THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Battle report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellraiser
In Exile

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 20:02

It was a highly anticipated battle to be held. The Dark Eldar had been launching raids on the star system, the Chaos Forces dwelling in their fortifications. At least, the Chaos armies assembled for a massive counter-charge to stop the Dark Eldar onslaught...

Armies: 1200p. Length: Five turns. Said rule: Aircraft deploys on the field

My side:

Warlord: Lelith

Raider/8 Kabs
Venom/5 Kabs
Venom/5 Trueborn/2 cannons/Racks
Venom/4 Incubi/Klaivex
Razorwing/Lances/Shatterfield missiles

Coven:
Haemonculus/portal clown
4 grots
Talos Engine of Pain/Injector

Enemy side:

Kharn, The Betrayer
Chaos Lord

Rhino/10 Berzerkers
Rhino/9 Berzerkers
Rhino/9 Berzerkers

Helldrake

Battlefield:

Spire in centre of the field. Two fortifications at each side with objectives.

Deployment: I started deployment behind cover. Lelith deployed with incubi in Venom on the left side with Talos and Raider. The remaining Venoms deployed on the right side. Haemonculus with grots in reserve.

Opponent deployed his rhinos packed up together.

Turn 1

Opponent managed to seize the initiative. Rhinos made an aggressive flat-out move 24" to take the center of the field, taking an objective followed up by the Helldrake.

Me: All in or nothing. The enemy was playing more aggressive than i had thought. So I answered with a supersonic move to the right side of the field from my Razorwing. A venom followed up, ending in cover 18" from Kharne and his unit. A perfect bait.

Turn 2

Kharne and his unit disembarked to fire at the Venom. One tank moved to take the objective at the left side closest to me. One tank moved flat-out towards the left objective at my side. The Helldrake fired, immobilizing my raider. Two rhinos were now in the middle.

Me: Moved Venoms and Razor into firing position. I dropped the shatterfield bombs on the unit, inflicting 14 wounds, killing four. Then my venoms spewed their poison, killing five. My Incubi moved towards the building on the left far side of the field. Talos assaults tank, wrecking it.

Casualties: 9 Berzerkers  

Turn 3

Khorne Berzerkers attack my Talos. Three of them are killed and they inflict one wound. Kharn embarks his Rhino, holding objective. One rhino goes to counter my move with Incubi to the objective on the far left side. Helldrake flames my venom, inflicting a hull point. His army is now divided. This is where I want him.

Me: Grots deep strike at objective that is held by Kharn. Haemonculi screaming: KILL ME! KILL ME! Incubi move to my Talos, leaving objective for the enemy. Trueborn move behind the building on his right side. My other venom claims objective at my right side.

Casualties: 4 Berzerkers

Turn 4

Kharn leaves the tank, slaying the haemonculi with his chain axe. Note: Fictional combat sequence. He is locked in combat. Talos passes wounds and kills two berzerkers.

Me: Disembarks Kabalites from immobilized raider, snatching the objective. Talos is slain and takes the last berzerkers with him. Incubi awaiting.

Casualties: 6 berzerkers, Talos

Final turn

Opponent admits that I have defeated him. Kharn kills one grot and wounds one. One rhino is holding an objective.

My trueborn slide in to contest the objective from Kharne's rhino. My Incubi slide in to take the last open objective.

Three objectives are now held by DE, one is contested and one is held by Chaos.

Score total DE - Chaos: 9-4
Total casualties: 18 berzerkers, Rhino, Talos

Last edited by Hellraiser on Fri Jul 08 2016, 15:57; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 20:33

How was your razorwing on the field in turn 1?

But other than potential mistakes that were made, where you find these opponents man? That chaos list is awful. A bunch of basically melee-only units in non-assault vehicles with no way of dealing with opposing vehicles. How would they possibly expect to deal with skimmers or tau?
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 23:36

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
How was your razorwing on the field in turn 1?

But other than potential mistakes that were made, where you find these opponents man? That chaos list is awful. A bunch of basically melee-only units in non-assault vehicles with no way of dealing with opposing vehicles. How would they possibly expect to deal with skimmers or tau?

Betray... Always yearning for something else. If the opponent's army would have been less awful. If you would have had another list. If you made a mistake...

What is it you truly want?

This was an ordinary setup with the said rule that both of our aircraft deployed in the field. Smile
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 01:03

Aircraft deploying in the field isn't normal. Troops assaulting out of non-assault vehicles isn't normal. People taking lists with no way of dealing with enemy vehicles at all isn't normal. I'm legitimately curious as to who your opponent is. You should direct him to a site to help him not choose terrible lists, and learn the rules.

If you're writing batreps that are works of fiction, and should be read as such, with a healthy dose of fluff, you should notate them as such so that there isn't confusion. If you have "Work of Fiction" prominently displayed at the top of the post, and post it in an appropriate area for that sort of thing, you won't have to worry about me critiquing your post. Otherwise, I'm going to ensure that your posts don't spread false ideas of rules and unit power like a disease to random people who might read them and fall under the same delusions you must be under.
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 02:26

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Aircraft deploying in the field isn't normal.

We discussed this earlier.

Quote :
Troops assaulting out of non-assault vehicles isn't normal. People taking lists with no way of dealing with enemy vehicles at all isn't normal. I'm legitimately curious as to who your opponent is. You should direct him to a site to help him not choose terrible lists, and learn the rules.

I will have to hold my opponent responsible for this. After all, these are things that comes down to his force and his decisions. Give me the agoniser and I will talk with him about this. I'm sure he will understand.

Quote :
If you're writing batreps that are works of fiction, and should be read as such, with a healthy dose of fluff, you should notate them as such so that there isn't confusion. If you have "Work of Fiction" prominently displayed at the top of the post, and post it in an appropriate area for that sort of thing, you won't have to worry about me critiquing your post. Otherwise, I'm going to ensure that your posts don't spread false ideas of rules and unit power like a disease to random people who might read them and fall under the same delusions you must be under.

This is a fully reasonable statement. Though I think a "Said rule" note covers most of this.

My venoms moved around without it's passangers having to touch the ground. Honestly, won't you even give a single shred of admittance that those maneuvers were rather fancy? Wink
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 03:46

Hellraiser wrote:

My venoms moved around without it's passangers having to touch the ground. Honestly, won't you even give a single shred of admittance that those maneuvers were rather fancy? Wink

Bearing in mind all the other things, this is the equivalent to bragging about beating up a quadriplegic.

Like I said, if you're going to write fiction, clearly mark it as such so that I won't waste my time correcting it, and bother you with my stuffy "rules".
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 13:15

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:

Bearing in mind all the other things, this is the equivalent to bragging about beating up a quadriplegic.

Like I said, if you're going to write fiction, clearly mark it as such so that I won't waste my time correcting it, and bother you with my stuffy "rules".

How unsportsmanlike of you!

Other than that, fiction should be posted in the fiction section. So you won't mislead new players to post their fiction in the Battle reports section!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 19:25

Dude, what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle report   Battle report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle report
Page 1 of 1