THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hair Colours

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cablinius
Hellion
Cablinius

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05 2016, 23:28

Hello Fellow Denizens!

I'm painting my first ever models (except for the 1 colour wonder of 14 year old me a decade ago...) and am stuck for choice of hair colour for my models.

I've quickly painted one with each black (with white, aged looking highlights), Blonde (needs to be whiter I think, like legolas from LOTR colour) and Brown (needs some more highlights...).

Do you guys have an opinion of what colour would match my scheme best? Also any feedback on what to do with the brown to make it look better would be appreciated!

http://m.imgur.com/a/h8TYr

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 06:55

I'd definitely go blonde.
I have a somewhat similar scheme on one of my Kabalite squads, so I'm a little bit biased.

Hair Colours 20160410

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 08:46

Hi Cablinius

I like diversity so I have a couple of colours I use for hair. I'd like to think that DE don't like to conform when it comes to hair fashion. For some reason or other though, I do like me some blondes, so I tend to have a lot of them. Maybe my subconscious thinks it is the most decadent haircolor...
Anyway, for highlighting brown hair, I go for a pretty simple, stylised look.
If you look at your first picture for instance, you will see where the light naturally bounces of the topknot. That is where you paint the same pattern as the light makes with a lighter shade of brown than your base. You could use 'Skrag brown' for that probably.
Good luck and i hope to see a project log from you on here someday. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cablinius
Hellion
Cablinius

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 12:45

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll go for a variation i think. And about the project log, I've been taking photos as I go, although I didn't start at the start. I'll post up what I've got when I get some internet installed at my new house...
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 14:55

Our colour schemes seem a bit similar (blue, with white cloth bits) so I'll suggest what I did. I found red works quite well as a complemenatry colour:

Hair Colours Warriors8_zps9245c5ab

(not the best pic, but you get the idea)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2016, 12:35

My DE all have different hair colours since they're all individuals. But if your going for a platinum blonde try ushabti bone, that works nicely, if you mix it with Ulthuan Grey for Highlights it can look incredibly striking.

Hellion
Cablinius

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 17:33

I like a bit of uniformity in hair colours it seems... I've been using Rhinox hide -> Balor Brown -> wash with Agrax -> Zamesi Desert and pallid wych flesh for these so far but i reckon you're right, ushabti bone should work too for a more yellow top highlight. I might try it on the next unit i have with hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hair Colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Colours   Hair Colours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hair Colours
Page 1 of 1