THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark Archives

Go down 
+12
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
TeenageAngst
Azdrubael
Skulnbonz
Painjunky
BizarreShowbiz
fisheyes
Myrvn
The goat
Causalis
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

The Dark Archives - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Archives   The Dark Archives - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2016, 18:01

I just find that the HWB are so situational. If the enemy doesnt have any armor, than you have 150 pts/squad just wasted. At least with blasters/fusion guns you can start taking out TEQ....

And for this game, he had a libby cast 4++ call game. I was having trouble with his drednaughts, didnt even bother shooting the knight. The only issue came when I needed to get into his castle, at which point the D really started to hurt against my coven units.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Archives   The Dark Archives - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19 2017, 23:26

Guess who's back? Very Happy In true Archon fashion, I rear my wrathful head again after a long slumber in my Pain Sarcophagus.

So, 8th edition is here and it seems like GW took away our butterknives and gave us REAL WEAPONS. >: )

The principle of this thread still holds true: Gloat about the performance of your Kabal/Wychcult/Coven or condemn those useless fools which failed to deliver you onto victory!

Last Saturday I played a game against Tyranids. 58 powerlevel. I was eager to try out Wyches and see how we perform in the new edition. Boy oh boy was I in for a surprise!

My vehicles seemed very durable (for paperboats). One Raider even survived being charged by the Swarmlord himself!

Highlights have to be my four Grotesques and their Haemonculus disembarking from their Raider after the Swarmlord charged it and then proceeded to show him true pain by bringing him down to 1 wound and killing him in the next round. Mortal wounds, baby!

I gave my ten Wyches Hydra Gauntlets and +1 attack. The Succubus got the Warlord Trait for +1 Attack on the charge and +1T for drugs. She mopped up a squad of 12 Hormagants on her own and the Wyches just murdered a ten man squad of Genestealers.

Everything feels very... fluent. The gameturns are quick and there is still loads of tactical depth to it. It seems that we finally have our bite back and I think we will take many players by surprise since our vehicles don't explode to a stiff breeze and our Darklight weapons + improved CC units really make us a force to be reckoned with!
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Archives   The Dark Archives - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 02:09

Pair of games this weekend. Amazed at how much more survivable our transports are than in the old days. More than once I've had Raiders triumphantly limp around at a hull point or two after being subject to enough firepower to down three of them in 7th.

MVP of the last game was clearly the Razorwing Jetfighter, outfitted with Dissies. Necrotoxin missiles are a wonder and beauty to behold. It single-handedly accounted for a trio of bikers, a sorcerer, about 20 cultists, the last couple wounds on a Defiler, a couple of noise marines, and even put some wounds on a Chaos Lord for kicks.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Archives   The Dark Archives - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 08:06

mynamelegend wrote:
It single-handedly accounted for a trio of bikers, a sorcerer, about 20 cultists, the last couple wounds on a Defiler, a couple of noise marines, and even put some wounds on a Chaos Lord for kicks.

awhat? how...
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Archives   The Dark Archives - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 18:05

Turn 1: Disintegrated a trio of bikers with a lucky roll, took down six cultists with Necrotoxin+Twin Splinter Rifle and caused another four to flee.
Turn 2: Disintegrated the sorcerer that was hanging out with the bikers and cultists, killed five cultists with Necrotoxin+Twin Splinter Rifle, caused some more morale losses.
Turn 3: Disintegrated a couple noise marines, killed even more cultists with Necrotoxin.
Turn 4 (By now it had been whittled down to its middle BS4+ profile): Disintegrated the Defiler's last two wounds, and did two wounds to the Lord with Necrotoxin+Rifle.

It definitely over-achieved, which I suppose offset how my three Raiders managed to do exactly 1 wound worth of damage with four turns of dark lance shots.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Archives   The Dark Archives - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 19:59

Unfortunately my Coven will not see the light of 8th for some time yet.

However its nice to see that the Razorwing is now actually worth the time to bring it out of its box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Archives   The Dark Archives - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Archives
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3