THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact   1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18 2016, 04:08

Representing the joint interests of both the Dark Eldar and Nurgle in keeping Isha safe from Slaanesh forces. Dark Eldar will do anything to spit in the face of Slaanesh, and for their part, the Nurgle forces obey the call of their patron to keep safe his favourite plaything.

Dark Eldar CAD 1000pts

220 - Court of the Archon with 4 Sslyth, 2 Medusae, Raider with Night Shield.

105 - Kabalite Warriors with Venom with Splinter Cannons x2
105 - Kabalite Warriors with Venom with Splinter Cannons x2

65 - Venom with Splinter Cannons x2
120 - Scourges with Haywire Blasters x4
150 - Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon

110 - Ravager with Disintegrators x3
125 - Ravager with Dark Lances x3

Chaos Space Marine CAD 849pts

120 - Chaos Sorcerer with Bike, Mastery Level 2, Spell Familiar

63 - Chaos Cultists with Autoguns x8, Flamer x1
63 - Chaos Cultists with Autoguns x8, Flamer x1

50 - Chaos Rhino with Combi-Flamer, Dirge Caster
50 - Chaos Rhino with Combi-Flamer, Dirge Caster
108 - Chaos Spawn x3 with Mark of Nurgle x3

135 - Chaos Maulerfiend with Lasher Tendrils
135 - Chaos Maulerfiend with Lasher Tendrils
125 - Chaos Maulerfiend without Lasher Tendrils

So, why Chaos?

Because screw Craftworld Eldar...

They provide us with Flamers, Dirge Casters, Lasher Tendrils, a measure of durability and some psychic presence. And more spikes  Twisted Evil

As for the Dark Eldar part of the list, I'm tossing up between keeping the Court of the Archon or having a single unit of Grotesques. Grotesques would be pretty awesome on the charge with Dirge Casters around, but I can't really get an HQ with them or the Grotesquerie itself so I'm not sure it's worth taking them instead of the Court.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact   1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18 2016, 18:58

Well, I just realized that chaos spawns aren't Daemons, and so have no save at all outside of melee. That's interesting.

So, do you -reeeeaaallly- want it to stay CSM and DE? Like, for non-competitive reasons? Because I can think of several options that give you similar or better forces allying in other ways, or even staying solo DE. Of the units you listed in the CSM detachment, only the sorcerer has anything that can't be replaced by DE alone.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact   1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19 2016, 02:13

Well, Maulerfiends are insane in cc, while at the same time being faster and cheaper than anything we have that tries to fulfill the same role. As for Spawn, they're simply fast, robust, bullet catchers that don't die to anything except force weaponry. They're also beasts so can hug cover on the way.

Nothing in the Chaos part of the list requires help to do it's job, and I guess that's why I like including them. Sick of having to buy a Character and Raider to babysit Grotesques...

I realise now that Chaos can't buy fast attack Rhinos like the newer style codexes anyway, so I'll have to either rock some power armoured infantry to unlock the Rhinos. Probably 5 Plague Marines with 2 flamers apiece.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact   1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19 2016, 02:51

I do see your point with the maulerfiends. Their speed is nice.

But an ichor injector Talos is actually superior to the maulerfiend in combat in almost every situation, except against higher AV vehicles, and low WS multi-wound non-eternal warriors with a toughness under 5, where the maulerfiend's WS3 isn't a hinderance.

That said, I'm not saying the Talos is an all-around better pick. The speed of the maulerfiend is certainly worth a pickup. If they were DE units I'd definitely take them. I just don't know that I'd like to run CSM alongside DE to do so. Then again, don't mind me, I'm partial to taking crafworld, corsair, and harley allies. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact   1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Semi-Competitive - Isha's pact
Page 1 of 1