THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best Suсcubus Loadout

Go down 
+9
False Son
Oaka
Azdrubael
Dalamar
sweetbacon
Count Adhemar
fisheyes
HERO
Skulnbonz
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Best Suсcubus Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 17:36

Hey guys. On a wave of excitment i painted Lelith model in 2 evenings...only to find out she is kinda meh...
So this got me thinking - how to use her as regular Succubus, which is miles better.

So far i seem to come with this loadout for my normal regular Succubi of death.

Succubus, Cult of Strife,Shardnet and Impaler, Precision Blows, Dark Lotus Toxin, +1 Attack Drugs, Master

So this basically gave Succubus with 8 attacks, at S4 AP-2 D3 and each hit roll of 6 will cause 3 mortal wounds. And you have -1 to no escape with her. And you can escape away from combat and fight second time without retaliation for 2 CP.

Basically she will pop a terminator or agressor per 6s to hit and will be a threat to any character. And transhuman cant affect her. My Dark Angels friend will be delighted. Basically two 6s to hit out of 8 is a dead marine character of any kind, if he doesnt have -1 damage or some FnP. And it does affect vehicles, even Titanic ones.

Whats your take on your best Succubus?

Last edited by Azdrubael on Fri Apr 02 2021, 14:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 18:01

Statistically speaking on pure damage output alone Razorflails instead of Shardnet is better. 3.99 mortals wounds vs. 4.66 mortals wounds per single activation.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 18:07

But you wont be killing terminator per 6 or character per 2 sixes. Although 13 attacks have enough chances also. Yeah, thats a good loadout as well.

But il try to mine, since i have Impaler modelled on metal Lelith model.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 19:10

Razorflails, dark lotus and competitive edge seems to be the hot sauce at the moment but I'm willing to bet that one will be smacked down hard in the FAQ.

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 19:14

I am a firm believer in multiple use units.

I am running with tryptich Whip, +1 Attack and Precision blows.
Why?
Because she can mow through mobs, eat marines lunch and with potent metallotoxins can take a leeman russ off the board with minimal effort.

Gotta love it!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 19:16

Skulnbonz wrote:
I am a firm believer in multiple use units.

I am running with tryptich Whip, +1 Attack and Precision blows.
Why?
Because she can mow through mobs, eat marines lunch and with potent metallotoxins can take a leeman russ off the board with minimal effort.

Gotta love it!

Potent Metallotoxins doesn't work with relics.

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 19:33

Count Adhemar wrote:

Potent Metallotoxins doesn't work with relics.
son of a....

well there goes that, guess I will jump on the razorflails/ +1 damage train....

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 19:52

Azdrubael wrote:
Hey guys. On a wave of excitment i painted Lelith model in 2 evenings...only to find out she is kinda meh...
So this got me thinking - how to use her as regular Succubus, which is miles better.

So far i seem to come with this loadout for my normal regular Succubi of death.

Succubus, Cult of Strife,Shardnet and Impaler, Precision Blows, Dark Lotus Toxin, +1 Attack Drugs, Master

So this basically gave Succubus with 8 attacks, at S4 AP-2 D3 and each hit roll of 6 will cause 3 mortal wounds. And you have -1 to no escape with her. And you can escape away from combat and fight second time without retaliation for 2 CP.

Basically she will pop a terminator or agressor per 6s to hit and will be a threat to any character. And transhuman cant affect her. My Dark Angels friend will be delighted. Basically two 6s to hit out of 8 is a dead marine character of any kind, if he doesnt have -1 damage or some FnP. And it does affect vehicles, even Titanic ones.

Whats your take on your best Succubus?

IMO, there's 3, and they're all from Strife. Strife breeds the uberest of Succubi.

1. Competitive Edge + Whip
2. Precision Blows + Razorflail + Dark Lotus
3. Shardnet/Impaler + Dark Lotus + Precision Blows for that sweet dmg3

Honorable mentions: Precision Blows + Whip (anyone can take this)
Blood Glaive + Precision Blows (Red Grief specific), prob will never been seen because this is arguably the weakest Cult atm.

Azdrubael likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 20:06

It seems that people are building around a combination of:

WLT - Percision Blows (MW on 6s to hit)
WLT - Whirling Death (change your A to 3+ the # of models within 2") [Probably the least used]
WLT - Blood Dancer (6's to hit get +2 hits)
WLT - Competitive Edge (anything that fails to wound gets to try again)

Relic - Dark Lotus Toxin (+1S +1D)
Relic - Blood Glave (basically a lower S thunder hammer) [Probably the least used]
Relic - Triptych Whip (+3A, Poison 2+, AP-3, D2)

Really any combination of the above is AMAZING for the 60-75 pt cost. The only real limiting factor is how many HQ slots we get. lol.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 21:19

I just wish they hadn't shut out half the options by limiting them to a specific cult, especially when most of that is further limited by being in day 1 DLC that really isn't worth buying just for 3 pages.

commandersasha, sweetbacon, The Strange Dark One and AzraeI like this post

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 21:29

Count Adhemar wrote:
I just wish they hadn't shut out half the options by limiting them to a specific cult, especially when most of that is further limited by being in day 1 DLC that really isn't worth buying just for 3 pages.

Yeah, total DLC lol.

Another one to consider is the Exquisite Glaive again from the DLC, that Blood Dancer and +1 to wound Glaive with 2D is pretty solid.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 13:51

Out of curiosity, would you have been happier if they had waited 3 months to release the Cult of Strife stuff?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 14:23

No. I'd rather like all the rules for our army to be in one damn place! Or even do what D&D Beyond do and allow you to purchase the individual items digitally rather than having to shell out for a book, 90% of which is of no use or interest to me.

Plus, there's little or no reason for most of that stuff to be locked to Cult of Strife. Why is the 'move through models/terrain' strat something that only Cult of Strife know how to do?

Azdrubael, commandersasha, AzraeI and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 15:08

Yeah, totally agree with the Count. There’s no reason our best strategems and relics should be locked into CoS. That’s what has me more annoyed than the day one DLC (the rules are out there so you don’t need to pay $60 for 3-4 pages). All of those strats should be open to any Wych Cult. As happy as I am with the codex, this is just a dumb, arbitrary decision by GW.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 15:20

I'm also peeved that I bought the new Drukhari datacards and they don't include the CoS stratagems. Indeed, there probably aren't going to be any cards for those strats. Sure, I could make my own but they won't look the same and that really fraks with my OCD. Mad

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 16:13

HERO wrote:

IMO, there's 3, and they're all from Strife. Strife breeds the uberest of Succubi.

Blood Glaive + Precision Blows (Red Grief specific), prob will never been seen because this is arguably the weakest Cult atm.

here is my Honorable mention: Cursed Blade +S drug (or roll), Quicksilver (Stim Addict), Dancer's Edge. S7-8, A6-8, AP-4, D2, sixes to wound no invuln.

Azdrubael and Swordxart like this post

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 17:39

Quote :
here is my Honorable mention: Cursed Blade +S drug (or roll), Quicksilver (Stim Addict), Dancer's Edge. S7-8, A6-8, AP-4, D2, sixes to wound no invuln.

I like it! THis probably wont be FAQd.

Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 18:04

Azdrubael wrote:
Basically two 6s to hit out of 8 is a dead marine character of any kind, if he doesnt have -1 damage or some FnP.

It's better than you think. Each mortal wound is a separate attack at 1D, so any -1D abilities don't work.
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 21:18

Berserk Fugue, Dancer's Blade, Precision Blows, Adrenalight.

7 attacks, S6 -4 AP, 6s to hit cause 2 mortal wounds, and additional hit. 6s to wound bypass invulnerable saves.
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 13:21

HERO wrote:

This is a question that needs a mathhammer thread for it.

I think if metalotoxins worked on relics I would pick your first honourable mention every time but as it stands I cant pick between that and your no. 2.

Would love someone with math skills to crunch these numbers for us against a few different targets!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 13:43

I have what might be a slightly odd question regarding the Succubus:

Let's say I want to take one of the more esoteric artefacts like Traitor's Embrace, Parasite's Kiss, Animus Vitae - basically anything other than the relic melee weapons.

With that in mind, what do you think is the best combination of drug and warlord trait to get the most out of a Succubus' base Glaive?

(Assume any Cult is available.)

I know that Razorflails or Shardnet are probably better but I'm asking about the glaive in case I want to retain a pistol of one sort or other.

Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 15:13

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Let's say I want to take one of the more esoteric artefacts like Traitor's Embrace, Parasite's Kiss, Animus Vitae - basically anything other than the relic melee weapons.

With that in mind, what do you think is the best combination of drug and warlord trait to get the most out of a Succubus' base Glaive?

I know that Razorflails or Shardnet are probably better but I'm asking about the glaive in case I want to retain a pistol of one sort or other.

The fundamental problem with the standard Glaive is thats its D1. There are two relics that replace the Glaive and provide D2 so both of those are solid options for relics.

If you don’t want to go for a relic upgrade as you mentioned then you are stuck at D1. At that point you have two options. A more defensive Succubus that’s harder to hit or deals mortals wounds back from saving throws or you go for a build that ups the number of attacks.

You could consider a Cursed Blade Succubus +1S, with the Quicksilver Trait for +2A and then take +1A from drugs. That gives you 9 S6 attacks so wounding GEQ on 2’s. That still leaves room for a relic.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 16:00

Soulless Samurai wrote:

So... there's this annoying succubus from Strife (again!) that's -1 hit and wound, AND you have a Relic that can halve their attacks AND your attacks always hit.

Seems.. annoying Razz

Otherwise, I'd just take Blood Dancer + Exquisite Glaive.

Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 16:10

I really want to run a Cursed Blade Succubus with Shardnet and Impaler, Treacherous Deciever and Traitor's Embrace.

It just looks so fun to launch at people and force them to deal with
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03 2021, 00:30

Yziel wrote:
I really want to run a Cursed Blade Succubus with Shardnet and Impaler, Treacherous Deciever and Traitor's Embrace.

It just looks so fun to launch at people and force them to deal with

Lol you actually want to be taking as many wounds as possible so that you have to roll as many saves as possible!

Let’s hope all the cool Succubus builds don’t get hit with the nerf bat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Suсcubus Loadout   Best Suсcubus Loadout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Suсcubus Loadout
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next