THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

vs Blood Angels/Skitarii

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

vs Blood Angels/Skitarii Empty
PostSubject: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 23:39

So I'm going to an ITC Rogue Trader this Sunday, and one of my opponents is going to be bringing a Skitarii list with allied Blood Angels for FA Drop Pods. (Under ITC rules, this is still legal.)

A summary of my list: Grotesquerie with a grotboat and a grotbomb, a seer council, and a corsair detachment with a bike prince (goes with the seers), a void dreamer (goes with the grotbomb) and three scatpacks.

So, does anyone have any advice? I have precious little experience against skitarii, so I'm not sure what they do well. I know they can reduce my cover save and jack up their own stats, but beyond that I dunno much.

My plan was to reserve the bikes (and the council if I don't get first turn) and let his drop pod troops hammer away at the grotesques. Then swarm them with surviving grotesques and outflanking scatterbikes.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2016, 08:49

Skitarii in pods usually brings an ungodly amount of plasma or similar dakka, then drop down and alpha strike you. If you deploy the grots, put them in ruins and go to ground if possible.
After the first drop you should be able to outmaneuver him. Depending on terrain and the mission of course.
If he is aggressive he will be able to scout most of his army, and infiltrate if he brings the stalkers. So he can cover the objectives early on.

Don't get charged by his two legged walker. It is surprisingly fast and usually hits pretty hard.
Stay out of range of his dunecrawler if you can or take it out if you have the means. Don't expect to tarpit it if he has the claw on it though. It is the claw. You are afraid of the claw. The claw is coming to get you. AAaaaaarr..... anyway, that is my expert advice based on zero actual games against skitari, but I have a small force as allies for my marines though.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2016, 09:27

I have a big Ad Mech army. So apart from Vanguard squads that fire 9 S7 DS2 plasma shots (plus 21 S3 DS5 shots on which 6s to wound generate 2 additional wounds) you will probably be facing the Onager Dunecrawler.

This walker may come with the Icarus Array, which is a skyfire weapon that ignores cover and it WILL destroy a Venom/Raider/Ravager per turn if you don't stop it.

Vanguards only have 18" range so pick them off from a distance.

The Dunecrawler has AV 12 so your best bet would probably be Scourges with haywire.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2016, 22:50

Do they have a thing that reduces Toughness? Or anything to ID grots?
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2016, 23:45

Quote :
Do they have a thing that reduces Toughness? Or anything to ID grots?

Vanguards reduce the toughness of any unit they are locked in combat with by -1 (but Vanguards aren't meant for combat).

The Onager Dunecrawler can take one of three weapons:

The standard Eradication Beamer which fires a shot that gets weaker but wider the further away the target is (I think it's S6 AP5 large blast, then S8 AP3 small blast and at close range it's S10 AP1 heavy 1).

The Iccarus Array which is the ignores cover skyfire weapon.

And the Neutron Laser which is a S10 AP1 small blast.

But other than the Onager, Skitarii do not have any S10 or ID weapons for dealing with the Grots.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2016, 05:31

Took first place without ever facing the Skitarii. Whole lot of worry for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2016, 09:15

Congrats mate!

Batreps please?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2016, 09:25

Jimsolo wrote:
Took first place without ever facing the Skitarii.  Whole lot of worry for nothing.

Nice work!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vs Blood Angels/Skitarii   vs Blood Angels/Skitarii I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vs Blood Angels/Skitarii
Page 1 of 1