THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 points tournament list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

1850 points tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 14:15

I'm entering one of the biggest tournaments in the country with my Dark Eldar, and would need some feedback on my list. The tournament in question has three limiting factors when it comes to list building that I have to take into account:
1. No more than one special character HQ choise.
2. No duplicate HQ choises (meant to counter SW runepriest spam but also means I get only one haemie. Special charcters count as the type of charcter they're supposed to be so no Urien and a regular haemie or Vect and an archon in the same list).
3. Max 2 of the same elite, FA or HS slots.

For the first 1500s I can just use my usual list (altough normally I'd probably take a second haemonculus and a unit of wytches instead of wracks)

1xHaemonculus: liquifier, venom blade.
4xTrueborn: 4 blasters, Venom with splintercannon
4xTrueborn: 4 blasters, Venom with splintercannon
5xWarriors: blaster, Venom with splintercannon
5xWarriors: blaster, Venom with splintercannon
9xWytches: haywires, Hekatrix with an agonizer, Raider with flickerfield
10xWracks: 2 liquifiers, Acothyst with venom blade, Raider with flickerfield
Ravager with lances and flickerfield
Ravager with lances and flickerfield
Razorwing with disintegrators, splintercannon, nightshield and flickerfield (to gun down those pesky Grey Knights)

But I'm not sure what to get with the last 350 points. I can't take any more trueborn or ravagers, I can't get another haemonculus so I'd rather not get another wytch unit (I prefer to have them start with fnp, othervise they die as soon as their raider blows). So far, I thought about adding

Archon with shadowfield, drugs, agonizer, phantasm launcher
4xIncubi, Venom with splintercannon
3xReavers with heat lance

The incubi and archon could be useful in removing enemy assault units or tough units sitting in cover, and the reavers are there because I couldn't figure anything else useful that I could get with the remaining points.

Aniasis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:13

I would get another Troop, and another Unit of Trueborn with Blasters to fill that out.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:33

another troop, and the reavers are nice deversionary unit, and are really annoying if your opponent leaves them alone

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:48

I'd probably go two additional blaster Warrior squads (in Venoms or Raiders to taste) and one Reaver harassment unit. With the limits on HQs and slots it's hard to do an assault oriented list in the way I think they're good.

Why is there a V.Blade on the Haem?
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 19:22

It costs 5 points and let the haemie do something when the wytches get into combat.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 21:49

Okay, it's just most players (at least myself) leave the Haem behind. I do this because usually I'm running with the Wyches, and prefer for the Haem to burn things, not assault.

Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 17:12

Out of interest is this for Turku Fanatic? I usually swing by to at least have a look and check out the armys on parade. I only live about 5 minutes from the T-talo.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 17:56

I usually leave the haemie out when charging something that has a good chanse at killing him (ie. things with power weapons), but occasionally having extra 4 attacks on charge that wound on 2+ is very useful, especially if I roll 6 on the drugs (since then I can't remove the haemie from the unit without also losing furious charge). It's only 5 points so it's not a huge loss even when I don't use it. Would never give him any of the other cc weapons, tho. Too expensive for a character that dies so easily.

And yeah, it's Fanatic. I'm the guy in the trenchcoat (assuming it's not too hot to keep it on) with blue deldar and a ton of differently patterned Venoms flying around the board (I decided that the suggestion to take 2 extra warrior squads is a great idea. I have first hand experience how effective mass torrent of fire from splinter cannons can be).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points tournament list   1850 points tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 points tournament list
Page 1 of 1