THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Aspect Army 1850

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

Eldar Aspect Army 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Aspect Army 1850   Eldar Aspect Army 1850 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2016, 22:00

Pale Courts Battlehost

Aspect Lord-shrine

3x Fire Dragon squads

Halls of Martial Splendour

Autarch w/fusion gun, scorpion blade

Aspect Host
+1 bs
3x 3 dark reapers w/2 eml

Aspect Host
+1 ws
3x 5 striking scorpions w/3 claws

Aspect Host
+1 bs
2x 6 swooping hawks
1x 5 warp spiders

Engines of Vaul
3x Falcons w/brightlance, holo

any info or advice to help improve this list would be great, once again im not sure whether or not to place this in the army list sub-forum or the allies forum. thank you for your time!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Aspect Army 1850   Eldar Aspect Army 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 01:57

Disclaimer: I haven't checked the points cost of all these units for accuracy.

That said, this is actually a fairly well thought-out beta strike list, but there are a few possible problems.

First, they changed the way grenades work in assault in the recent Draft FAQ. If they don't change in back in the final draft, then the swooping hawks are going to lose a lot of their value.

Second, it seems like between the dark reapers and striking scorpions you'll have some decent saves, with presumably 2+ cover saves on the scorpions and 3+ armour on both of them while you await the arrival of the falcons carrying the fire dragons. That said, they're still T3, so they'll fold under weight of fire, especially against something like Tau that can potentially ignore cover on the scorpions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My suggestion would be to consider adding the "disciples of Vaul" choice to your pale courts battlehost to add some T7 vaul's wrath batteries to your army. This will give you some much needed staying power to ensure you don't get tabled while you're waiting for your falcons to arrive. 2 units of vibro cannons and a unit of shadow weavers would basically replace the offensive roles of the hawks and the spiders, albeit with static gun positions.

If you wait to find out what they're going to do with the grenades ruling and they rule in favor of multiple grenades in assault, I'd probably withdraw my suggestion and say the list is pretty solid as-is.

EDIT: Finding a way to put a wraithknight or D-scythe wraithguard into the list might not be a horrible idea. My question to you is this: What are you going to do against a wraithknight? The most simple solution is another wraithknight, or D-weapons, neither of which you're currently running.
Back to top Go down
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Aspect Army 1850   Eldar Aspect Army 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 09:19

good point, i must ask for a 1500 point list. what is your take on replacing the fire dragons with dire avengers and removing the two aspect host's of the striking scorpions and dark reapers, also replacing a squad of swooping hawks with a squad of x4 dark reapers- exarch w/eml? oh and also a wraithknight and fire prism. Im not entirely sure. I do have a wraithknight and a vibro-cannon platform.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Aspect Army 1850   Eldar Aspect Army 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 18:41

I'd probably go with a hornet instead of a fire prism, if you can. Cheaper and more firepower.

As for dropping the fire dragons...I think if you're going to do that, the list requires a complete redesign. Pretty much the only reason to ever take 3 falcons in a unit together is to deliver infantry without scattering. Otherwise, you're better off taking them separately, or even not at all, since in a single unit they all have to fire at the same thing.

Basically, the fire dragons in the non-scattering falcons with an autarch to ensure their arrival is the glue that holds this list together, and makes it a cohesive plan. If you change that core element, I'd basically just write a new list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Aspect Army 1850   Eldar Aspect Army 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Aspect Army 1850
Page 1 of 1