THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Trial 1850 army

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wriggs
Slave
Wriggs

Trial 1850 army Empty
PostSubject: Trial 1850 army   Trial 1850 army I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2016, 18:41

Hey guys
I plan on making a few large purchases, but can't decide on exactly what to get so here's the list that I'm thinking of.
CAD
3x units of five warriors with blaster and venom - 360
2x units of five warriors with venom - 210
5 scourges with haywire blasters - 120
5 scourges with haywire blasters - 120
5 scourges with blasters - 140
Ravager - 115
Ravager - 115
Ravager - 115
Succubus w, glaive and armour of misery - 110
3x medusae with venom - 140

Harlequin formation: heroes path
Death jester - 60
Shadow seer level 2 with mask of secrets - 100
Solitaire - 145
1850pts exactly.
The plan I have is a sort of msu with some leadership fun with the ld debuffs, everything is expendable hopefully the Solitaire will tank a round of shooting or two while the rest of the army does its thing. I plan on deepstriking the Succubus with the medusae. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers
Wriggs out
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Trial 1850 army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial 1850 army   Trial 1850 army I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2016, 18:54

Without the WWP you cant DS the medusa. Other than that it looks very competitive. Lots of anti infantry, hopefully enough anti tank
Back to top Go down
Wriggs
Slave
Wriggs

Trial 1850 army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial 1850 army   Trial 1850 army I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2016, 16:25

I figured I had enough anti tank to remove the bigest threats that i may come across and ignore the rest focusing on objectives.
You could be right as Im not near an army book atm but I thought all vehicles had ordinary deepstrike.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

Trial 1850 army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial 1850 army   Trial 1850 army I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2016, 17:37

You can totally DS the medusae in the Venom, that will not be a problem. I am not a huge fan of the Succubus. I understand what you want her to do, but I feel they will blow the venom and her up with it which will not take much to do. I would drop her and take a second CAD.
The second CAD can be lead by a Llahmaen and you can grab 2 of your troops you already have and put them in it. I would then grab a Fast Attack Venom for the Shadowseer. You will be glad they are in a transport for the extra protection and movement (if outflanking).
I would use the extra points for Dark lances on at least 2 of the Ravagers. If you have extra points, grab some Haywire grenades or another Medusae in the squad.
As an aside, I have found Haywire Blasters underwhelming so I personally would swap at least 1 squad for Heat Lances, if not both.
Back to top Go down
Wriggs
Slave
Wriggs

Trial 1850 army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial 1850 army   Trial 1850 army I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2016, 19:04

Thanks for the input,
I haven't had much experience with psychic powers and am thinking the stacking ld debuffs of mask of secrets and armour of misery would be quite strong with the powers and the jester.
Going the way of negative Succubus but extra venom and dark lances on Ravagers as I haven't played them yet I thought that 9disintergrator shots would beat 3Lance shots in most situations or is it because I there isn't enough anti tank in the army?
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

Trial 1850 army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial 1850 army   Trial 1850 army I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2016, 20:43

Can't outflank the venom as it's not a dedicated transport for the shadowseer, if you want her outflanking she'll be walking. The venom for her I'd totally worth it. If your after a small ld bomb, try using cast of players? The troupe, death jester and shadow seer formation and add the Succubus to the unit with either a Wwp or raider (or both). Roll telepathy? For psychic shriek for your powers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trial 1850 army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial 1850 army   Trial 1850 army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trial 1850 army
Page 1 of 1