THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 point list need help expanding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chakuu
Slave
Chakuu

500 point list need help expanding Empty
PostSubject: 500 point list need help expanding   500 point list need help expanding I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2015, 16:07

So I have a 500 point list that has done decently well just don't really know where to expand it to go into the 1k to 1.85k mark.

Currently the list is...

Archon w/ power sword
--Venom w/ extra cannon

5 warriors w/ 1 blaster
-- Venom w/ extra cannon

5 warriors w/ 1 blaster
-- Venom w/ extra cannon

5 Scourges w/ 4 haywire blasters

I have added a Ravager with three dark lances to bring the total up to 625 the issue I'm having is I don't really know where to go from here.

I'm thinking of adding a unit of blaster born in a venom as well as a second Ravager with dark lances but it feels like I'm too heavy in anti armor.

I'm also looking at adding some Incubi as well as Reavers.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 500 point list need help expanding   500 point list need help expanding I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2015, 19:06

How about making that second Ravager with dissies? Caltrops reavers are great. I would use a min squad of 6. Incubi are good to, in my opinion. But I don't use them in games lrss than 1500 pts. Also, at such low point games, an Archon with blaster in a dark Lance Raider with a 5 man blaster warrior squad is a good unit
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 500 point list need help expanding   500 point list need help expanding I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31 2015, 00:17

The Archon all by himself seems risky. He doesn't have the toys he'd need to threaten anything really.

By taking a Court of the Archon instead, you have better options.

- Keep it really cheap, with a single Lhamean, in which case its effectively just tax for your HQ slot and the venom. This same you 65 points, and you could argue the Lhamean is better in combat against some targets than even your Archon is.
- 3 Medusae in the venom will do wonders against Meq, and they'd be only 5 points more than your archon.
- Slyth are pretty tough, and fare well in close range. They're the same price as Medusae iirc.

You can mix up the comp too - for example, 3 Slyth, one Medusae and one Lhamean does a lot of things to an opponent. You have majority toughness 5, with FnP from the get-go, a fair bit of dakka, a cheap Lhamean to tank Challenges (and possibly kill the enemy character if you're lucky with her).

Don't splash out for the models unless you really want them - you can convert most of these units from regular Kabalite/Wych frames and a little greenstuff.

As for Incubi, the models are gorgeous, and the unit itself can be fantastic. It would be tough justifying them in games lower than about 1200 points, however. If you do wish to include them, a simple squad of 5 with a Klaivex is good at hunting down squads of well-armoured infantry. Just avoid assaulting through cover like the plague.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Chakuu
Slave
Chakuu

PostSubject: Re: 500 point list need help expanding   500 point list need help expanding I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31 2015, 13:45

Thanks for the comments.

I haven't really looked into the court yet but it will probably be my go to HQ choice when I get to the 1.5K range as 75 points for a Venom with extra cannon feels far too good to pass up.

I actually added the wytch shardstorm box set to my army with a few Eldar allies and I'm sitting at 1.2K currently.

Current List.

Dark Eldar are in a CAD while the Eldar are an Allied Detachment
HQ
Archon w/ Power sword
-- Venom w/ extra cannon

Troops
2x 5 Warriors w/ Blaster
-- Venom w/ extra cannon

9 wytchs w/ shardnet and impaler
- Sgt with Aganiser and haywire grenades
-- Raider with Nightshields and Aether Sails

Fast Attack
5 Scourges, 4 w/ haywire blasters

6 Reavers w/ 2 cluster caltrops

Venom w/ Extra Cannon

Heavy Support
Ravenger w/ 3 dark lances

Eldar Allied Detachment
HQ
Autach w/ banshee mask and the soul blazing powersword (can't remember its name and don't have the books near me)
-- Joins the unit of wytchs

Troops
5 Dire Avengers
-- They use the FA Venom as a transport

The list works out to be 1196 points and the wytch sgt has the grenades cause I had 9 points left over.

The list worked decent, played a friend of mine who plays Chaos Marines and I ended up shooting him off the board by turn 4.

I want to drop the wytchs as they just felt blah. Next step is probably to get some blaster born in a venom and convert one of the female models from the left over warriors into a Lhamean to replace the Archon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500 point list need help expanding   500 point list need help expanding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 point list need help expanding
Page 1 of 1