THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hemlock Shriek??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoiley
Hellion

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 18:42

does them hemlock gain shriek as the primaris from telepathy according to the rules in 7th?
my gaming group mostly allows me to do this but there are some naysayers.
I asked one of the larger tournament operators in our area and he ruled that it is allowed.

Similar to a broodlord gaining the primaris on that side.. no?

What do you guys think?

A hemlock with terrify is useless. a hemlock with shriek is suddenly super cool.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 00:20

A hemlock with terrify is very good! It depends on how you read the psychic section - it's a mess!

As the hemlock never generates a power, it's not entitled to the primaris as those rules say if you generate all your powers from the same discipline.
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 00:47

Quote :
As the hemlock never generates a power, it's not entitled to the primaris as those rules say if you generate all your powers from the same discipline.

And in fact it does generate all powers from the same discipline. It just doesnt generate them RANDOMLY which is not a condition.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 01:33

It does not ever GENERATE a power though - it has one assigned
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Raoiley
Hellion

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 04:07

That's debatable depending on how you read generate. Some argue that when it generates, it's automatically assigned the power
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 04:53

This is one of those issues people are split fairly evenly on. I'd let your opponent decide in a friendly game, or ask the TO ahead of time in a competition.
Back to top Go down
Raoiley
Hellion

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 14:24

That's been my attitude. I ask my opponent prior if I plan on putting one in my list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hemlock Shriek?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Shriek??   Hemlock Shriek?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hemlock Shriek??
Page 1 of 1