THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliscus the Serpent

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
downzekd
Slave
downzekd

Duke Sliscus the Serpent Empty
PostSubject: Duke Sliscus the Serpent   Duke Sliscus the Serpent I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 07:57

First time posting here in The Dark City, wanted to post my current WIP.

I know he's not even able to be used in games this edition (why, GW..??), but I tried my best to create a model for Duke Sliscus.

I used a Harlequin cloak, a David Bowie head, and Scourge arms on the new Archon model.

Duke Sliscus the Serpent Duke_s10

It is supposed to be reminiscent of Technomancer's version of the Duke, from 4chan's /tg/ board.

I'm not sure if I should attempt to add spikes to his shoulder pads, or add anything else of note to the model.

And most important of all, what colours to incorporate in his painting.
Back to top Go down
downzekd
Slave
downzekd

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus the Serpent   Duke Sliscus the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 15:54

Here's a quick little progress update. I apologize for the shoddy camera work, my lighting and camera are horrible. The armour is actually Xereus and Genestealer purple.

Duke Sliscus the Serpent Img_2010

Now I'm wondering what to do to make the different sections of the armour stand out from other parts of the armour, since this is only the beginning.

Ultimately I plan to make all cloth and leather a matte black, but I have no idea what to do with his weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus the Serpent   Duke Sliscus the Serpent I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 11:27

I like it. Coming salong very nicely.

Out of curiousity, where did the Bowie head come from?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
downzekd
Slave
downzekd

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus the Serpent   Duke Sliscus the Serpent I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 12:50

That was found by chance, I saw a painted version of Iron Wind Metals' Androgynous Rocker posted on DakkaDakka (I think..!) and ordered a pair of them, one to paint in the form of Jareth the Goblin King a la Labyrinth. The other I had a small plan for an Archon conversion, but had no idea how to approach it.

Duke Sliscus the Serpent Post-110

I can't find that model in painted form at the moment, I've misplaced the image. The body is slender, closer to Reaper Miniatures' design, as opposed to the more robust GeeDubs build. Same height, though.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus the Serpent   Duke Sliscus the Serpent I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 17:16

Haha love that Bowie head. Seriously awesome Very Happy

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus the Serpent   Duke Sliscus the Serpent I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 03:53

not sure on the weapons... maybe keep them dark with some highlights - so the face and head standout the most? I guess it depends on the rest of the army's look.

A silver base coat with agrax and nuln oil washes over it can give a nice gunmetal look - I'm just not sure it would look right against the genesteeler purple body... hmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus the Serpent   Duke Sliscus the Serpent I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliscus the Serpent
Page 1 of 1