THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Struggling against Blood Angels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

Struggling against Blood Angels Empty
PostSubject: Struggling against Blood Angels   Struggling against Blood Angels I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23 2021, 06:49

There are a number of BA players in my local meta and I’ve been struggling against them. Most of the lists are somewhat similar, with a mix of Sanguinary Guard, Vanguard/Bladeguard Vets, a unit of Death Company with jump packs, some intercessors and then supporting crew such as attack bikes, dreadnoughts, eradicators, etc.

They are a mobile and durable assault army, so I find myself not able to use my mobility to my advantage very well. Additionally the DC with jump packs can make a pre-game move, so if I go second (which seems to happen more often than not) it’s an almost guaranteed first turn charge, and they generally have a number of thunder hammers, so that’s bye-bye raider/ravager in turn 1.

Lately I’ve been running a realspace raid with 10 haemoxytes, 2x5 wyches, 2x5 kabalites in venoms, 2x5 incubi, 2x5 mandrakes, 10 hellions, 3 reavers, 3 cronos and 2 ravagers.

Once I can actually get into combat, by incubi/hellions can wipe out a squad, but then next turn they get counter charged and generally wiped out themselves.

I dunno, it seems like BA should be a relatively easy matchup, as on paper I’m more mobile and have a bunch of units that can cut through marines pretty easily, but in practice I’m struggling.

What are your tactics for going against these types of armies?
Back to top Go down

Struggling against Blood Angels
Page 1 of 1