THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hemlock experiences....

Go down 
+5
Skari
WhysoSully
KiloFiX
Jimsolo
snilbog
9 posters
AuthorMessage
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

Hemlock experiences.... Empty
PostSubject: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2016, 19:19

Hi all,

I was looking into getting a hemlock to add to my dark eldar/eldar. I think it looks good on paper, what with psychic shriek and the heavy d-scythes for some AT, and I was wondering how people have found it to use, as it's not cheap and I wanted to see what you guys thought before getting one.

Cheers

Snil Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2016, 21:51

The Ld bubble couples with telepathy powers is nice. The D scythes have never performed well for me.
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 02:31

Especially now that Psychic Scream no longer needs to roll to hit.
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 03:15

Best advice I could give is to magnetize it.

Mine can be a: hemlock, crimson, or crimson exarch.

For what it is I like it.  Its very specialized.  The D blasts arent great and the new dog fighting stuff has nothing to do with psykers which was pretty disappointing.  

If you have space marine players with wings of flyers you might just want to skip out on flyers all together.  Who needs agility and pursuit when they can just shoot 10+ twin linked shots into your av10!

"oh man, dude I totally forgot that other stuff was in the game,  this is totally unbalanced, oh well people buy our products because of the models not the rules"
-Over heard from the GW codex writing laboratory. /s

But yeah, as long as you magnetize it, it can always become part of a crimson death formation should you decide you dont like it as a hemlock. I still run a hemlock sometimes, but thats just because I think flying psykers are cool, not really for a tactical reason. Shriek is nice though. Can be unexpected.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 04:04

I really like it , I have used it in games to great effect , the powers are awesome to have on a flier! Also the d weapons have been really useful against necrons
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 05:31

I love my hemlock. Every one hates flying psykers and even the toned down D does pretty good for vehicles and sniping out heavy weapons due to how D works. Also roll invisibility on it just once and you'll never go back.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 08:20

I own two hemlocks. they perform great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 11:30

Thanks for all the advice, I was planning on running it in a ld-attack based army so figured it would be relatively useful.

Snil Shocked
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2016, 23:33

One thing to note is that if you're not running Death from the Skies (and really, why would you?) your Hemlock has Skyfire still and as per the FAQ's you can shoot Blast templates at other Flyers now with SKyfire.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2016, 23:39

Imateria wrote:
One thing to note is that if you're not running Death from the Skies (and really, why would you?) your Hemlock has Skyfire still and as per the FAQ's you can shoot Blast templates at other Flyers now with SKyfire.

This is a good point. What is unclear, however, is if it scatters off of an air target, can it hit units on the ground?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2016, 06:47

The hemlock is a fighter?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 22:47

It's in the name: WraithFighter
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2016, 05:38

True enough. But I thought it would have got the attack craft setting or whatever and thus not have sky fire but not have -1 BS against ground. But it does?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2016, 06:18

No idea what you're talking about. Sounds like heresy to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock experiences....   Hemlock experiences.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hemlock experiences....
Page 1 of 1