THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics

Go down 
+22
Siticus the Ancient
Urien Rakarth
Tiri Rana
Todo13
Sky Serpent
Cailos
Nomic
SirTainly
Grub
Father Dagon
Ciirian
Sedarofe
Evil Space Elves
Baron Tordeck
Deneris
Lazarus
Judgex83
Blood drinker
Gobsmakked
Shadows Revenge
Thor665
Local_Ork
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 14:48

I never get worried about a new codex until the army across the table from me is using them. When are they due out?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 15:27

Theres already a discussion over in the general 40k section about this
https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1481-necron-pics . I doubt they would make them only woundable on a 6+ from posion weapons because every DE player will be up in arms since thats clearly only aimed to hurt us and lets be honest are splinter weapons cant take anymore hits to effectivness. Everything already gets its full armor save against us except for orcs and other eldar and maybe tau? not sure on their armor save since no one i know plays them. Now you will argue "well are weapons wound EVERYTHING on 4+" and as true as it is that bonus is only good against monstrous creatures that are seeing less and less play since the flaming turd that is the nid codex came out. The new necrons are out on Nov 5th.

Last edited by Judgex83 on Sun Oct 16 2011, 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 15:40

Yeah, my opponants always moan about the splinter weapons always wounding on a 4+, until I remind them that most weapons will on average wound the average troop on a 3+/4+ so if anything they are underpowered, it should be 4+ to wound no ap, 6+ rending

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 15:42

I like that idea alot. AP5 is a joke anyway so drop it and give us rending. I also have a friend who complains about that until I remind him that his basic weapon ignores my armor entirely and wounds me on 3s. He plays marines like everyone else Rolling Eyes We also laugh about taking anything more powerful than a heavy bolter against DE is a waste of points.

Last edited by Judgex83 on Sun Oct 16 2011, 16:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 15:53

I just think its hilarous that the crons on the ghost ark look like they are hiding from something

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 16:11

Well, we are (better) Orks - we throw bucket of dice in opponent face.

To be honest rumors about replacing Gauss with Rending sounds both viable (they should have that since glances don't kill anymore, unless You shoot OT cardboard crafts) and coherent with USRs.

And that's are BAD news for us. Rending negare FNP, so foot units could be obliterated by lucky Warriors pretty badly. Cardboard planes Our vehicles don't like those either.

I don't see them using conventional psy powers (unless The Dark Intellect would come with something like Grey Knights Pariahs, lol) so they may be counter-psy army. Good for us actually, since that mean wasted points (and we know how marines love to pick Librarians as HQ, oh yes).

I'm also worried about their tanks. Gauss Flyers are S4, so that mean IF their barques would be fast (and probaby will) they can unleash their full potential after 12" move.

@Judgex83
Wound on 3+ (S4). And armour worse than 4+ mean something only in CC.
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 16:23

Sorry I ment to put a 3 it was a typo. Yeah your right about the armor thing but I will argue my point even if im wrong and know it lol. I dont think they would go back a step and give rending back to gauss since they took it away from them once already or was that the ability to glance vehicles? I forget. I agree as i dont see them using traditional psykers powers maybe something closer to how haemonculus work with items. The guy with the eldar and tau runes is what makes me belive this.

Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Necron Rules   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 16:47

Yakface has posted them up at Dakka, so for those that have missed them (they are in the middle of the picture thread)

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420/403994.page#3450256
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 18:53

Not too warried about rending, as our paper planes tend to die when shot anyway. s4 rending would mean we get penetrated instead of galnced on 6, but those glance tend to be bad enough. However, rumours are they'll be getting skimmers that will be like better Raiders (with av 12) and what is essentially a shadowfield. Which sounds like something Ward would do, because it's a) "same but more" version of an ability from another book and b) horribly tought out. Shadowfield is fine because it's on a character with t3. On average, 6 wounds are enough to cause it to fail, and it isn't exactly hard to do 6 wounds on the Archon. Vehicles, on the other hand, tend to need a lot more hits to damage, especially since most of the weapons capable of reliably damaging them have relatively few shots. Of course, another rumour states the ability would just be +2 to armour untill first glance/penetration, which wouldn't atter to us at all.

Also, apparently Necrons will get psykers. Well, counts-as psykers, which is still a stupid idea (if they're not psykers, why are they affected by anti-psychic stuff?). Again, seems like somethign Ward would do, since if Marines have psykers, then his other armies should have them aswell, even if it makes no sense (hell, one of the leaked pictures shows a special character with blue armour and what appears to be a psychic hood. Necron Librarian?).

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 21:26

I'm going to merge this with the new thread for the new Necron rules in the Warhammer 40,000 Discussion section, more appropriate I think and better to keep it all together.

And when the new codex and rules are confirmed, we can start something in the Tactics section.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 16:07

I always thought Tau were more Japanese/Eastern culture based? I never got any egyptian from them.

I also do not like the Tomb-Kings-In-Space feel. From what I have heard of their background that is exactly what they are. Its sad really, that they couldnt come up with something more creative. Although it does sound like there is still the Terminator kill all style Tomb Worlds out there, so maybe thats where I would start if I ever did a Cron army.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 18:27

Some new details about the Necrons in BoLS. The vehicles have a +2 to their armour untill glanced and penetrated, not a +2 save (meaning most of them are AV 13 untill they get hit. Not that big difference for us since we have lances). Living Metal is a chanse to ignore shake and stun, no longer immune to melta and lance. The "counts-as psykers" don't actually have osychic powers, they just have abilities to buff units they join. Multiple per hq slot, like Haemonculi. Lots of av 11 open topped skimmers and av 11 fliers that can move and fire like our ones (the fliers have the same supersonic rule). One has a gun that fires a line 3D6 inches long and does s10 ap1 hits to models on it (can't be used to "snipe" characters tho) In general, they have some nasty guns, but generally also have pretty low range. Tomb spiders have anti-psychic abilities, but only at close range.

Overall, there doesn't seem to be thta many things that are a massive threat to us, exept for one special character, basically their version of Vect/Draigo/Calgar. He seizes the initiative on +4 like vect, and makes the firts turn always count as night fighting. He can also extend the duration of nigh fighting by rolling higher than the number of the turn played. Causing night fighting isn't a big problem to us, but he also has another ability: every turn night fighting is in effect, he rolls a D6 and if he gets a 6, every enemy model not in combat takes D6 s8 ap5 hits, representing lightning strikes. If it affects vehicles, it pretty much means that the Necrons automatically win the game against us on a roll of 6, as D6 hits for every one of our av10 transports is more than enough to wreck them all, and we all know how wulnerable Dark Eldar are out of their transports.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 18:52

I do believe he makes the d6 roll versus each unit - more average devastation, but less of an "I win" effect.

Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 19:16

I hope he will be high on point cost or we will see him in every Necron list.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 19:21

Ciirian wrote:
That same character also has a Tau emblem hanging off of him as well. Wonder what his story is.
They look like trophies if I had to guess.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 19:26

Merged the 3 Necron threads into one for ease of access.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 20:11

Cailos wrote:
Ciirian wrote:
That same character also has a Tau emblem hanging off of him as well. Wonder what his story is.
They look like trophies if I had to guess.

My guess its that guy that supposeably collecting all the knowledge he can (one of the named ICs, but from what I heard not a lord, but a cyptech) He is also the one that gets random stat generation from what Ive heard.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 20:13

Supposedly the D6 s8 hits guy costs about the same as Vect and Draigo, ie. over 200 points. The guy with Eldar and Tau symbols is apprently some Necron lord who'se obsessed with the history of the galaxy and has a large collection of relics from different races. Apparently he has looted one of the missing Primarchs.

Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 20:25

Nomic wrote:
Apparently he has looted one of the missing Primarchs.
I wonder which one. Maybe we will know more after the Codex comes out or when 6th happens.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 20:40

I doubt it, it might not even be a primarch at all. From what I heard its described as "A giant in ancient power armor". For all we know its a adeptus codius or something. GW likes keeping things like this open ended so that we all just keep guessing.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 21:07

I've started a new thread in DE General where you can discuss how the Necrons will affect the Dark Eldar.

I'm excited about the new models and appears I am the only person on the internet to like the new Flayed Ones. If there's a theme that I like then I may start a small Empire up as a distraction.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 01:02

@Sky - you have seen the old Flayed Ones, yes? You honestly like the new ones better?

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 14:32

I think there are some nice possibilities with the new ones (I like the dynamic poses actually) but the older are far superior. I get a creepier vibe from them. Kinda like shambling dead than say... crazy robots

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 15:18

I don't like they have "garden tool hands". They should be uniform, like old ones.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 20:16

Necrons were officially announced today.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=18500105a

I have to say that they mostly look great in proper pics, vs. the crappy 'leaked' ones. I would love to do some modelling with any number of these, and may at some distant point consider doing a new army with them. Still waiting to read the actual codex before anything else.

As always, the cost of starting an entirely new army will be an issue. If you think that Finecast Wracks or Incubi are expensive, check out the retail price of a box of 5 of the new Flayed Ones Embarassed

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next