THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge   Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2016, 22:48

Hey all, hope you're all well. Looking for feedback on a new list I am planning. It is 1850 and is a CAD with a Purge Coterie although for ease of reading I have merged them in the below list. List is for a competitive meta with the Tantalus maybe the biggest eye brow raiser but I plan it to the centre piece of the army. Looking to keep this particular list pure Commorragh.

Archon, Blaster, Haywire grenade, Webway portal
4 Sslyth, 3 Medusae, Tantalus

5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Raider

5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom, additional splinter cannon

5 Scourges, 4 Haywire blasters
6 Reavers, 2 Blasters, 2 Cluster caltrops
Razorwing Jetfighter, 2 Dark lances

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge   Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10 2016, 06:42

You could save 45 points by getting a tri-lance ravager instead of those trueborn in a raider, and have a more surviveable anti-tank unit with twice the range.

If you cut the rest of the blasters out, you could get a second one and have 35 points left.

If you then dropped 1 unit of warriors, you could pay for the third ravager and still have enough warrior units to meet the requirements of your detachments(I think. It's 2 for a purge coterie?)

Either way, I like the list better with more ravagers, and more focused units. Warriors in venoms shoot poison, reavers jink for 3+ and attack in CC, scourges haywire blast vehicles, and ravagers fire 36" darklance shots. Everyone has their role. No one is wasting shots. Wink

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge   Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10 2016, 23:53

Thanks for your feedback. I usually run Warriors without Blasters so that is something I can happily do but have had a lot of success with Blasters on Reavers so wouldn't consider dropping them. Trueborn are from the Purge Coterie and have used a similar unit before and think they will perform a useful role.

I'm not sold on the Ravagers but have jiggers the list to give you an alternative. Still feel like I am missing some kind of heavy hitter.

Archon, Blaster, Haywire grenade, Webway portal
4 Sslyth, 3 Medusae, Tantalus
Lhaemean, Venom, additional splinter cannon

5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Raider

5 Kabalite Warriors, Venom, additional splinter cannon

5 Scourges, 4 Haywire blasters

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
The Spider
Hellion
The Spider

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge   Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10 2016, 23:54

EDIT!! Ninja' your second list is exactly what I was suggesting Smile

It's an interesting list!

Given the Purge Coterie's rules, the Trueborb and blasters are actually quite valid (preferred enemy is a nice bonus to have) and the Coterie's Reavers will be pretty nice backing it up....

The Tantalus is a lovely model and its vector strike is actually quite good. It should catch some people off guard before it blows up... Such a shame it is over costed!

In terms of changing the list... Would you consider dropping one unit of Reavers for a second Rwxorwing? I find that they work so well in pairs and also if your opponent isn't playing Death from The Skies, you have a better chance of one coming on in turn 2?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge   Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpents! 1850 CAD/Purge
Page 1 of 1