THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar deployment.

Go down 
+4
Jimsolo
CptMetal
Dodo_Night
Deathwasp11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathwasp11
Hellion
Deathwasp11

Dark eldar deployment. Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30 2016, 18:53

Hey guys, I'm looking for advice on deployment. Currently I just try to hide all my stuff behind LOS blocking terrain and hope for the best. Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2016, 00:43

I'd recommend looking at the fighting tigers of veda website as they have some good advise on deployment. That said, ground troops to closest objectives, transport troops read to zoom towards furthest objectives, use cover and LOS blocking terrain where possible, elites and heavy support behind troops. That is the jist of what I recall from website. Plus, having incubi standing in front out in the open with no chance to close to the enemy is a biiig no no xD Yes I did that in a game as I didn't have enough transports. lesson learned ^^
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2016, 11:18

And always position the objectives in the open. We can still get cover by jinking
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2016, 01:51

I try to leave myself with options. Position objectives so that I can score them in the open, or from within cover. Deploy my forces so they can get to more than one target of opportunity.

When I started, my deployment strategy hinged around one basic tenet: survive the first turn. Since I play Freakshows, which are assault-heavy, I just need to be able to close, which means I need my vehicles to survive one turn of shooting. Whatever crazy deployment shenanigans that requires, so be it.
If I go first, I worry less, and just try to get my vehicles as far forward as possible (unless my opponent has some way to mititgate stealing the initiative). If I go second, I just try to mitigate the damage I'll be taking.

Other things, like positioning for target priority, positioning for multiple strategies, and positioning to keep your units in range of their buff suppliers (Cronos, Haemonculus, allied psykers) can be learned as you go.

The only other thing I really had to learn how to do when I started playing Freakshows was managing my bubbles. It's important for Freakshow lists to have their Ld neg bubbles overlapping as much as possible, while still being in range for the psykers.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2016, 02:46

Deploy to survive and threaten objs.
Get lots of LOSB terrain on the table and try reserves + manipulation shenanigans if you are constantly getting pounded turn one.
Thats pretty much it.

My #1 piece of advice with obj placement would be SPREAD THEM OUT as much as possible!

DE are pretty fast so we can grab objs without too much hassle but most of all i want to encourage the enemy to spread out as well.
This way i can concentrate most of my army on one unit at a time and roll up his line while minimizing return fire.

Spread out objs is also good against the increasing number of deathstars as they can't be everywhere.

Ideally i place objs so i can hold them while being out of sight as there is so much ignore cover mass shooting getting around that sometimes if you can be seen and he wants you off that obj, your dead.

I play mostly MSU so my advice is for that kind of army.
Back to top Go down
Deathwasp11
Hellion
Deathwasp11

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2016, 04:54

Thanks guys, your advice is very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 13:08

Forgot to say deploy talos's at front and centre so they can threaten everything. Talos's absorbing enemy firepower is a good thing as it means less firepower going towards your more fragile units.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 18:32

Hey, mate!

There is an artcle about deployment on our site, familiase yourself with it.
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11847-the-pragmatic-realspace-raider-deployment

There are also plenty importants articles there, they are all in pinned theme in Dark Eldar Tactica subforum.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 07:46

This time i not agree with painjunky.
I usually use very aggressive and tought assault units (coven) but they are sloooow.
So i often try to get this OBJ deployment:

3 OBJ very close in the middle of the table.
3 OBJ far away (or really out of the action)

As the first 3 OBJ became appealingfor the enemy, my assault unit get into and start a very very long and durature carnage that help me both to contest the OBJ and keep the unit out of shooting.
Just remember to put into some troops in the brawl to face of OBJSEC enemy. Often serve at this purpose squad of 5 men from crashed venoms...
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 23:38

Winning the initiative role can make for a huge advantage. It can also be seen a disadvantage. It lets you set up the game. It also lets your opponets put up a counter to your deployment. By deciding which units to place where, your opponent will deploy in a way that will lead open up possibilities for him. Now, in small-scaled fields the options for deployment will be rather slim. However, the larger the field gets, the more options will be available.

To deploy in a way that lets your opponent see oppurtunity in moves you want him to make can let your opponent move according to your plan. Think of what threat your units can be. Take scourges. Armed with lances, they can make your opponent's vehicles avoid, or bolster up areas in their range.

Utilizing unpredictable moves, deploying on one side and moving to the next, or suiciding a unit, can also give advantage: you deceive the enemy.

Tzun Tzu says: all war is deception
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployment.   Dark eldar deployment. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar deployment.
Page 1 of 1