THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair Prince loadout

Go down 
+3
BetrayTheWorld
Darkgreen Pirate
Jimsolo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Corsair Prince loadout Empty
PostSubject: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 23:22

Corsair Princes on a bike get a free weapon choice between twin linked lasblasters (24" S3 AP5 Assault 3), twin linked splinter rifles (24" (Poison 4+) AP 5 Rapid Fire), and twin linked shuriken catapult (12" S4 AP5 Assault 2 Psuedo-rending).

Which do you think is best? If you need context, he's going in with an Eldar Seer Council armed with Singing Spears.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 23:39

I would lean to the Catapult. It keeps the unit consistent, and you wont be tempted to shoot something when you ought to be turbo boosting. Not a real spear fan either- a single str 9 shooting attack at 12" inches is rather lackluster imho, especially if you have to jink. The twin linked catapults do work.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 00:38

Well, it isn't a single S9 shooting attack, it's 9 of them, just as an aside. As the list lacks anti armor, a 5 pt upgrade that gives me a S9 attack on a unit as mobile as the bikes is pretty useful. Given their HIGH mobility, the range isn't that much of an issue.

(Although, add more weight against them for you: the Spear's range isn't 12", it's 9"!)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 00:55

Jimsolo wrote:

(Although, add more weight against them for you: the Spear's range isn't 12", it's 9"!)

No, they're definitely 12" range. But I'd agree with keeping it consistent with the catapult.

I'm actually a big fan of singing spears for cracking vehicles, but I also normally go for gate of infinity on my spear squads so that I can teleport all the way across the table and still use them.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 01:04

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

No, they're definitely 12" range. But I'd agree with keeping it consistent with the catapult.

I'm actually a big fan of singing spears for cracking vehicles, but I also normally go for gate of infinity on my spear squads so that I can teleport all the way across the table and still use them.

Embarassed It would appear you're right.

Do you think the catapult is the best weapon, or are you just arguing for uniformity?
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 01:41

I'd go with the catapult, it's an extra dice towards getting 6's for Bladestorm, unless you think you're going against lots of T5 or higher in which case Splinter rifle instead.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 05:42

The prince already comes with a brace of pistols, so he can fire those instead with what is essentially the same profile as a shuriken catapult. You can always have him shoot first if uniformity is a problem.

Wouldn't it make sense to go with one of the other two to give him options?
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 06:19

If you wanted him to have the maximum amount of variety then you would just go with the twin-linked lasblasters wouldn't you, the bike with lasblasters, and brace of pistols can be either duel shuriken pistols or duel splinter pistols as needed.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 09:47

Chances are you would never want to shoot one gun at 24" range. If that is the case, TL Shuriken Catapults will hit 35/36 instead of the Brace of Pistols 31/36, and are the best choice.

If you think you would want to shoot at targets 12-24" away, the Lasblaster is better up to T4, the same at T5 or T6 and the Splinter Rifle is better at T7 and above. That seems like a win for the Lasblaster in most cases.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 10:08

Moved to Craftworld Eldar, Harlequins & Corsairs - Count Adhemar

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 01:14

Yeah, actually I forgot he got the brace of pistols deal for free. And since he has 2, it's ALMOST the same profile as the twin-linked catapult. If you want maximum options the lasblaster would be the way to go.

That said, if you're looking for maximum reliability, the twin-linked part of the twin-linked catapult DOES add a touch more reliability to his shots. As Kantalla pointed out, it's the difference between hitting 31/36 shots, or 35/36 shots. Roughly 11% increase in hit percentage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsair Prince loadout   Corsair Prince loadout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair Prince loadout
Page 1 of 1