THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!

Go down 
+12
Mr Believer
Calyptra
Rokuro
fisheyes
SaturdayNightWrist
DingK
The Red King
MHaruspex
CptMetal
Imateria
Count Adhemar
killedbydeath
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! Empty
PostSubject: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 14:28

Looks like they are getting tau even more things but also orks are getting some love. Dare I hope that Dark eldar are getting some GW love this year!?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/02/40k-ork-products-pics-spotted.html
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 14:34

The Tau stuff is just a repackaged version of the stuff they released a few months ago. The Orks are the old Black Reach models. Nothing new to see here!

I won't be holding my breath for DE stuff unless they found a shedload of the old models from the 3e starter set and try to repackage them as Trueborn or something!
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 14:42

Tau and orks are getting a new supplement if got it right
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 15:06

Farsight Enclaves seem to be getting updated with the stuff from Montka whilst the Orcs are getting an update for the Waaagh! Gazkhull supplement with new formations, a new warboss model and a start collecting set.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 19:01

Perhaps we will get to be the enemy in one of those supplements and gain some nice formations eventually...?
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 19:30

I'm eager to see if Orks get a decurion. If so I'm sure we will too before too long - maybe they're patching all the old armies up to 7.5 like they did with Guard.

Last edited by MHaruspex on Tue Feb 16 2016, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 19:49

The fact we don't have a start collecting set is a good sign, but we need more than a patch. Our last codex was a patch. ..
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 20:19

Seeing SW and now Orks, I expect GW to release more Start Collecting kits as they go, including them in each release wave.
After the first batch, I first expected them to keep doing batches, but I guess I could see the number crunchers predict bigger volume of sales this way.
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 23:00

Well there is 8 starting sets (2 demons so 9 if you want). There is about 16 armies if I counted right not counting assassins, elite guard, mechanicum two times and so. Therefore with orks there is 9 sets and 7 armies missing but sisters is properly not getting a set so it is likely that we will have a starting set before christmas. If they keep up the crazy fast releases!
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 23:11

Let's hope sometime this year
I wouldn't agree our last codex was a patch. Removing units and changing the rules of several other units seems like a bit more than just a patch.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 23:44

I just mean the only goal was to bring us up to speed (right before they floored it).

It just doesn't feel like any real effort went into it.
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2016, 00:12

Yeah I understand what you mean, I'm a grey knight player also so yeah I've seen the same thing happen to both my armies.
At least Dark Eldar had a bit more content and brought with it a supplement.
Tbh the heamy supp is the best thing to happen for us in recent times.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2016, 01:05

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 19:30

I was thinking a similar thing about the lack of a DE starter army. Who knows, maybe the formation that comes with it will actually be viable (assuming of course we get one).
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 22:52

Kinda hope the dark elder start collecting is wych cult themed. And brings with it formations or improvements on wyches.

Ideally I'd love a wych cult supplement, but that would be a nice alternative.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20 2016, 11:11

Count Adhemar wrote:
The Orks are the old Black Reach models. Nothing new to see here!

Correction: Black Reach =/= Sanctus Reach.

Sanctus Reach was a fairly recent release and had only two unique models: Dragongaze and Facerippa.
Black Reach had some simplified Space Marines and Ork models, including the Warboss Facerippa is based on and three Deffkoptaz that are very popular models to this day, but were never released again.

So no new Deffkoptaz, no Wartrakkz, no Wazdakka, and no new Kodex. Sad
GW has neglects Orks for too long, almost as much as Dark Eldar. I really hope that changes in the not too far future.
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20 2016, 15:20

Lol a wyches starting box formation have to be insane to make them good... Something like first turn charge with 5-6 rendering attacks per wych... Or Something like making all your wyches be full upgraded harlequins for they point cost atm.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20 2016, 16:15

I thought Grukk was a new model? Or at least, people elsewhere on the internet did; I'm not that familiar with the current Ork range.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20 2016, 17:46

Calyptra wrote:
I thought Grukk was a new model? Or at least, people elsewhere on the internet did; I'm not that familiar with the current Ork range.

Nah, there's a big bit of fluff in the current ork codex all about him, and that came out around the same time as the Sanctus Reach box. The model doesn't feature in the codex, but the model that's coming out is the same as the one that was previously only available in that set (I think - I forget exactly what he looked like). They're just selling him with the nobz box from the looks of it, meaning he by himself is adding a whopping £17 to the set, despite being a single pose plastic mini that isn't much bigger than them Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20 2016, 19:09

Calyptra wrote:

Grukk Facerippa himself is relatively new, but his model is based on the Warboss from the 2008 Assault on Black Reach set.
well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! DSCN6835
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2016, 06:00

fisheyes wrote:
I was thinking a similar thing about the lack of a DE starter army. Who knows, maybe the formation that comes with it will actually be viable (assuming of course we get one).

well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! Startcollectingde_zpsuonp3byu

well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! Stopcollecting_zpsou03qjql
Back to top Go down
Drummond Bass
Slave
Drummond Bass

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2016, 11:12

Don't post stuff like this when I'm drinking coffee, I might just need a new monitor now :p
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2016, 12:24

Barking Agatha wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! Startcollectingde_zpsuonp3byu

well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! Stopcollecting_zpsou03qjql

Amazing! Love it Laughing
Back to top Go down
PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2016, 14:56

Well played. Almost choked on my bagel. Good thing I'm in a continuing education class with 20 medics.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2016, 00:18

This is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!   well more tau stuff and new ork stuff! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

well more tau stuff and new ork stuff!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next