THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
caineblackknife
Slave
caineblackknife

2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 15:51

Doing a tourney this weekend as a primer for a GT and wondering if anyone would mind throwing out some advice. This is what I want to run so far:

Aeldari - Battalion - Ynnari

HQ --
Yvraine - Ancestors/Word
The Yncarne - Gaze/Word

Troops --

Kab Warriors x5 - 1 with Blaster
Kab Warriors x5 - 1 with Blaster
Kab Warriors x5
Kab Warriors x5
Kab Warriors x5
Kab Warriors x5

Fast Attack --

Scourges x5 - 4 Dark Lances

Flyers --
Razorwing jetfighter - Dissie Cannons Twin Spliter
Voidraven Bomber- Dark Scythes - w/ Missles

Dedicated Transports --

Venom - Stock (1 - 5 man kab squad to objective hunt/Horde kill with poison)
Venom - Stock (1 - 5 man kab squad to objective hunt/Horde kill with poison)

Aeldari - Spearhead - Ynnari

HQ -
Farseer - Doom / Fortune

Heavy Support
Ravager - 3x Dark Lance - w/ shock prow
Ravager - 3x Dark Lance - w/ shock prow
Ravager - 3x Dissie Cannons

Works out to 2000 exactly

My thought is Scrouges jump in my first turn, doom something with Farsser/Smite, Ancestors grace scourges then soulburst them with Yvraine, 4 DL shots on doomed unit, then shooting do it again, 8 DL's every turn they ignore my scourges.

Farseer to Doom / Smite (Also has fortune but thats not very useful with no CW units).

Yncarne as a distraction carny with the warriors/venoms as screen, bring her in a little later and let her wreck face behind the lines.

-------
I am debating on bringing more warriors for screen/horde killing with rifles, I feel like Yncarne is most there to scare so my Dissies and DL's can do work however with only 20 warriors / 2 Venoms to help her it might be to light on that end. I know I could drop Yncarne and do more warriors in Raiders and maybe more effective however I like the model and this Tourney is just a test version (plus I spent 50+ hours painting the damn thing so I wanna play it some).

Open to any suggestions though, I have lots of raiders and just about anything else in DE.  Thank you in advance!

**Edit - Fixed dumb error with Detatchment

Last edited by caineblackknife on Fri Aug 11 2017, 15:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jjw771
Hellion
jjw771

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 18:22

Are you planning on footslogging the unit of 10 Kabalites? If so, why not make it a 5 man unit and spend the extra 35 points on upgrades elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 18:39

jjw771 wrote:
Are you planning on footslogging the unit of 10 Kabalites? If so, why not make it a 5 man unit and spend the extra 35 points on upgrades elsewhere?

I suppose a 10-man squad can be good to secure an objective on your side of the field.
Back to top Go down
caineblackknife
Slave
caineblackknife

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 19:26

Figured if I had no one else to Soulburst with Yvraine I could use it on the 10 Kabs, 2 sets of 5 halfs the soulburst was my thought.

Also works as extra wound regen/meat shield fo Yvraine and Yncarne.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 02:38

I really like this list. I agree with your own assessment that the points for Yncarne might be better spent on more bodies. I might consider a Hemlock Wraithfighter over the Voidraven Bomber just for more psychic nonsense. Also, spread your dissies out over the 3 ravagers so that you don't lose them all at once!
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 03:01

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish with this list. Also you can't bring Mandrakes in a Ynnari list so it's not even legal.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 03:02

He broke the Mandrakes out into a separate detachment
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 03:04

Ah, so he did. And he didn't give them an HQ, my point still stands.
Back to top Go down
caineblackknife
Slave
caineblackknife

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 15:08

Correct me if I am wrong but can you not use the Aeldari keyword to cover your battalion choices across each Detachment? Maybe I misunderstood the way the keyword works but my thought was if I put them all in the same Detatchment, battalion, with Aeldari as the keyword I can use any of the HQ choices to cover that Detachments HQ while still running the DE/Ynnari/CW models with their own abilities. Battlescribe allows it by making a "sub" detachment and that was the way I understood how keywords work. If I am wrong then by all means I will drop the mandrakes as they cannot be in a non DE detatch.

Also besides the mandrakes issue, which is part of what I was trying to accomplish by finding other peoples thoughts, what I am trying to accomplish is to get ideas and thoughts from others as far as if they think this is a good tourney list and if they see anything I could change or improve.
Back to top Go down
caineblackknife
Slave
caineblackknife

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 15:16

I went and reread the detachment rules, I apologize I did make a mistake there, they Aeldari keyword is not a faction so it cannot hold its own Detatchment. My mistake. Easily fixed though, I will update my list accordingly, thank you for pointing that out one of my friends did this and got me thinking he was right, clearly it was not.

EDIT* Fixed to all Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!   2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pt tourney this weekend - Looking for advice!
Page 1 of 1