THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pact of Iron

Go down 
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Pact of Iron Empty
PostSubject: Pact of Iron   Pact of Iron I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 05:22

I envision the Pact of Iron as a very awkward, frustrating, temperamental and deadly group.
2 poor Kabals from Null City, 2 displaced Succubi, a down-on-its-luck Iron Warrior Warband and a shadowy Inquisitor manipulating them all.
Each group can call on limited allies, such as Coven units, Corsair and Craftworld relations, Renegade and Heretic troops.

I love the idea of all these people in a room trying to agree to something. It's hilarious.  

Basically all that means is everything can share a similar scheme, and looks somewhat cohesive despite their many and varied origins.

So I've been doin (what I consider to be) alot of painting. New stuff, old stuff I ever got around to painting and more and more re-painting old stuff to better match with my love of metal.

I thought I might as well share it.

PS I'll be adding pics to all the following posts.

Last edited by flakmonkey on Wed Jan 20 2016, 05:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Pact of Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pact of Iron   Pact of Iron I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 05:25

So here are the leaders of the Pact of Iron -

So we have an Archon, wearing Armour of Misery, 2 Succubi and 2 Haemonculi.
Both Archon and Succubus have AoM, adn the Chain Glaive is my take on an Archite Glaive. The Haemons are both crying out for a repaint.
Dark Eldar and Coven:

autarch, and 2 Phoenix Lords. The Autarch, as the astute amongst you no doubt noticed, is missing arms. She has been magnetised, just waiting for inspiration to strike. And obviously Jain Zar doesn't like to play with Chaos
Craftworld:

Lord and Sorceror. These guys are my current painting project.
Iron Warriors:

Last edited by flakmonkey on Wed Jan 20 2016, 05:50; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Pact of Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pact of Iron   Pact of Iron I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 05:29

Forces of the Kabals

Again, alot of this stuff started out as red. So alot of repainting has gone on, especially of the vehicles.

I just liked the giant snake more than a skinny girl. He needs a bit of a touch up, poison and gems mainly
Sslyth:

So here are all my Venoms. I moved the cannons around on 2 of them, 1. Because its dull if there all the same config and 2. I broke the cannons off.
Venoms:

Just standard Raiders. Need some work done on the center rails, may change the sails to yellow. Weapon mounts, sails, and whole center console is magnitzed.
Raiders:

Don't really like my Ravagers. They seem to do pretty poorly alot of the time. Although the lance one is spectacularly lucky every once in a awhile. One game he took out a Land Raider and a Storm Raven, another blew up a Hel-turkey with a lucky pair of 6's. Thats why he gets a figurehead
Ravagers:

Just finished all crew members and magnetizing of all missiles. All the cannons were done ages ago.
Flyers:

Last edited by flakmonkey on Wed Jan 20 2016, 06:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Pact of Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pact of Iron   Pact of Iron I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 05:29

Coven Units

So, my old Coven stuff started out with a simple red scheme. But why dry brush red when you can dry brush metal?

All the Taloi Arms are magnetized, should do the tails too. Eventually. The new grot squad also has magnetized arms.

Old Grot Squad:

New Grot Squad:

Old Taloi:

New Taloi:

Last edited by flakmonkey on Wed Jan 20 2016, 06:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Pact of Iron Empty

Craftworld Cousins

So these guys started out purple I think. But I think they look much better now.

Ahh, the ubiquitous Wraithknight. I gave him a few "evil" touches, blades, trophies (of which my absolute favourite is the Imp Knight face on his leg. Still annoys the guy who lost)

Wraithknight:

Dire Avengers. These guys are pretty cool, I only use them in squads of 5, and most of the time i'm too tight to pay for the Exrch. Hence the 6 dudes

Dire Avengers:

Last edited by flakmonkey on Wed Jan 20 2016, 06:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Pact of Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pact of Iron   Pact of Iron I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 05:30

Corsairs
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Pact of Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pact of Iron   Pact of Iron I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 05:30

Iron Warriors, alongside Renegades and Heretics

So still a fair bit of work to be done. The lascannons need to be finished off, several turretring things need to be found and painted.
The vindi is a 30k laser destroyer varient, with a reversible gun. when you flip it, theres a demolisher cannon.
Chaos Vehicles:

Renegades and Heretics

So I'm a bit of an Armour nut. I have lots of painted and half painted and badly painted tanks. And almost no infantry.

So there is alot goin on. All the turrets are magnetized. All the guns are magnetized and are interchangeable(except for the gold FWQ turrets and 2 of the hull mounted chimera guns)
I'm rather proud of the plasma. 1st time I ever tried something like it.
Armour:

Some bigger tanks. Annnnnnd a giant Scorpion that needs some love. And paint.
Super Heavies:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pact of Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pact of Iron   Pact of Iron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pact of Iron
Page 1 of 1