THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Unbound Corsair Army question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surefire
Slave
Surefire

Unbound Corsair Army question Empty
PostSubject: Unbound Corsair Army question   Unbound Corsair Army question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2016, 05:08

Do the Prince's path options which refer to detachments still confer their bonuses in unbound lists? This isn't a command benefit so it shouldn't be negated by the unbound rule wording, but I'm unsure if other units can even purchase the obsessions benefits RAI.

BRB(p117) "If you used the Unbound method, then once you choose your Warlord, every model in your army that has the same faction as your Warlord is considered to be part of the Primary Detachment for all rules purposes. ...these models are not bound by any Detachment restrictions and do not receive Command Benefits."

I read this RAW as not only permitting multiple Princes per unbound army, but multiple Princes who treat each other as being part of the same detachment for obsession purposes. When an obsession purchase checks for the detachment question in unbound it's answered by a faction check, which is all Corsair.

Thoughts? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Unbound Corsair Army question   Unbound Corsair Army question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2016, 05:55

This should be in the rules subforum not here.

That said after re-reading your argument 3 times I have concluded that I believe you are absolutely correct, I even think the do not receive command benefits bit is relevant. Your argument stands on it's own from the first clause.

I'm not sure if it would be worth it, but definitely totally legal in a non-battleforged only environment.
Back to top Go down
Surefire
Slave
Surefire

PostSubject: Re: Unbound Corsair Army question   Unbound Corsair Army question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2016, 20:29

Thanks for the support! Yeah I wasn't sure where to put it since the rules forum seemed more geared to DE alone.

As for utility, I'm not sure yet how best to use it either. It would be for a 750 pt unbound fight club tournament at my FLGS.
But 6 Princes each with
Jetpacks,
Combat Drugs,
Mastercrafted Void Sabers,
Multiphase Key Generators,
Shadowfields,
5+ Feel No Pain,
Rage and RotOD shenanigans,

and with an IWND, a Rampage, a Cegorach's Rose, and a Mastery 2 Malefic Wild Psyker thrown in... I'm sure I could think of something. Twisted Evil  I want to say you could fully kit 6 of them out for under 1200 but I have to check the math on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unbound Corsair Army question   Unbound Corsair Army question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unbound Corsair Army question
Page 1 of 1