THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Death Masque rumors

Go down 
+5
sixteen.scandals
lelith
stilgar27
Woozl
BizarreShowbiz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

Death Masque rumors Empty
PostSubject: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2016, 10:43

The box contains, apart for the Deatwatch forces

1 Eldrad Ulthran
12 Harlequin Players
1 Death Jester
1 Void Weaver
2 Skyweavers
Harlequin transfer sheet

As an avid Space clown player I cant wait to see what rules the new formation brings to the table. Im afraid of getting my hopes up as the toll for fielding eldrad + 2 Troupes seems a bit on the high end (Voidweaver, 2 skyweavers, Death Jester) But it all depends on how good the bonuses are.

Wild guess? Crescendo and improved invulnerable saves while Eldrad is alive (via rerolling seems to fit harlequins best) to represent his foreshadowing skills.

The problem I see with this formation is that with the new FaQ, units from different codexes cant start the game embarked in an allied transport, even if theyre battle brothers... so where does Eldrad deploy? Laughing Do you think the formation will tackle this issue?

Anyways, there is a high possibility that it will suck, but Im still hyped for it. Besides, the box pricetag is pretty neat if you split it with someone.
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2016, 19:29

Buying regardless to flesh out a Masque detachment. Eldrad and the Death Jester are just gravy.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2016, 21:02

About $140 direct from GW, might buy a couple if they end up cheap on ebay.  After you sell off the deathwatch stuff (which should be amazingly popular), it's pretty reasonable.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 06:01

Actually I'm gonna get 2-3 boxes to re-organize my harle-army. This is a HUGE bargain Smile

As mentioned above, most players are paying attention to the deathwatch parts, thus it's very easy to buy harlies from them.
Back to top Go down
sixteen.scandals
Slave
sixteen.scandals

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2016, 20:07

When will it be released?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2016, 21:42

I mentioned on another thread that I think the UK price will be ~£100 and the Harlequins alone would be ~£125 to buy.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2016, 20:36

Death Masque is currently up for Pre-order, it says it will ship on the 13th so it should release around them. At $150 USD I can't pass up on this deal to expand my Harlequins.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07 2016, 16:19

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Death Masque is currently up for Pre-order, it says it will ship on the 13th so it should release around them. At $150 USD I can't pass up on this deal to expand my Harlequins.

Me too. It's nearly 75% discount! (I'll be buying the boxes 4:6 with my friends - six for their deathwatches).

EDIT: Does anyone know which formation we'll get from the death masque?

EDIT2: Never mind. I got it in this dark city Wink
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14219p75-more-eldar-love-and-a-place-for-the-eldrad-sprue
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07 2016, 21:33

The special rule for the formation is a 6+ save for every model, like an uber FNP can be taken against anything. And eldrad becomes EW.
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2016, 15:20

Take a look at this guy
Death Masque rumors 20160810
He can be taken instead of any Death Jester.
this guy just changed the way harlequins are played thanks to his shrouded USR and IC status.
All praise his big, hard shrieker cannon.

EDIT: He's unique.
God frak damnit.
Well, at least 1/3 Troupes in a Masque will have shrouded.
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2016, 15:44

Shrouded is cool
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2016, 18:13

Even though he is unique he does effect the one troupe or group of elites that he gets attached to and is still a slight boon to them.
Back to top Go down
Saunders
Slave
Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2016, 20:05

Interestingly, this is the second accpearance of Inriam's Spectre. He was included by name in the Masque of Midnight Sorrow showcased in the Harlequins painting guide book. Not much was said on him in that context, though.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2016, 00:49

Nice! That's pretty cool,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque rumors   Death Masque rumors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Masque rumors
Page 1 of 1