THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliscus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilrane
Slave

Duke Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Duke Sliscus   Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 09:20

Being brand new to miniature gaming this is only the second model I have painted.  So be a little gentle in your criticisms Smile I had to do a bit of modification to several pieces to get him to come out like I wanted.  The right arm and back are from the Fantasy Corsair model, the legs from a Scourge, and the torso and left arm from the Kab Warrior set.  I'm considering adding some vials to him representing the drugs he's famous for.  

Any tips or helpful criticisms are very welcome Smile

Edit: Forgot to add that I used the Technical paint "Nurgle's Rot" to represent the venom of the venom blades. Of course "Blood for the Blood God" Technical paint for the juices of some unfortunate bastard.

Picture:
Picture:
Picture:
Picture:
Picture:
Picture:
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

Duke Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus   Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07 2014, 16:38

Nice job. Like the cape.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy52
Slave
Jamesy52

Duke Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus   Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 16:50

The paint job looks really good, though to be honest the way it's posed is a bit silly looking. It just looks like he is comically trying to balance on one foot. Personally I wouldn't have used those legs; however, it does take a while to get used to making a model look right. You should have turned the body slightly and cut the straight sword arm in order to put it in a forward pointing pose.
Back to top Go down
Kilrane
Slave

Duke Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus   Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 02:20

Yeah that's more of a limitation of my budget. My room mate likes to move stuff (in this case my Green Stuff) and not tell me where he moved it to. I was in the groove and didn't want to stop so I just made-do with what I had within my budget. Thanks for the criticism though, it gives me some modelling ideas for the set of wyches I've got to get around to painting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duke Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus   Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliscus
Page 1 of 1