THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics

Go down 
+22
Siticus the Ancient
Urien Rakarth
Tiri Rana
Todo13
Sky Serpent
Cailos
Nomic
SirTainly
Grub
Father Dagon
Ciirian
Sedarofe
Evil Space Elves
Baron Tordeck
Deneris
Lazarus
Judgex83
Blood drinker
Gobsmakked
Shadows Revenge
Thor665
Local_Ork
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 21:05

Gobsmakked wrote:
Necrons were officially announced today.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=18500105a

I have to say that they mostly look great in proper pics, vs. the crappy 'leaked' ones. I would love to do some modelling with any number of these, and may at some distant point consider doing a new army with them. Still waiting to read the actual codex before anything else.

As always, the cost of starting an entirely new army will be an issue. If you think that Finecast Wracks or Incubi are expensive, check out the retail price of a box of 5 of the new Flayed Ones Embarassed

Hopefully the flayed ones will be bad enough that nobody has to buy them Smile
Also, nothing can compare to VC blood knights in terms of price…

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast -Dariaq Bladetongue of the Pierced Eye
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 21:50

glad i bought 10 metal flayed ones now! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2011, 02:03

I think, the thing, I'm envious about of the Necrons is their dual purpose boxes that contain ALL weapon options.
The one for Immortals and Deathmarks contains 15 Weapons, the one for the Lycheguard and Preatorians even contains 20 weaponsets. 

OK, they are 8€ ontop of a scourges box, but they contain 5 bodys, 10 heads, 3 different armour variation pieces per model therefore 15 pieces and the afforementioned 20 weapon sets; 5 swords, 5 shields, 5 bucklers, 5 fist weapons and 5 Staffs with 2 different head options, to be exact; so 35 pieces as a whole, but they only yield 25 weapons and 5 spare parts, unless you convert 5 additinal staffs.

That is the same amount of bodys, 2 more heads, I guess 3 pieces of armour roughly equal one pair of wings and 7 weapons + 5 spare weapon-parts more.
Additionally the box contains 2 sheets of Necron transfers. Not necessary in my opinion, but definitely a neat extra.

I don't want to say, that their boxes are cheaper or contain more value, but I think they are planed better.
I for myself would happily pay 8€ aditionally to get a second of each special weapon in the Scourge boxed set, more wych weapons or to even get a Trueborn box with 5 splinterpistols and cc weapons, 5 shardcarbins, 4 shredders, 4 blasters, 2 darklances and 2 splintercanons. Gosh, I'd even be happy with a set of 4 Blasters and 5 Shardcarbins.

Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 14:44

It's one of my biggest problems with GW over the years, that the boxsets for the troops don't contain the complete set of weapons options that the Codices allow you to build.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 22:10

You. All. Need. To. Stop. Me. From. Starting. Necrons. As. I. Like. The. Models. And. Fluff. A. Lot.

That will be all.

(Bought the new book today and the Necron Overlord as I really like the new model.)

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 00:52

I just got the last codex at Imperial Hobbies! Smile

I also got the item that will be my secret santa gift and an Ork battlewagon - I only wanted the turret..but how I have a whole chassis to make either a lifta droppa or a soopa gun...can't decide.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 05:54

News of the 2nd wave of the new Necrons, some very cool stuff including jetbikes, flyers and special characters.

From 75Hastings69 and Cpatain Ventris via Kroothawk:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/403994.page#3446461

Kroothawk wrote:
Here a summary of the current rumours on the second wave expected for March or maybe February

75hastings69 wrote:

Couldn't see this on the thread (although I didn't go through every page!) early next year youll be getting a second wave of necrons - entries in the codex not covered by this release, 4 vehicles, a walker and 2 aircraft, also new tomb spiders IIRC.
Can't recall of the top of my head about the vehicles, the walker Artwork shows a large spider with a necRon driver and scorpion tail over the head blaster type thing.

Another confirmation by him (on Wraiths and Tomb Spyders):
75hastings69 wrote:

I've already posted on the necron rumour thread that these items will be part of the second wave on necron models released early next year. The jetbike type necrons are also amongst the new kits.

and
Captain Ventris wrote:

Recieved information/rumors today. As stated by Dr.Pie himself the wave 2 is planned. Was told it will arrive late feb./early march and will be the following kits:

- Doom/Night scythe (plastic kit) 1 model
- Canoptic Wraiths/Spyders (Plastic kit) 3 models
- Iluminor Szeras (Finecast) 1 model
- Anrakyr the Traveler (Finecast) 1 model

Also release of a Battleforce consisting of the following:

- 16 warriors
- 4 scarab bases
- 5 Immortals/Deathmarks
- 1 Ghost/Doom ark

Take with salt as I always do...

Tomb blades and Triarch Stalker are missing from that list, but Hastings said a whle ago that they will come with the same wave.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 09:07

How soon until Necrons become tough Dark Eldar?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 18:50

Next wave of Necrons is supposedly May 5th.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?338887-BoW-Necron-2nd-wave-release-date
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/6600/403994.page#4154890

Beasts of War have announced the date, the supposed contents, and a sketch of the Triarch Stalker:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/necrons-may-5th/

They suggest that the release will include the following, but it's still not confirmed yet:

Triarch Stalker
Tomb Blade
Canoptek Wraith
Canoptek Spyder
Nemesor Zahndrekh
Vargard Obyron
Illuminor Szeras
Destroyer Lord Upgrade Pack
Heavy Destroyer Upgrade Pack

Of note - no flyers yet, which everyone dislikes, as they are being held back for the Autumn of Flyers/6th Ed. release-thingy.

Also of note to DE, if true, this release will give Necrons 5 out of 7 of their special characters.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 20:59

Update April 23 - WD pics courtesy of Crystalseer on Warseer and May 5th release confirmed:

Triarch Stalker - plastic kit, one Stalker per
Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 Attachment

Tomb Blade jet bikes - plastic kit, three bikes per - very nice, but will they get used?
Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 Attachment

Canoptek Wraiths - plastic kit, three Wraiths per - these look amazing I think, definitely a must-have

Canoptek Spyder - plastic kit, one Spyder per - also an incredible looking kit

No pics of the additional IC's yet.

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 21:12

Oh dear lord, those look absolutely gorgeous! Let's hope we get those ICs...

DrBored
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 21:22

Looking good. I know a lot of Necron players that are going to be very happy with this update. A lot of people have been running the Spyder Scarab Swarm lists lately, so having that kit out should be a boon.

I'd be surprised if Necron got so many of their IC's in one wave. Typically with a big plastic release that's not *with* a Codex release, we only see two, maybe 3 finecast single-character items. 4 kits seems pretty standard though.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 21:55

Some more from Beasts of War, including the IC's:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/necrons-may-5th/

Nemesor Zahndrekh, Vargard Obyron and Illuminor Szeras
Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 Nemesor-Zahndrekh-and-Illuminor-Szeras

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 Canoptek-Wraith

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 Tomb-Blade

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 15:12

I really like tomb blades. They are super cheap for what you get, and are a great harrassment unit. Also good for last minute contesting. Im sure they will be used.

Also finally a Stalker model... Im so tired of looking across the board at large oval bases... But sadly the two of our Cron players that did model their own version will be sad. I think they made theirs too small if that picture has anything up to size. That thing looks huge... Bigger than a Defiler huge

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 18:28

From DJ3 over at Warseer, pics of Anrakyr the Traveller and Orikan the Diviner due for release on July 21. Orikan in particular is easily one of the best of the new Necron range.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 19:23

I really like the Orikan model... he really looks like he is possessed by a Ctan Razz

And the Anrakyr model would make an amazing Lord or heck... if you had the cash... a great Lych Guard Unit Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 20:16

Orikan's model really reminds me of the pictures of those flowercrons floating around the internet. That little mental note aside, I really like the model, love the huddled over, "yelling" pose.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 23:23

I mean no disrespect to anyone but Anrakyr looks like he is wearing a skirt while Orikan is doing a very good impression of a howler monkey. Weak, weak models.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 06:46

Sky Serpent wrote:
I mean no disrespect to anyone but Anrakyr looks like he is wearing a skirt while Orikan is doing a very good impression of a howler monkey. Weak, weak models.

And yet as I said, he still looks like one of the better new IC's in this range Sad That is because he is at least different. Anrakyr is a great looking model, but he's not that much different from the other 4-5 IC's that have come before him. The new Necrons are all good looking models with wonderfully detailed cloaks covering them, but their static posing really leaves a lot to be desired. And they are largely one-piece body and legs, so you can't change a lot.

The release of these two characters will complete(!) the Necron range of nine IC's and all other units in their new codex, barely 8 months after its release!

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 12:55

I'm contemplating a necron army, but suffice to say I won't be using any of the independent character models. The only ones I've really got time for are the standard overlord, which is actually quite dynamic, and Varguard Obyron, who looks badass. Crypteks are ok I guess.
Imotekh: Looks like he's quoting shakespeare, 'Is this a dagger I see before me?'
Trazyn: Old man who needs a staff to help him walk
Nemesor Zahndrekh: 'Come on, we need to go this way, is safer over there!'
Szeras: Looks like the bad guy out of wild wild west.
Lord with resurrection orb: Back to shakespeare again, Hamlet this time 'Alas, poor Yoric, I knew him, Horatio'.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 15:30

but you have to remmeber what they are... they are huge hulking metallic men. I would think they would be static for as long as possible. Of the current models the only ones that show "life" in them seem to be Imotek, Nemie, Okiran, and Szeras. The rest stand resolute (Obyron) or are just like "Meh... Im here" looks. I would expect a Lelith or Archon look to them, I just dont think it would fit right.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 20:48

I'm really looking forward to the FW Necrons.

Apparently their going down a Mesoamerican route with them.

And I love all things Mesoamerica.

Back to top Go down
dominus nox
Hellion
dominus nox

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 16:07

I quite like the look of The Traveller, it would be pretty cool to use as a female Overlord. I think that I'll need to see the Orikan model in person, that angle makes it look kinda flat.
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 18:02

dominus nox wrote:
I quite like the look of The Traveller, it would be pretty cool to use as a female Overlord. I think that I'll need to see the Orikan model in person, that angle makes it look kinda flat.

Yeah, 2d photos do not do justice to a lot of miniatures. I had been planning to kitbash my Wracks until I actually saw the models in person, now I love them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3