alternative  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvNiUsGwfvqYgaq-5hqN7QNs44wYMZC4wkr45741g7QSfTVT0z
Wracks Alternative  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdFCissnfLKbfGnuEiii39fiEu0EzoO-GqOETRSEgn631tgqtg
Wracks Alternative  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSYgg-UnoDSN11Jp0sYLw1YCtBGNIYuFaTQ6JFZP2maX8jhFLi

I'm tempted to suggest a couple of alternatives, for example Necron Canoptek Spider arms:
Wracks Alternative  Necron_canoptek_spider_fabricator_claws_large
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2015, 11:25

I've kitbashed 5 wracks with 5 chaos cultist, obtaining 10 wracks on steroids (lesser small chin, in general more tought and pumped up...like on steroids).
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 04:05

What about basing them on Wyches and not Warriors? I did a headswap from Puppetswar:
Wracks Alternative  1028_6199
Wracks Alternative  DSC_0875

https://picasaweb.google.com/100715078548093442648/CovenWychesNurses?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Oh some headswaps on a warrior?
Wracks Alternative  1028_6206%2525E6%25259A%252588

The key in both of these models are Scourge torsoes for cheap (like dirt cheap on bits sites) and plentiful vials, like you'd expect to find plugged into the back of a wrack.

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 05:45

That warrior is amazing
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 09:59

Unfortnately, I can't look at that warrior's head without thinking Ant Man. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wracks Alternative    Wracks Alternative  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wracks Alternative
Page 1 of 1