THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Ed rumors and DE

Go down 
+57
Hijallo
KheraKhera
Ereshkigal
Crazy_Irish
NiteOwl
Sorrowshard
dominus nox
1++
Lord Clazaryn
CaptainBalroga
Farmer
Mandor
Deamon
pingualoty
lululu_42
Gobsmakked
Kinnay
Torpedo Vegas
stealthy327
IASGATG
Plague
thelordhellion
Eldur
Chaeril
Painjunky
Ghosttrain23
Siticus the Ancient
Arrex
DarkKokabel
Ben_S
MurderingBastard
blackoutcs
Grumpy Kwi
Demagoge
Inrit
Massaen
Archon Farath Mure
Cavash
The New AIDS
Count Adhemar
Azdrubael
SleepyPillow
Phototoxin
succorax
Thor665
Shadows Revenge
kenny3760
Allandrel
tlronin
Darkgreen Pirate
Sky Serpent
Firdeth
Ruke
Evil Space Elves
The_Burning_Eye
Nomic
Levitas
61 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

6th Ed rumors and DE Empty
PostSubject: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 18:27

Rumors, a handful of sodium as always, but what do you guys think of the ones doing the rounds for 6th edition?

Random Psychic powers?
Hull points?
Assault after deepstrike?

I'm not crazy about having more random in the game, specially with an army that needs cold hard certainty. And what about our skimmers? Will they get more durable or worse?

Assault after deepstrike would be fun, and would secure the Duke as the top HQ of choice.

It is all whispers in the wind, and I dont buy into any of them, I just hope they buff DE in some way, or at least keep them the same. I dont want to see the army nerfed by a few badly worked out rules.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 19:21

Hull points would probably help us. It would make our vehicles even easier to destroy, but not by much, while it would reduce the surviveablity of most other armies vehicles much more. Our vehicles are already getting blown out of the sky by a stiff breeze, so getting destroyed by 2 or 3 glances (if Rhinos have 3 points and Land Raiders have 4, I'm assuming our stuff will have 2 or 3 at most) doesn't make that big of a difference for us(granted, I've had games where my vehicles survive a ton of hits with nothign worse than stunned, but far more often they tend to blow up from a single good hit), while for Land Raiders and Psyflemen it's a huge downgrade in surviveablity. Gotta get more Scourges, sicne if these rumours are true, I'll be running atleast 2 units of 5 with HWBs.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 19:43

I like the idea of assaulting after deep strike, always seemed a bit daft to me that they couldn't do that. I'm quietly positive about hull points, from what I've seen a glancing hit takes off a hull point and when you run out of hull points your vehicle goes bang. Probably have less effect on our vehicles since they usually get penetrated anyway, but on the flipside it makes dark lances a bit more effective given how many you can fit into a list.
I'm not the most experienced however so that's just my theoretical take on things.
TBE
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 20:10

Assuming that the hull points aren't a steaming pile of rumor...
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 21:02

The one thing I really truly hope for is assault after a deepstrike... the current deepstrike rules are silly.

IDK what details you may have about the other ones... I don't keep up with rumors.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 21:13

Random psychic powers...eh guess they want to go the Fantasy magic way. Eldar players will bawl about not getting certain powers.
Hull points from what I get could be good, I find vehicles a bit too resilient in this edition. Needs to be balanced.
Can only agree with the comments about assaulting after deep strike.

Still I will wait until I hold the actual book in my hands AND having played it before rejoicing or moaning about it. There is such a rumor clampdown nowadays I can only wonder what will actually turn out to be true.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 00:03

We have two other rumour threads ongoing, however as those threads were based off very old rumours and the leaked rulebook which is more or less known to be fake, I am happy for this thread to continue as discussion of current wave of new rumours.

Please do not post in this thread if you have no desire to particpate in the discussion of said rumours.

Random psychic powers - doesn't really affect us that much whatsoever, the idea that every unit gets a basic 6+ invun is nice.

Hull points - sounds like they want vehicles to be a lot easier to destroy, I'd embrace it, the amount of times I've peppered something with Lances and all I do is shake it....

Deep strike assault. Hi Duke. Hi Wyches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 00:27

not sure about random Psychic powers, but definition of mastery levels I would think is almost a given; both BA and GK mention these. Mephiston is level 3, I wonder what Eldrad will end up being???

Although it will mean our psychic nerf-gear will probably be even more, well, nerfed. I think the whole reserve/deepstrike setup will get changed, so assault after deepstrike may happen. Right along with potential overwatch.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 07:45

Hull Points: Nomic said our vehicles are easier to destroy. Even more easy than now? I don't know about you but my Ravagers/Raiders/Venoms never get glanced. When they get hit (and flickerfield fails) it's usually destroyed by penetrating hits. Having said this, I think it'll be a buff for DE. How many times do you not score glancing hits with your DLs? Think about it. Now we have a chance to destroy a Landraider with 3 glancing hits. Something our Ravagers excell in.

Random Psychic powers: I'm against it. I'm fine with a splash of randomness here and there, but keep it in de codex and keep it streamlined enough to work. Like our drugs in the new dex. But to inject more randomness in the core rules takes away tactics and lengthens the games IMHO.

Assault after DS: This is going to be a huge buff for us. Imagine DSing with a Raider full of Wyches out of the sky and assault a squad of Longfangs hiding in the ruïns the moment they come on to the table.
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 17:41

I'm sure if they allow deepstrike assault that overwatch will return, or some similar rule to protect shooty units from decent of angels and wyches. A face full of five frag missiles would make you think twice about deepstrike assaulting those long fangs.

Hull points would be nice, but it depends on if they change the flat out/obscured cover save, which would effect our paper planes. I agree though, if something gets shot at I expect it to go down. A change to shooting fast moving targets would be cool.

I'm not in favor of random psyker rules, I played 2nd edition. It's like paying points for a blaster and you get a splinter pistol.
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 21:01

Psychic Mastery being codified in the main rules makes good sense, as it is much clearer than models having a variety of special rules regarding how many psychic powers they can take.

Random psychic powers makes no sense as the existing codices are written, and would severely nerf armies that rely on psychics like CWE. (And GK, but any nerf they receive is welcome.)
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 20:19

Hull points: Can only help us. If someone wants our skimmers down then it's not really that difficult to penetrate and wipe it. I like the idea of glancing a land raider to death though, hello haywire blasters.

Assault after DS: Heard about this a longtime ago and I reckon it's a done deal. Welcome back my chaos daemons, how I've missed you.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 20:32

I keep seeing hull points and haywire blasters, but if the rumors of hull points are true, its not haywire blasters I'll be looking at, its haywire grenades... they're already nice, but with hull points they will be completely OP... I could see a tank getting destroyed off a single charge easy (which would be bad for they wyches in question actually...)
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 20:43

Ruke wrote:
I keep seeing hull points and haywire blasters, but if the rumors of hull points are true, its not haywire blasters I'll be looking at, its haywire grenades... they're already nice, but with hull points they will be completely OP... I could see a tank getting destroyed off a single charge easy (which would be bad for they wyches in question actually...)

bah, throw FNP on them and watch those ladies dance away!!!

unless that FNP becomes FNP (+5) like they did with regen in fantasy... gah... the horror!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 21:00

fnp based on T value perhaps?
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 21:12

Ruke wrote:

What do you mean with that it would be bad to destroy a tank on a single charge? They can't lock into CC with a vehicle, so wether they succeed or not, it's never easy to charge vehicles with haywire grenades.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 21:23

Quote :
They can't lock into CC with a vehicle, so wether they succeed or not, it's never easy to charge vehicles with haywire grenades.

That was my point, but if you toss a nice explosion into the mix, its a bad day all around...
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 07:50

Ruke wrote:
Quote :
They can't lock into CC with a vehicle, so wether they succeed or not, it's never easy to charge vehicles with haywire grenades.

That was my point, but if you toss a nice explosion into the mix, its a bad day all around...

Oh right. Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 14:30

Ruke wrote:
fnp based on T value perhaps?

that would be an interesting concept, having it be modified by the strength of the blast based around the models toughness. So say wyches are T3 and are hit with a T3 hit (say, lasgun or explosion) then its a 4+, but if they are hit with a T2 shot (grot gun right?) it would be a 3+, a S4 hit (bolter) and your looking at a 5+. If they do that though I would like to see FNP be able to be taken against power weapons then though, it would definately make Grots worth their points if they are rocking a 3+ against marines and a 2+ against guardsmen Razz

The problem I think we are going to see is different levels of FNP, kinda like how regen in fantasy went from a straight 4+ to now its all over the place. Unless we get stuck with the basic 4+ still, I can just see them weakening PfP FNP to like a 5+, which scares the crap out of me by making an already fragile army that much fragile. While I love the old dex, I dont know if I could go back after tasting how tough DE can be with FF and FNP Razz
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 17:15

I'd take weaker FNP if the rumors about skimmers and shooting at and from them are all true.
Though I am a bit of a Gunboat guy at heart Wink
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 23:56

I'll be sad if they drop FNP to a 5+. But then it hits other armies too, notably Blood Angels. If cover drops too that makes our army very fragile indeed. Unless it balances with using poisoned pistols in combat and charging off deepstrike. It could almost increase both the glass and the cannon aspects of our dex.

I'm usually excited about a new edition, but for some reason i'm very wary of this one. We do need change and change is good...
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 14:35

personally I think we need a change. 5th has gotten stale, and I personally cant wait for the new edition. Flaws and all Razz
Back to top Go down
succorax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 18:53

any news of a date for this edition of rules.....
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 19:45

Assault after DS seems a bit odd since vanguard veterans have it already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 22:41

@succorax - last rumour I heard was early July.
@phototoxin - true, but I suspect they'll FAQ it, rumour has it that they're bringing back overwatch or some new rule called snapfire where you can shoot at a charging unit but with reduced BS, my guess would be that vanguard veterans would be immune to something like this if they use heroic intervention if indeed they want to keep them more elite.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Ed rumors and DE
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next