THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes

Go down 
+14
Cherrycoke
Ynneadwraith
Count Adhemar
Bnaca
Scrz
gvcolor
spellcheck2001
Lord_Alino
Cavash
Korazell
Amheir-ka
CurstAlchemist
The_Burning_Eye
Kantalla
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 21:17

With the Wraithknight I liked the idea of the lightning emanating from the gem on the chest, and that naturally led down the arms and legs, and not so much over the back. I will think about adding some extra to the back. The angle of the back photo is probable the only one where you couldn't see lightning, as a small rotation either direction would show the lightning on the legs.

As for the light-blue (Lightning Blue FWIW) strikes... they are there, just not showing up so much on the photos for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 11:17

After nearly a couple of weeks... some progress

First batch of Windriders are done:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160817
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160818
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160821

Here is the Lightning Host so far
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160820

Next up Wraithguard (which were part of the plan to be finished by the end of August).

Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 16:24

Looking awesome - Love it!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 17:11

I love the simplicity needed to paint it (I say simplicity but the fact you can paint white that well makes you a god) It looks so great!
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 17:45

They are turning out very nicely. Great work.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31 2016, 09:45

Cheers all for the positive comments. Really looking forward to getting it complete to the point of playing with all new models.

Lord_Alino wrote:
I love the simplicity needed to paint it (I say simplicity but the fact you can paint white that well makes you a god) It looks so great!
Painting white is really hard. I have ended up with about 10 layers on the helmets to get a fairly even and solid white. The Wraithknight shoulders I forgot to spray a little bit to waste with a new spray can and ended up with some clumps of paint there. Thankfully the photos don't show that my white painting is actually not that flash. Just don't inspect them too closely Smile

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03 2016, 11:01

Great army shot. It looks very striking when all seen together. Awesome army Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2016, 06:57

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Great army shot. It looks very striking when all seen together.  Awesome army Smile

Oh dear Vect, let this be a pun!
Also, good job on the paint Kantalla.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 15:12

It's been a slow month of painting so far, but we have a new addition to the Lightning Host - some D-Scythe Wraithguard:

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160910
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160911
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160912

And an updated army shot - still need to decide what to add to the Wraithknight base
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160913

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 16:43

The black bolts are a neat touch, although why not the light-blue like you did on some models. (Not nitpicking, as I think they're pretty good)
Back to top Go down
Bnaca
Slave
Bnaca

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 17:01

Very interesting colour scheme for Dark Eldar...
But I'm on board with it!
Very dynamic and striking (see what I did there? lightning, striking... badoom tsh)

-Bnaca
Back to top Go down
http://teen40k.blogspot.co.uk/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 02:34

Bnaca wrote:
Very interesting colour scheme for Dark Eldar...
But I'm on board with it!
Very dynamic and striking (see what I did there? lightning, striking... badoom tsh)

-Bnaca

DE?! I thought these were Eldar! Razz
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 08:59

Lord_Alino wrote:
And we can't even get away with calling them pointy ears as the Wraithguard are somewhat lacking in that department!

Was your suggestion going with the light blue on the white helms for the lightning? Wouldn't that lack a bit of contrast?

Back to top Go down
Bnaca
Slave
Bnaca

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 11:45

Lord_Alino wrote:

Based on the models, it's part DE and part Eldar.
I'm assuming though that he is combining them into an allied force.
Back to top Go down
http://teen40k.blogspot.co.uk/
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 12:14

Bnaca wrote:
Based on the models, it's part DE and part Eldar.
I'm assuming though that he is combining them into an allied force.

If we want to be technical it would be just Eldar as all Eldar factions (Eldar Corsairs, Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, Exodites) are of the Eldar race and his pictures consist of a combination of Craftworld Eldar and Dark Eldar. I know many people say Eldar and mean CWE but personally I find it a bit annoying as they aren't the only Eldar faction in the game.

@Kantalla I think they have turned out great. I think that the lighting adds a lot of unique character to the army.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 12:56

Kantalla wrote:
Lord_Alino wrote:
And we can't even get away with calling them pointy ears as the Wraithguard are somewhat lacking in that department!

Was your suggestion going with the light blue on the white helms for the lightning? Wouldn't that lack a bit of contrast?

Yeah, that was my original thought but black lightning instead of blue works better for contrast and doesn't really look bad
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2016, 10:13

Minor update - the first of the Lightning Dragons is painted, with the rest of the squad in progress:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160916
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20160915

I was a bit torn with these guys whether to stick with the colour scheme, or use traditional Fire Dragons colours. In the end I decided Dire Avenger camouflage was not such a bad thing.

Fire Dragon models are a bit disappointing though. All except the Exarch are two dimensional single piece models, making them much less dynamic. If I get another squad at some point, I will need to find a suitable conversion option.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2016, 10:30

Kantalla wrote:
Fire Dragon models are a bit disappointing though. All except the Exarch are two dimensional single piece models, making them much less dynamic. If I get another squad at some point, I will need to find a suitable conversion option.

I still use the original metal Fire Dragon models and they're not exactly dynamic!

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2016, 04:51

The Lightning Dragons are painted:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161010

Accompanied by the Archon who will be their normal delivery service.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 12:26

Second Venom done. Lightning patterns definitely getting better.

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161015
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161014
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161013

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 21:26

Definitely Smile they look really realistic. Nice work Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 23:13

They're really eyecatching, I really like your last venom especially, your whites are quite crisp and clean, it's a problem colour for many.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2016, 08:47

Well, the tournament I was preparing the army for has happened over the last weekend. I have a few extra progress shots and a sad tale to tell...

I had planned this army back about six months ago, and went to the local store to order the models in. About a week later most of the army arrived and I started painting. However, two Ravagers and a unit of Windriders weren't in stock. Apparently GW had introduced a new system and for whatever reason, the models weren't dispatched until October, and didn't arrive in time for the tournament. I basically didn't have anything to paint for October, and had to use some old models and borrowed bikes to field the army.

So the sum total of my painting for October and the start of November was finishing the Venom above, Wraithknight base, a Succubus and basic display board. Wish the whole list was done for the tournament though.

Succubus pics:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161113
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161111
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161110

You can see the interlopers disrupting an otherwise consistent colour scheme:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 20161112

Will put a battle report up soon.

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2016, 19:38

Ooooh! I had to stop by and say how great does your army look! Love your scheme and your work. It strikes me (pun intended) as very natural. The shade of blue you are using is beautiful. I almost smell the ozone... :-)
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 07:55

Thank you kind Sir. I have just received the new model Ravagers to replace the two on the board above, and will look to add those over the next few weeks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next