THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Wraith's Claw

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kuni
Hellion
kuni

The Wraith's Claw Empty
PostSubject: The Wraith's Claw   The Wraith's Claw I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2016, 12:37

So just want some feed back. I'm waiting on my Wraith's to come in so just want some theory crafting so I know how to use them.

Corpse thief claw with chain flails and splinter cannons

Wraith host
2 wraith guard - D scythe
Wraith guard.
Spirit seer
Wraith lord - 2 star cannons, 2 flamers, ghost glaive
Wraith knight - D cannons, scatter laser.

Super though min T of army is 6. Super powerful, lots of ap 2 or 2. Slow though, but scout and battle focus help. Any advice, comments/criticism?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

The Wraith's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wraith's Claw   The Wraith's Claw I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2016, 14:48

Does something other than the corpse thief claw have scout? Because otherwise, you've only got around 20 models. So yeah, they're high toughness, but your opponent doesn't have to take many of them out to table you.

But that's not the greatest concern. The greatest concern is that they're all super slow except the wraithknight, and you have no way to transport them. Many armies will just kite you while they pick off models from your low model count army.

But I could be wrong. I encourage you to try it out if you own the models already, and let us know how it does. If it's a theorycrafting army to help you decide whether or not to buy all those models, my guess would be that you probably shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
kuni
Hellion
kuni

The Wraith's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wraith's Claw   The Wraith's Claw I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2016, 14:55

Hey mate Smile
Yeah I am waiting on the models coming in. I know it's not super competitive, maelstrom wise. I just thought it could be fun and will catch some people off guard. It's not for a tournament, mainly just to beat a certain skitarii player. I always struggle against him with pure DE, so starting to branch off.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

The Wraith's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wraith's Claw   The Wraith's Claw I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2016, 15:28

Hmm....well you should be aware that, generally speaking, wraith units are bad in CC. The lord and knight will be ok, but the others are vulnerable to being tied up in CC. They get too few attacks, so once they're in CC, they'll probably stay tied up for a long time if they don't die.

I mention this because against skitarii, I know you may end up being assaulted by things that can kill your wraithguard(the wall of death rule helps, but can be avoided by sacrificing a cheap unit).

But either way, let us know how they do once you get them all assembled and on the tabletop! Maybe they'll surprise me! Battle focus is certainly nice, though it'd be better if they were in the craftworld warhost, where they automatically ran 6". But that MIGHT make them quick enough to make the list work well, with a bit of luck on run rolls.
Back to top Go down
kuni
Hellion
kuni

The Wraith's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wraith's Claw   The Wraith's Claw I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2016, 02:27

Thanks for your input Smile I'll get back to you and let you know how they go Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Wraith's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wraith's Claw   The Wraith's Claw I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wraith's Claw
Page 1 of 1