THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition Empty
PostSubject: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 06:04

Going to the LVO again this year and I will be playing a list quite a bit different from my usual play style which is null deploy Dark Eldar/Eldar.

I have been having a hard time bubbling up enough of the Void Shield Generator with expendable bodies, but was having a hard time going about it due to the expensive nature of Eldar units.
So I started thinking outside of the xenos box and started looking to the imperium for answers.  My buddy Rupert (Ibushi) said inquisition might be a good place to look. He  was right. I can get lots of cheap expendable bodies and a bunch of servo skulls for cheap.
I also get 2 10point psychers which give me more Warp charges and an occasionally useful 36" st3 large blast

Corsairs are usually Sky Burners, but I decided against it as I tend to start most of my army on the board and I want to be able to be aggressive with prince and not have to risk warlord all the time. I also don't have to waste points on a Baron and so can get more Objective secure bikes instead

Here is the list that I will likely be taking to LVO this year.

Craftworld Eldar CAD

Farseer w/ Jetbike

2x3 Scatterbikes

3 Windriders w/ nothing

8 Warp Spiders /incld Exarch

2x1 Hornets w/ pulse lasers

Eldar Warp Hunter

Skathach Wraithknight w/ Inferno lances, scatter laser.

Corsair CAD

Prince w/ bike, Void sabre, shadow field, mask of secretes. WARLORD

3 Cloud Dancers w/ 3 Splinter Cannons.

3 Cloud Dancers.

Corsair Warp Hunter

INQUISITION DETACHMENT

Inquisitor w/ 3 Servo skulls

7 henchmen w/ 1 melta bomb
1 Psycher

7 henchmen
1 Psycher

Void Shield Generator x3 shields.

EDIT: Took the Prince as warlord in a CAD instead of an allied detachment.

Last edited by colinsherlow on Tue Feb 09 2016, 21:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 13:34

You can't have an allied corsair detachment, because each corsair detachment requires one prince, and if your army includes a prince, he has to be the Warlord. You have two troops in the corsair detachment anyway, so you might as well make them a CAD.

And what's about two st3 large blasts from the psykers? Are you referring to the old power they no longer have?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 19:22

I have the inquisition download and it says that they have this power.
Has something been changed in the inquisition book?...
If they get something else I would be very keen on that.

As for Corsairs being an allied detachment. I believe that this is ok, but simply makes it not possible for the prince to be the warlord since an allied model can never be warlord.  There are other characters out there like this as well and I believe taking them in an allied detachments overides them having to be warlord. Or something of that sort?
I will look more into this
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 20:35

INQ: Yes, They have other powers now, but don't worry, you can log in on your Black Library account and download the latest, updated, version (it was updated like a month or 2 after 7th ed came), free of charge. (They did same with Codex: Adepta Sororitas).

Corsair; I'm not sure, but I read it as Having to be a warlord makes it impossible to take them in AD, but I might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 20:48

One thing to note is that in the corsair book it says that corsairs can be taken as allies.

What changed about the psychers?
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 01:35

If Corsairs are your primary detachment he has to be your warlord. If they aren't your primary its fine.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 15:34

colinsherlow wrote:

As for Corsairs being an allied detachment. I believe that this is ok, but simply makes it not possible for the prince to be the warlord since an allied model can never be warlord.  There are other characters out there like this as well and I believe taking them in an allied detachments overides them having to be warlord. Or something of that sort?
I will look more into this

I'd have thought it would be the other way round - the requirement for the Corsair Prince to be your warlord would prevent you from taking him in an allies detachment (unless you also have another corsair prince who'll be the warlord instead).

In the same way that, going by the consensus on dakkadakka, you can't make a list where a Baron cannot legally join any squad.

Regardless, I'll ask this on one of the rules-debate sections and see if there's any known precedent for this.

Darkgreen Pirate wrote:
If Corsairs are your primary detachment he has to be your warlord. If they aren't your primary its fine.

It doesn't work like that. Your Warlord is what determines your primary detachment.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 17:09

The corsair book says that corsairs can be taken as an allied detachment. I don't see where the confusion is there. The book doesn't say you can take a corsair allied detachment only if you already have a corsair prince as your warlord in another detachment.

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 17:45

colinsherlow wrote:
The corsair book says that corsairs can be taken as an allied detachment.

Because the book also says that you must take a corsair prince and he must be your warlord. If you take an allies detachment then you're intentionally breaking that rule as he won't be your warlord.

Out of interest, does the LVO enforce rules like tournaments do, or is it left up to players to settle any rules disputes?
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 23:29

Corsairs: The book says that Eldar Corsairs can be taken only as CAD, AD and Corsair Fleet Raiding Company. It also say that a Prince in your army must always be your warlord. If there are multiple detachments with a prince each, they threat each other as desperate allies. Thus, it's probably an error on FWs behalf, and I doubt it can be solved by RAW.

I personally interpret it as "must always" trumping "can be taken as".

INQ: Just what Psy.Powers they have access to. Just go in on "My page" on the Black Library site, and then "My Purchases/My Downloads" and download the updated version (It won't cost you extra). I don't know how iStore does if you bought it there, but if you're using an .epub and have Adobe Digital Editions, you need to remove it from its library first, and then open the newly downloaded .epub-file, or else it will only show the old version of the file.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 04:14

Yeah I got the new version last night. Thanks

Stoked about the psycher changes. Now it is just deciding which table to roll in.  Telepathy is probably the best choice. Psych scream is always solid even with only bs3. Terrify is good as well.

Telekinesis might be good as the premaris is a beam that doesn't rely on bs3 to do anything
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 11:56

Yeah, Shriek is great with your princes mask. And if you shave of 18 pts somewhere, (I.E: Henchmen), you can add a third Henchmen squad consisting of 2 mooks and a psyker for an extra shriek.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08 2016, 21:35

I will be writing little blurb's about my battles at LVO over the next couple of days.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the my list. It performed wonderfully. I played some very nasty armies with really good generals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition   Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs/Eldar/Inquisition
Page 1 of 1