THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Where to start?

Go down 
+2
CurstAlchemist
Lupefi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 03:11

Where should i start with the fluff? Ive already read everything in the codex, the supplement and the painting guide. What should i read next?
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 03:29

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dark_Eldar_(Novel_Series)
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 03:32

I cant access that page for some reason. It keeps redirecting me and saying there was a dns server error

Edit: the link worked fine on my mac. Thanks man. Im assuming you read them? Are they any good?
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 04:19

It's on my pile of books to read, most people I've talked to who have read them liked them but truthfully aside from some short stories it is pretty much all we have in the way of novels.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 04:21

Whats the best of all the fluff novels?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 04:27

I also haven't read them, though I should. I wonder if I can get them on audiobooks....

Anyhow, I've heard path of the incubus is good.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 04:28

Its only 1.09 usd on amazon right now
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 04:31

I don't see it that cheap on amazon, but I do see one for under 5 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 04:34

I juat got one dor 1.09 from somewhere in NJ
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 04:52

Forgot that Dark Eldar also feature in the Novel Valedor. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Valedor_(Novel)
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 11:28

I hope this helps: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2356-the-black-library

Where to start? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 17:10

Sadly no audiobooks to be had. I do a lot of driving, so that'd be a perfect way for me to take in some DE audiobooks.
Back to top Go down
Elvellyn
Hellion
Elvellyn

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2016, 09:28

If you get the Path of the Dark Eldar (Omnibus) it contains all 3 of the short stories (The Treasures of Biel-Tanigh, Murder on the Street of Knives and Bellathonis and the Shadow King) at the appropriate place in the timeline of the main novels (Path of the Renegade, Path of the Incubus and Path of the Archon). I don't know if they are included in the separate novels. Honestly i think the Bellathonis story should have been at the beginning, but it keeps you reading hoping more information will be revealed.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the short stories as well as the Path of the Renegade and Incubus. I just started Path of the Archon last night, first chapter was good and want to keep reading. There was 1 slow spot somewhere in there where i put the book down for a week or so but once your through it your hooked to the end. I love all of the characters in it, the story, how they behave and interact. Andy does an amazing job of bringing Dark Eldar society to life.

Also don't forget about The Torturers Tale! While its no longer cannon it is an awesome story and captures the essence of Dark Eldar perfectly. (This was put out by GW long ago but they removed it from their site as the fluff evolved, you'll notice some of the facts no longer make sense.)
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2016, 21:07

Yeah, the DE trilogy are the only thing we have. But I think what we don't have in quantity, we make up in quality. I found all 3 books to have very strong and colourful characters, as well as an intriguing overall story arc.

Personally, I found path of the Incubi a bit weak on the story, but it really shines in terms of characters. Best of all is that the novels basically cover all of Commorragh. Cults, Kabals, Covens, Incubi, the difference between high- and low-Commorragh and even the shadow realm of the Mandrakes.

Apart from that, I've also heard that there were some excellent fan stories, one that is said to be good is the following: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10323932/1/Ilmaea-A-Novel-of-the-Dark-Eldar
However, I haven't read it by myself, yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to start?   Where to start? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to start?
Page 1 of 1