THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes

Go down 
+14
Cherrycoke
Ynneadwraith
Count Adhemar
Bnaca
Scrz
gvcolor
spellcheck2001
Lord_Alino
Cavash
Korazell
Amheir-ka
CurstAlchemist
The_Burning_Eye
Kantalla
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ricardus
Hellion
Ricardus

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2016, 08:34

Particularly love your KW and Reavers, each colour blends so well with one another, this kind of stormy blue really stands out!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01 2017, 22:49

Thanks Ricardus. That's a nice reminder it is time to do some more painting after getting really busy at the end of last year.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04 2017, 23:07

Been way to long without any painting progress - but at long last here is a WIP Ravager:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20171113
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20171112

I have changed the lightning pattern a little, so it is going vertically rather than along the vehicle, and think the glow is looking a little better too.

There were a couple of disasters with the thorns, with one of them breaking and having to get glued back together, which means it doesn't properly align with the mounting points. I also had a bit too much glue come out and marked the paint in a couple of places.

Reasonably happy with how it is looking, given how out of practice my painting is.

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 05 2017, 10:49

Your army looks fantastic, really nice work on everything (assembly, paint, color scheme, etc) Very Happy

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 07 2017, 16:59

Thanks masamune. Always appreciate positive comments, especially from someone who is clearly a rather more proficient painter than I am (much respect for an army with lots of white in it!).

Here is a little more progress - crew mostly done:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20171114

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 20:07

Ohhh, I really like that. The blue and white looks good! It's important that you have such a strong bolt, too, as I find a lot of people are feather light on accenting the lines and it makes it looks strange.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2018, 12:54

Been far too long without posting anything on here.

With the excitement of the new Codex comes the realisation I need more foot HQs to fit my current army plans. Like pretty much everyone, I'm not a huge fan of the current Archon model.

However, I am expecting to have one Archon hanging back to play buff games with the Ravagers. I figured this Archon could be standing on the spot and pointing the target to take out. The conversion process was like this:

1) Power sword from the Wych kit to replace the Huskblade arm, with some holes drilled in it to make it look like a Huskblade.
2) One of the Raider hangers on, spare from the Ravager kit had its arm trimmed and the fingers bent back a little and a short piece of pinning wire used to make the pointing finger
3) Spare Kabalite Warrior head, also from the Ravager kit, used instead of the bald head from the Archon kit.
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180410
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180411
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180412

Fairly happy with the conversion so far, looking forward to having him painted up.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:18

I like the dynamic pose. It's a good HQ, haughty, regal, cruel, terrifying, everything an Archon should be and much better than the standard model. Weird how little retouches can make all the difference, right?

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:25

Korazell - nice to see you are still lurking around!

I just find it a little sad that after a really nice base model for the finecast Archon that our plastic model is ugly and in a weird pose.

I'm going to need another Archon to squeeze in another detachment, any ideas for what I could do that to look interesting and different to this one?

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:00

Oh, you know, they let me out of the rejuvenation pod now and then. Used to take more injuries with the old wyche rules and all that! Good to see you, too!

I'm making my archon out of the side rider for the raider, the one who holds onto the side, and make it into a "Scourge" Archon with some wings and kicking off something...probably a space marine model.

For an underling pose...I assume a Dracon would be more aggressive as they don't have the terrifying aura of confidence a full fledged Archon supreme would. You could do something neat with a "lunge" pose with a huskblade.

I'd take a look at pintrest, too. I know, I know, but people put up such good ideas! And a picture speaks a thousand words and all that.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:02

I have a Start Collecting Drukhari box (the old one with Kabalites) coming in, so will have another crossed arms Archon as a base model.

I'm expecting my army list will have a warlord Archon standing at the back as a buff dispenser. That one makes sense as my recent conversion, pointing out the target and saying "minions kill that one". The other Dracon(s) make sense to be in a more dynamic pose, as I plan on them getting stuck in.

At this stage I'm thinking I will fill in the foot holes on the rock he is standing on and have one leg bent with the foot on a rock and one straight with the foot at ground level. Slashing or stabbing something with the Huskblade ideally. Better finish painting this one first though.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2018, 08:00

Speaking of finishing painting the first one...

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180414
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180413
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180415

Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2018, 08:24

Oh man, the extra detail on the inside of the trophy rack is the icing on the cake!

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2018, 11:52

wormfromhell wrote:
Oh man, the extra detail on the inside of the trophy rack is the icing on the cake!
You mean it looks more like cake icing than painting?

Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2018, 23:18

Kantalla wrote:
wormfromhell wrote:
You mean it looks more like cake icing than painting?

lol!

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 18:50

Mmmmmm, that archon looks fantastic! Good work, I love the pose and it being painted just cements it in as fantastic!

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 11:02

The next part of my Start Collecting box is Kabalite Warriors:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180510

With the new Codex, I am finding many more Kabalites are on the tabletop than previously, so here are my new style Kabalites to go with about 70 of the old style ones:
The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 20180511

Raider next then I want to convert some jetbike Mandrakes to be my Drukhari style Farseer and Warlocks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Lightning Strikes   The Kabal of Lightning Strikes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of Lightning Strikes
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3