THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Corpsethieves Blade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Æther
Hellion
Æther

The Corpsethieves Blade Empty
PostSubject: The Corpsethieves Blade   The Corpsethieves Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 04:08

So this is a sorta fantasy list I have, I haven't got any of the models or seen it played. So, I'm not sure if it would play as well as I'd imagine... better to ask those who have actually played the formations. Anyways, the list...

2xCorpsethief Claw Formations (1295pts)
    -10Talos with 9xIchor Injectors and one with a Stinger Pod(the Warlord)

Faolchú's Blade (555pts)
    -3xSkyweavers with Haywire Cannons
    -3xSkyweavers with Haywire Cannons
    -3xVoidweavers with Haywire Cannons

That's 1850 on the dot.

I've always liked the idea of pairing the CTC with Haywire Scourges, but I imagine the 9xHaywire blasts this list brings would make any Scourge lover proud. It's all about the resilience though, Faolchú Blade brings the firepower on jetbike and skimmer platforms, with rerollable cover saves when jinking thanks to the formation bonus.

So really it's about having a bunch tough targets, Talos focus Infantry and the Sky/Voidweavers focus Armor. Ultra simple... Effective? Competitive? Fun? Idk.

Last edited by Æther on Mon Sep 19 2016, 22:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bnaca
Slave
Bnaca

PostSubject: Re: The Corpsethieves Blade   The Corpsethieves Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 17:09

My oh my, that is quite a list....
I love it!!

Anything with SD will make short work of those Talos, as well as grav/plasma spam.
It's not really competitive at all, nor particularly effective...
But it would be bloody fun!

-Bnaca
Back to top Go down
http://teen40k.blogspot.co.uk/
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The Corpsethieves Blade   The Corpsethieves Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 18:23

Competitive, not so much. This is a "Rock Paper Scissor" type list, where some times you will win before models even hit the table, and other times you will loose before setting any of this down.

As Bnaca has said, D/grav/plasma will ruin your day. So basically if you play against SM, Eldar, or Tau (basically all the tier 1 armies) you will automatically loose most games. Against the lower tier armies you will most likely not even take one casualty. You tell us if this is fun.

As for critique, how about taking a DA rather than the second CTC? That way you have the chronos 4+ FNP, and the warlord "reroll 1's of FNP" bubbles to boost the CTC survivability.
Back to top Go down
Æther
Hellion
Æther

PostSubject: Re: The Corpsethieves Blade   The Corpsethieves Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 22:22

Interesting, makes sense though... was hoping the Talos weight in numbers would make em a little tougher. Sounds like they have some pretty popular spammable counters though.

I was imagining the Talos spread out all over the battlefield, but adding the DA totally turns it into a sorta Deathstar. I feel like its a more defensive approach, but I worry having all my Units within a bubble will make it easy for my opponent to combine fire on me. But yeah, messing around with the idea, list looks something like this.

3xFormations

650 CTC
425 DA
775 FB

Got to bring 4 more skyweavers, 2 per unit, and the Haemo was pretty heavily upgraded. Totally changes the style to a type of deathstar compared to the target saturated, distributed everywhere approach. Wish I had the models... tempted to proxy play test these lists (coke can Talos?).
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The Corpsethieves Blade   The Corpsethieves Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2016, 15:29

Lol. I have recently converted some old McDonalds happymeal toys into Taloi, as they appear to be the perfect size. Also a pretty good LAWL factor Razz

The problem is armies like Tau have mechanics where if you have a single unit, its easy for him to saturate it with marker lights, then his whole army (potentially) gets to benefit by shooting your one big scary thing. By breaking them up, he has to foccus on one thing or the other. Does he shoot the DA to remove the FNP bonus, or does he shoot the Talos that is about to charge?

Most of the Coven formations are "Deathstar Lite", just seems to be where the game of 40k is right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Corpsethieves Blade   The Corpsethieves Blade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Corpsethieves Blade
Page 1 of 1