THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

single llamaean vs kabalites

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

single llamaean vs kabalites Empty
PostSubject: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 15:00

Hi. I often see in the army lists 1 single lhamaean in a venom, as a HQ, and 3-4 naked kabalites squads in venom.

The lhamaean allow a venom with only 10pts tax while the kabalite cost a lot more. Wouldn't it be better to always max the HQ slots before buying more venoms with kabalites?

Does the kabalite really add much to the poison output?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 15:17

The Lhamaean has bascially zero damage output. Kabalites fill out compulsory troop slots, are ObjSec, and offer 5-10 poison shots with 5 x the survivability of a Lhamaean (which isn't saying much).

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 16:56

But the cost of the kabalites is almost the cost of another venom...
I can understand the Obj. Sec. , though.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 17:55

A maximum venom spam would be best done with RSR so the obsec is moot yes?

Though a real world venom spam will most likely be CAD.

Thought experiment on how many venom can fit in athe 1850?

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 18:05

A maximum venom spam would be best done with RSR so the obsec is moot yes?

Though a real world venom spam will most likely be CAD.

Thought experiment on how many venom can fit in athe 1850?

The answer is 24.

5 lhamean plus dual cannon

6 warriors plus dual cannon

13 venom plus dual cannon

Spread over 2 RSR and 1 CAD

For a grand total of 318-348 4+ poison shots per turn, depending on your rapid fire ranges.

Why would you?? I don't know, but with that much fire and that many different units I feel safe in saying obsec won't matter. I mean unless they have tanks on them, but you knew the risks lol.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 20:24

without litterally spamming venoms, you can want to use 2 CAD, with 4 Obj-sec. units, 4 HQ venoms, and use the rest of your points and fasts slots for reavers and ravagers (heavy).
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 20:57

You are no fun at all lol

Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2016, 22:13

Venom's are great upto a point......

My usual AM opponent now brings his Vets. & CCS in Chimera's, essentially meaning my Venoms have no targets to shoot at until a Chimera pops from something else, which is allowing him to focus my Ravager & Reavers 1st Sad

This of course was in response to the games where my Venoms initially chewed threw his Infantry.

Sadly he also has waaaaaaaaaay more options on what he can bring, Wyverns suck, LRBT too & I'm not keen on those bloody 'Flame Tank' things either!

I personally run the Lhamean in low point games because our other HQ are too expensive, not because I want a 3rd Venom. Over say 1250 I would probably have a Succubus with some Grots. in a Raider anyway. 1500+ she's with the Grots from a Grotesquerie.

I've found also that rather than keeping the Court small thinking of it purely as tax, try running 4 or 5 Lhamean in a Venom in smaller games, with 2+ poison & lethal dose they can be quite effective & gives your opponent another thing to worry about.

There are topics full of detailed write ups & Mathhammer, pretty sure it's where I got the idea from Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: single llamaean vs kabalites   single llamaean vs kabalites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

single llamaean vs kabalites
Page 1 of 1