THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Pt Lightning Fast List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

1850 Pt Lightning Fast List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Pt Lightning Fast List   1850 Pt Lightning Fast List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 03:21

HQ - Pt: 255
Baron Sathonyx - Attatched to 4X Hellion and 1X Helliarch - Pt: 105
Archon - Blast Pistol. Husk Blade, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs - Attatched to a squad of Trueborn in Venom - PT:150

TROOP - 589
5X Hellion +1X Helliarch - Splinter Pistol, Agoniser - Pt: 121
4X Hellion +1X Helliarch - Splinter Pistol, Agoniser - Pt: 105

ELITE - Pt: 519

4X Trueborn - 4X Blaster - In Venom with Flickerfield and 2X Splinter Cannon - PT:173
4X Trueborn - 4X Blaster - In Venom with Flickerfield and 2X Splinter Cannon - PT:173

HEAVY SUPPORT - Pt:48

Razorwing Jetfighter - Two Darklances, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle, Flickerfield, 4X monosythe missiles - Pt:155
Razorwing Jetfighter - Two Darklances, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle, Flickerfield, 4X monosythe missiles - Pt:155
Razorwing Jetfighter - Two Darklances, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle, Flickerfield, 4X shatterfield missiles - Pt: 175

a total of 1849 Points, what do you think?

WHAT I HAVE OF THIS ARMY
1X Jet Fighter
12 X Trueborn
1X Arcon

I need to buy some hellions and venoms, and 2 fighters. How is the list?

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pt Lightning Fast List   1850 Pt Lightning Fast List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 16:51

I dont like It. I think your troops arent durable enough, I think you dont have enough darklight T1, I just think the idea of the army is flawed.

That being said try it out yourself and see how it works for you, but I really dont think it will
Back to top Go down
jake hartley
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pt Lightning Fast List   1850 Pt Lightning Fast List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 19:58

If i were you id save money and not buy any more fliers or hellions and get yourself some warriors if you don`t already have some. the Barron could be used better with some beast-masters for his special rules. Also i would spend the money saved on more venoms for warriors/witches and if you have any i would make raiders into ravagers or just buy ravagers. They give more anti-tank for more turns and could do anti infantry if you really wanted them too with disintegrator cannons. However venoms or raiders with splinter racks do anti infantry just fine.
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pt Lightning Fast List   1850 Pt Lightning Fast List I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 00:10

Allright, i have some things i'd like to say, and i'd like it to be constructive.

1. Hellions will usually not work in just 5 man squads, if you had about 15-20 in one squad it might be worth taking one unit of them. Just to put a little in perspective, you've got 100 points just in agonisers across your army. However, i'd say the points used on the hellions can be better utilised elsewhere, like a beastmaster unit.

2. Why drugs on the archon when he is with a Blasterborn unit? and the Blast Pistol is only 6" range if i recall correctly, while blasters are 18" range, i don't think the blast pistol will make much of a difference in this case.
Why no soul trap on the archon when you've bothered with the Huskblade?

3. I don't think 3 Razorwing Jetfighters are that good. I kind of like the voidraven better, but that is me i guess. Also, 3 flyers is expensive for often being out of the game for a round or two. I think some more presence on the table would make it harder on your opponent as he has to choose more carefully what to prioritize.

4. You want lightning fast? Reavers are very fast.

5. why does your last razorwing cost 175?

Well, sorry if that was a bit harsh, but i wanted to throw in my thoughts.

In the end it is your army, and if you really like it because of it being fluffy then why not?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pt Lightning Fast List   1850 Pt Lightning Fast List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 21:53

oh god, its not ment to win tournaments XD, my army for winning tournaments is here -
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5833-1850-pt-competitive-list#63596
and the last razorwing has different missiles
Back to top Go down
dokclaw
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pt Lightning Fast List   1850 Pt Lightning Fast List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 01:53

I think Hellions only work in huge units. Poison shooting is terrifying when you have 24+ shots at BS4, but not when you have 10 (per squad). MSU is difficult to pull off for DE, because they rely on killing units to stay alive (to get FNP), and Hellions just die way too easily unless they can sit in good cover (which is dangerous terrain). In MSU builds you kill a unit, then only 5 models get a pain token. Crying or Very sad If you have a big squad you can overkill something, and whilst you may have wasted a few shot, you now have a pain token on 15+ models. Sweet.

Personally, I'd drop 5-10 Hellions and all the agonisers and merge them into 1 squad, then drop the Archon and one squad of Trueborn to get some warriors in raiders. Shoehorn some points for more dark lances, as well? I can't comment on the efficacy of the flyers, but I would certainly think about replacing one of them with either a ravager with lances, or a voidraven.

Looking at the models you already have though, I would have a bit more of a think about how to build an effective army around them, with the understanding that you probably need long range anti-tank, lots of anti-infantry and scoring units with some durability (Dark Eldar are rarely actually durable...)

My two pence, hopefully you find it of some use!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pt Lightning Fast List   1850 Pt Lightning Fast List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Pt Lightning Fast List
Page 1 of 1