THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Iron Within

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Iron Within Empty
PostSubject: Iron Within   Iron Within I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01 2023, 14:23

New WH+ Animation 'Iron Within' dropped today. The plot involves a planet being raided by DE sending out a distress signal to space marines, and getting Iron Warriors. The first 60 secs are on WC and features some reavers.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/01/things-go-from-bad-to-much-much-worse-in-the-new-warhammer-animation-iron-within/
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Iron Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Within   Iron Within I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01 2023, 17:59

It's nice to see us in an animation like this ... I really hope it makes us look as threatening as the lore says we are and not just another space marine punching bag
Back to top Go down
Vorl-Xoelanth
Hellion
Vorl-Xoelanth

Iron Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Within   Iron Within I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01 2023, 20:57

Archon_91 wrote:
It's nice to see us in an animation like this ... I really hope it makes us look as threatening as the lore says we are and not just another space marine punching bag

I dont have Warhammer +, but apparently the DE do moderately well against the Imperial PDF but become a total punching bag to Iron Warriors. I get this feeling that DE will become the go-to npc faction they throw in to die like jobbers and show off how cool space marines are. The film features an archon, a mandrake and a talos pain engine in action though which still sounds cool if only for the novelty of seeing these units actually portrayed.

'Pain is power, and power is everything. We therefore seek every opportunity to inflict pain, and we do not allow limits to be imposed upon our imagination. The Flesh, the Mind, the Soul - all can be made to feel torments eternal. And when all three scream in agony within a single being, the path to immortality lies open before us. So it has been since the beginning, and so it will continue until we extinguish the stars and the galaxy lies dark and fallow.' - Mantra of the Kabal of the Dying Sun
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Iron Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Within   Iron Within I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2023, 08:43

Is it just me, or have GW now confirmed that Splinter Rifles sound like Star Wars blasters when they fire? Razz

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Iron Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Within   Iron Within I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2023, 16:44

Squidmaster wrote:
Is it just me, or have GW now confirmed that Splinter Rifles sound like Star Wars blasters when they fire? Razz

Oh ... oh no ... THE DRUHKARI ARE IMPERIAL STORM TROOPERS ... scary off screen and in every story about them ... but on screen, completely and utterly incompetent
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Iron Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Within   Iron Within I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2023, 10:35

Just watched the trailer. Aren't Dark Eldar meant to be, you know, fast?

The Jetbikes seem to meander around at a speed that would shame an unpowered bicycle. How is it that Star Wars managed this 50 years ago with live action, but a modern animation can't give any sense of blistering speed?

Meanwhile, despite this being animation, the Kabalites stumble awkwardly around like B-movie extras in badly-made costumes.

The animation is very bland, though, so at least it gets that part of our codex right.

Sponsored content

Iron Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Within   Iron Within I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Within
Page 1 of 1