THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Battle report (boardwipe)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellraiser
In Exile

Battle report (boardwipe) Empty
PostSubject: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 23:04

Observe: There were some minor turbulence with rules in the game.

One day at a battlefield the Angels met a gruesome end...

Armies

My side:

Warriors x5 + cannon (In venom)
Warriors x5 (on foot)
Wyches x9 and Succubus (In Raider)
Scourges x5
6 grots + HQ w. webway portal
2 Talos pain engines

Enemy side:

Librarian
2x6 marines in Razortanks w. lascannons
Bikers x3
Devastators x10
Terminators x5 w. Thunder hammers

Field

Middle: Ruins of a city
Left flank: Tower
Right flank: Large building and some cover

Objective positions:
Lower left flank, middle, upper right flank.

Deployment
Won the initiative roll, which gave me a huge advantage.

Deployed scourges along with talosi and footed warriors on left flank. Deployed skimmers on right flank. This split my opponent. He now had to focus on both sides.

Opponent deployed his tanks in the middle. He deployed devastators and bikers on (my) right flank.

Outcome

Turn 1, me:
Units on left flank move out. Venom moves to building, unseen.

Opponent:
Moves bikers and tanks. Kills a warrior.

Turn 2, me:
Grots deep strike in front of devastators. Scourges take position in tower on left flank. They now reach the inner city. Talosi move in cover. Venom fires at bikers.
Casualties: 2 bikers.

Opponent:
Disembarks one unit and fires devastators at grots, inflicting seven wounds after FNP. Three wounds heal due to it will not die special rule.

Turn 3, me:
Scourges kill razortank in the inner city. Talosi assault it's troops. Grots assault devastators. Venom fires at disembarked troops. Raider then snipes troop, killing enemy warlord.lol!
Casualties: 2 devastators, 5 marines, razor, librarian.

Opponent:
Terminators deep strike to my grots. Razor move to battle my talosi. Grots kills remaining devastators.
Casualties: 3 devastators.

Turn 4, me:
Scourges move into cover in the city. Talosi kill a tank. Grots kill remaining devastators. Venom fires.
Casualties: Razor, biker, 5 devastators.

Opponent:
Assaults grots. Kills one. Assaults talosi with five marines on the middle objective.
Casualties: 1 grot, three marines.

Turn 5, me:
Raider moves to disembark wyches at terminators. Combat.
Casualties: 2 terminators, two marines.

Opponent: Combat: Terminators against my grots. They inflict wounds but my grots regenerate.
Casualties: 3 terminators.

Turn 6:

My succubus taints the last of the terminators. She gives him a shot at killing her. He swings his axe and she evades. He suffers twelve wounds from the grots, dying at my succubus feet.

Summary

My casualties: 1 warrior, 1 grot

Enamy casualties: Everything

Last edited by Hellraiser on Mon Jun 27 2016, 16:09; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 03:10

Congratulations!

That said, Your opponent's list is awful, and I'm pretty sure you were running the "It will not die" rule wrong. It doesn't get rolled until the END of your ENTIRE TURN, and only if models are still alive to heal. So that time where his devastators did 7 wounds to your grots after FnP? Yeah, three died and you just didn't remove them. You'd have only been able to heal 1 of those 7 wounds, and that only would happen on a 5+ on a single dice.

For some reason, I feel like you'd hate me after 1 game with me, becayse I'd completely alter your perception of this game in an afternoon, haha. Wink
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 04:48

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Yeah, three died and you just didn't remove them. You'd have only been able to heal 1 of those 7 wounds, and that only would happen on a 5+ on a single dice.

Grots have 3 wounds so two are removed not three but yes only a single wound would have been rolled for, using it will not die, as only one model remained with a wound inflicted on it at the end of the turn.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 06:03

CurstAlchemist wrote:
BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Yeah, three died and you just didn't remove them. You'd have only been able to heal 1 of those 7 wounds, and that only would happen on a 5+ on a single dice.

Grots have 3 wounds so two are removed not three but yes only a single wound would have been rolled for, using it will not die, as only one model remained with a wound inflicted on it at the end of the turn.

Good catch!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 08:33

Sounds like a whole stack of errors to me - in addition to the it will not die mistake identified above, razorbacks can only carry 6 marines, so your opponent wouldn't have been able to deploy the tactical squads in full inside them.

As betray has already pointed out, the list you were facing seems almost like it's designed to be uncompetitive, and there's no way your Talos should have been able to get near the tanks let alone assault their passengers on turn 3.

What weapons were the devastators carrying?
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 13:32

One error - it will not die is rolled in the end of the entire turn. Correct.

- The grots took seven wounds before FnP.

- By the time my talos intercepted his tank at turn three it had moved 18", ignoring cover and then assaulted 8".

- Devastators had three lasguns and a plasma cannon. One lasgun was strick down in turn 2.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 16:56

Basically what I'm saying is that this battle report sounds like a pipe dream. Almost every step of the way doesn't sound like how it would actually play out, as per my own experience with the game. It's just a really strange account of a match, and doesn't seem to add up, leading one to believe several mistakes have been made here.

But maybe we just can't see the brilliance of your plan through text. Next time, you should do a video batrep so we can actually SEE what's happening! Wink
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 18:20

Cruor Mulciber wrote:
- The grots took seven wounds before FnP.

In the report you said: "Disembarks one unit and fires devastators at grots, inflicting seven wounds after FNP. Three wounds heal due to it will not die special rule."

So you miss typed and it should have been seven before FnP was taken? And if three wounds were inflicted to be healed they should have all been placed on the same miniature and that miniature would have been removed as a casualty as he was brought down to zero wounds before it will not die even came into play. Where you using the it will not die as a saving throw after armor and FnP?

To try and make it clear how the rule would work: If we say that 5 wounds were inflicted and you removed one grot miniature (three on one model dies), only one dice would be rolled as only one miniature was not removed as a casualty, and is below their starting wounds and only one wound would be regenerated. If two groups of Grots were in combat and a grot in each of these units was below their starting wounds, then you would role a single dice for one grot in group 1 and a single dice for the other grot in group 2 to see if those grots regenerated a single wound with a 5+ result.

The only way I can think of where you could have regenerated three wounds would of been to have three units with it will not die and have a model beneath their starting wounds in each of those units.

Of course if I've got something wrong please correct me, I'm not infallible myself.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 20:36

It will not die kicks in Turn 4 - or Turn 3 if you have a Haemonculus or Urien so rolling for it on T2 is incorrect. As pointed out it is done at the end of an entire game turn thereafter and most importantly only models who are still alive on the table are eligible to use the rule.

There are a few mistakes that require minor tweaks;
- your army list says "Grotesquerie" but you only state you have one unit of 6 Grots. Go back and read over how the unit is composed.
- Transport capacity of the Razorbacks is 6.
- what transport did the Devastators have
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2016, 23:04

I have recently picked up the new codex so there will be a some errors that will soon fall into place. My apologies for any turbulence.

Quote :
Disembarks one unit and fires devastators at grots, inflicting seven wounds after FNP. Three wounds heal due to it will not die special rule.
True. Never mind. Must have mixed things up.

Quote :
There are a few mistakes that require minor tweaks
- Grots deployed as one unit. This would have left them without the coven chart and "It will not die". However, they would still profit from the FnP rule from the turn they deep striked.

- Devs deployed on foot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle report (boardwipe)   Battle report (boardwipe) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle report (boardwipe)
Page 1 of 1