THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?

Go down 
+2
Xm0shcryptX
mrmagoo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 17:05

Hello,  Dark Artisans of the deep.  The Kabal of the Dead Worlds is requesting your assistance with a Planned Raid on Saturday January 30.  Any assistants would be appreciated.

Going to a tourney this weekend with a rather unusual setup.  Really the rules are Quite simple. 1500 Points, 1 CAD nothing else, No Formations, No Detachments w\multiple formations.  No Lords of War,  No Forgeworld, No Allies.  1 CAD is all you get.  

So what are your initial thoughts on the list?  I have every Dark Eldar Model possible except Court of the Archon, Hellions, and Mandrakes.  Of Course I have been known to use Wyches as Lhamaean.  Smile  List of everything I have at the very bottom for you to switch out.

Dark Eldar - 1500 Points

HQ
Lhameans * Venom w\Dual Splinter Cannons

Elites
Nothing

Troops
Warriors = 4x Warriors w\Splinter Rifles * 1x Warrior w\Blaster * Venom w\Dual Splinter Cannons
Warriors = 4x Warriors w\Splinter Rifles * 1x Warrior w\Blaster * Venom w\Dual Splinter Cannons

Fast Attack
RazorWing Jet Fighter * 2x Dark Lances * Splinter Cannon * Standard Missles
Reavers =  4x Reavers w\Splinter Rifles * 2x Reavers w\w\Splinter Rifles and Cluster Caltrops
Reavers =  4x Reavers w\Splinter Rifles * 2x Reavers w\w\Splinter Rifles and Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support
Ravager w\3x Lances (Night Shields)

Available
1 Succubus
1 Archon
3 Haemunculs
9 Venoms
7 Raiders
15 Wracks (3x Acolytes w\Liquifier, 3x Liguifier)
30 Warriors (6x w\Blasters)
15 Wyches
5 Trueborn (4x w\Blasters)
5 Trueborn (4x w\Shredders)
18 Reaver Jet Bikes (6 w\Caltrops)
1 Razorwing
1 Void Raven Bomber
5 Scourge (4x w\Haywire Blasters)
5 Talos
1 Cronos
8 Grotesques
10 Incubi
5 Kymera
4 Razor wing Flocks
2 Clawed Fiends
2 Ravager w\3x Lances
1 Ravager w\3x Disintegrators

Any thoughts?

Last edited by mrmagoo on Thu Jan 28 2016, 22:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 20:53

replace reavers with another 3 dark lance ravager. And what purpose do you have with armor of misery in this?
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 22:10

what is the point of the succubus? solo melee???

Swap out for a blaster archon with WWP and throw in with the trueborn for an extra S8 ap2 shot.

and as above...definitely need 1 more DL ravager all those poison shots from the venoms will mean nothing if you can not get the enemy out of their transports.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 22:43

Ok I actually agree with you both. However I changed it up quite a bit with what you said in mind.

Please check it out again.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 22:48

Looking better now,
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 23:02

Except night shields are probably not the best use of points on the ravagers
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 00:24

I love the armour of misery. I have come to love it and it has saved my ass or made it easy to break opponents at crucial times.

Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 00:50

Yea but there was only 45 Points left over and I wasnt really sure what to do with them. Plus nightshield are great if you can plant them in ruins and get a 3+ save or even in woods then you get a 4+ if you jink or not.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 02:37

mrmagoo wrote:

Going to a tourney this weekend with a rather unusual setup.  Really the rules are Quite simple. 1500 Points, 1 CAD nothing else, No Formations, No Detachments w\multiple formations.  No Lords of War,  No Forgeworld, No Allies.  1 CAD is all you get.

I wish I could find tourneys like this. The closest we get down here is Community Comp.

Mind you, I think you'll find Tau and Eldar would still excel with these restrictions, seeing as their units are all so good or have good synergy with one another.

Let us know how you go!
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 15:37

Yes, in My Area, St. Louis Mo. We have at least 2 tournaments a month at different stores. Granted most tourneys we only get 8-10 people and they are the same group but we do have 30ish man tourneys about every 2-3 months. Usually ITC Events.

I will take notes and post up each game afterwards. Win or Lose.

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 19:12

Drop nightshields off the ravagers, upgrade a reaver to an arena champion, make him a warlord, give him an agoniser (or add another jetbike), toss in a special weapon on the other bikes and there you go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 19:20

Actually SKULNBONZ, I like that idea. Now I can gain a warlord trait at the very least where before I wouldn't have gotten one.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 20:14

Practice Game against NIDS.....

I did run a test run last night on this list, Against NIDS. My Son who is also going to the Tourney.

Tyranid List
Flyrant, 2 TWin Linked Devourers, Electroshock Grubs
Flyrant, 2 TWin Linked Devourers, Electroshock Grubs
Harpy
Exocrine
Venom Thrope
3 Zonenthrope
Tyrannocyte (Drop Pod)
Tyrannofex (Dual Flamers)-(in Drop Pod)
3 Muclid Spore Cluters
Mawloc

Dawn of War/Purge the Alien - Nightfight Turn 1
He deployed first and deployed everything behind a building out of line of sight to most of my stuff.

I deployed everything except the bikes on the back table edge.    Bikes are on the line.

Steal the Inititive - 5  Tyranids First.

Tyranids Turn 1
Movement - Exocrine, Venom Thrope, Zonenthropes climbs on to the top of the building.  Flyrants and Harpies take off moving to the center of the board.  
Pyschics - Paroxysm on Ravager, Dominion on Warlord, Warp Blast on bikes.  1 Bike dead.
Shooting - Unfortunatly deploying on the far back edge he didnt have much to shoot at.  So He fired everything at bikes.  Killed 2 in 1 squad and 1 in another.  Bike are now 3 and 5
Assault - Nothing.

Tyranids - 0
Dark Eldar - 0

Dark Eldar Turn 1
Movement - Not much moving here   Everything moved up 6 to get shots out, was mainly wanting to concentrate on fliers.  Bikes move to the center to HOPE for a grounding.  
Pyschics- LOL Right.  Smile
Shooting - Didnt go very well. Long story short, Flyrant 1 (warlord down to 1 Wound), Harpy looses 1 wound.
Assault - Nothing

Tyranids - 0
Dark Eldar - 0

Tyranids Turn 2
Reserves - Mawloc and 1 Muclid Spore Comes on. Mawloc hits bikes but scatters and only kills 1.
Movement - Fliers Scatter around
Pyschics - Numerous Warp Blasts casted at Ravagers. Jinked - w\ 1 Hull point to 1.
Shooting - 2 Venoms die, 1 to each Flyrant

Tyranids - 3 (first blood and 2 Venoms)
Dark Eldar - 0

Dark Eldar Turn 2
Reserves - Razorwing comes on, aiming at both Flyrants.
Movement - Everything Shuffles around, 3 Man bike Squad jumps on top of building to charge exocrine, other bikes move to center hoping for a grounding flyrant.
Shooting - Razorwing finishes off Wounded Flyrant, 2 Wounds put on exocrine, 1 Wound on Un hurt Flyrant, Mawloc dead. (FLYRANT comes crashing down)
Assault - 5 Man squad assault the Flyrant, 3 Man squad assault the exocrine.  Flyrant dead from Hammer of wraths, Exocrine down to 1 Wound and one biker dead.(exocrine rolled badly.)

Tyranids - 3
Dark Eldar - 3 (Flyrant, Mawloc, Warlord)

Tyranids turn 3
Reserves - Everything else comes on Comes down center but scatters widely right next to Ravager.
Movement - Muclid SPore moves close to venom, Tyrannofex moves out of Drop pod to bikes,
Pyschics - Warp Blast on bikes in center - Jinked away.
Shooting - Dual flamers from Tyrannofex kills all bikes, Harpy fires missles at Razorwing causing 2 HPs.  I didnt jink thinking I could take 2. Glances but he rolled a pen, bummer Shaken. Tyranocite unfortunatly has to fire everything at ravager(closest target) does nothing.
Assault - Exocrine Kills another Biker in HTH, Bikes do nothing (Last bike Hits and runs), Muclid Spore Charges venom and gets a Pen, then rolls a 6.  (5 on Invulnerable save)

Tyranids - 4 (Bikes)
Dark Eldar - 3

Dark Eldar Turn 3
Movement - Razorwing moves off 36 to run from harpy, Venoms move around to get shots on Harpy/Tyrannofex.   They were right next to each other.  last bike prepares to Charge the Venomthrope.
Shooting - Long story short, Exocrine - dead, Harpy - Dead.  Tyranocite - 1 Wound left
Assaults - Biker charges venomthrope and rolls a 6 for CLuster Caltrops - Dead VenomThrope
Tyranids - 4
Dark Eldar - 6 (Exocrine, Harpy, VenomThrope)

At this point the Tyranids Surrendered. Only had 5 Models left and most were hurting.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2016, 20:50

I did up reports for all three games. They are in the reports section here if you are interested.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t13480-hel-open-dark-eldar-go-2-1#154154
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?   1500 Tourney for this Weekend.  Thoughts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Tourney for this Weekend. Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1