THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lady Homunculi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carcearion
Slave
Carcearion

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: Lady Homunculi   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2016, 07:10

Hello! I have jumped back into the Dark City after having disappeared for the better part of a year, was a struggling new Dark Eldar player but the people here kept my spirits up and I'm happy to say after a infuriating slew of loses I have finally become a unholy terror with my Cabal of The Unrighteous thanks to the advice and encouragement I got here. Now that I'm committed to the dark kin, I decided to finally start working on some custom models. After years and years of hyper masculine chaos space marines (and chaos daemons) I wanted my Dark Eldar to be something really different, and a big hit off on that was wanting to have some custom female Dark Eldar HQ models.  

Once again taking advice I found here I dipped into the reaper line and I think I managed to come out the other side with a pair of lady homunculi I'm quite proud of and I wanted to show them off here. These are my first Dark Eldar conversions and I'd love to hear any advice or ideas people have for them.

Lady Homunculi 1-211

Lady Homunculi 1-310 Lady Homunculi 1-410 Lady Homunculi 1-511

Lady Homunculi 2-410

Lady Homunculi 2-110 Lady Homunculi 2-210 Lady Homunculi 2-310
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Homunculi   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2016, 13:05

the question still stands - can they have babbies
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Homunculi   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2016, 14:22

I like the first one but the second looks like it's from a 3D printer and whilst it's a lovely conversion the base model seems to lack quite a bit of detail.
Back to top Go down
Carcearion
Slave
Carcearion

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Homunculi   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2016, 16:40

Yeah I’m also a little concerned about the second model; it’s from the Reaper Bones new plastic line. It doesn’t photograph well and it is soft, but there is quite a bit of detail on the model. I’m just worried it will disappear with a few layers of paint.

If it doesn’t pan out I can always get the original metal model (shown here: https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dark%20elf%20queen/sku-down/03361#detail/IG_249_1 ) and just transfer the bits over from one to the other. But I’m keeping my hopes up that it will have the same detail as the metal one above once the guide coat goes on.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Homunculi   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2016, 18:03

I'd agree with the above points. Both minis look great, but I think the quality of the original mini for the second isn't doing your skills justice.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Homunculi   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2016, 19:59

Count Adhemar wrote:
I like the first one but the second looks like it's from a 3D printer and whilst it's a lovely conversion the base model seems to lack quite a bit of detail.

It does seem odd. I thought it was maybe the camera but I suppose I was wrong
Back to top Go down
Carcearion
Slave
Carcearion

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: A Little Progress!   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 22:49

Hey everyone, finally getting somewhere painting these two. I got my base / guide coat of black and white on the first model.

unfortunately partial reassembly of the second one after an accident still has me holding my breath that the details will come out ~ when I do my base / guide coat on her hopefully she will no longer be a big blob of white.

Lady Homunculi 310
Back to top Go down
Carcearion
Slave
Carcearion

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: The Big Question   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17 2016, 01:01

Alright so having squared away a little more time for painting then i thought i would get today i got my base and guide coat on the second Humonculi. I was concerned from the get go that the model didn't have enough detail to really pull it off and now that i got my guide coat down I find my self still on the fence. The close fitting chest garment, her right hand, and the whole bottom half of her face is frankly a little... eh... just blotish. The rest of her however is great, the dress looks good, good eyes, brow and hair. also the leg armor plates and boots are good. I want to say with some extra free hand work (and maybe a veil) she could be a great mini still.

I'd love to hear from any one with some advice, ideas, or especially anyone who is experienced working with reaper miniatures (or other lines) that might have some tips for me.

Lol if anyone thinks this mini might just be a lost cause feel free to put it out there, I'm still a little worried about putting a ton of time into painting it all the way up just for a big pile of cool bits attached to a blob of meh.

Lady Homunculi B110

Lady Homunculi B210 Lady Homunculi B310
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lady Homunculi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Homunculi   Lady Homunculi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Homunculi
Page 1 of 1